PDA

View Full Version : How big are the perks for the players?

selesfan1
Aug 29th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I have heard that the reason so many players come here is because Hugo Boss gives them a huge discount at their store. I have also heard that every top 10 player is loaned a Porsche for the week. I also heard that AnnaK spent over $20,000 at the Hugo Boss storeand the store reduced its discount. Does anyone know if these perks are true?

matthias
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:31 AM
the stuff with the porsche is true
i was there once, and there have been about 20 porsche in the first row of the parking area
donīt know about the other stuff

JackFrost
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:25 PM
I know that every player have a little present on the pillows, when they come to their rooms. Every day. And really every player, not just the Superstars.

And Steffi Graf didnīt play this tournament since she was 15, 16 oder 17. She was really pissed off, because of a bad decision of the umpire and that the crowd cheered for her opponent Pam Shriver and not for her. She left and never came back. :lol:

ChrisGermany
Sep 6th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Actually Graf came back the year she retired because she promised to play there 1999. As she was retired, she was just given some flowers on the court and gave autograph sessions.

The other stories about the event are true. There are Porsche safety events where the players learn how to drive in difficult situations, they can visit the Porsche company (Anna went there with Tommy Haas as a visitor of the event 1-2 years ago), theyīve a Porsche for free and the stuff with the small gifts on the pillow is a legendary thing that makes the event the most loved one among the tier II.

In fact, Iīve been to the hotel where the players stay twice in my life and itīs located directly next to the Stuttgart airport. This is another factor. The players fly in and are in their hotel and are driven to Filderstadt which should be about 15-20 minutes from the side of the hotel.

pan
Sep 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM
And Steffi Graf didnīt play this tournament since she was 15, 16 oder 17. She was really pissed off, because of a bad decision of the umpire and that the crowd cheered for her opponent Pam Shriver and not for her. She left and never came back. :lol:

i heard that STEFFI did not play filderstadt anymore cause the tourny-director and peter graf weren't the best friends... :confused:

irma
Sep 9th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I know that every player have a little present on the pillows, when they come to their rooms. Every day. And really every player, not just the Superstars.

no the true reason was that daddy was in a fight with the director, otherwise why did she wanted to return in 96. isn't that obvious?

JackFrost
Sep 9th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Well, Ok. Maybe.
Iīve read that story in an old german tennis-magazin.
But truth is, that she didnīt return since that year, when she left angry.
Daddy or not Daddy. :rolleyes: