PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Else notice~ jennifer Capriati?

Hingiswinsthis
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:38 PM
I have no bad feelings about Jennifer because she's a favorite of mine as well, BUT.....

Australian 01' Finals def. Hingis

Charleston 01' Finals def. Hingis

Roland Gaross 01' Semis def. Hingis,
Finals def. Clijsters

Australian 02' Semis def. Clijsters,
Finals def. Hingis

looks like Jen hopes to get either Clijsters or Martina in one of the later rounds for her to win a tournament
:rolleyes:

I still would love to see Jen win a tournament beating Venus or Monica ot Lindsay in a final:drool:

veryborednow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:42 PM
Yeah, she lost to Mauresmo (I can's spell it, and I never will be able to) in another final (can't remember which one) but I don't think she'll be doing that again in a hurry.

I'm not particularly bothered, she had 8 match points against Venus last year, so she can compete with the likes of them in finals, just can't quite win yet.

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
That's an interesting way to look at it. Their games must suit Jennifer's playing style, or she just has the confidence to beat them. It'll be interesting to see whether or not Jennifer can add another name to the list--provided the last name isn't Williams.

Asshole
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
Yeah, she lost to Mureassmo

LOL! :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bite Me.
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:49 PM
It's MAURESMO, and i think it was the German open.

veryborednow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:49 PM
Oi :) I know I can't spell, don't rub it in

Asshole
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:52 PM
veryborednow: Yeah, Jenn also has this spelling problem! LOL :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

veryborednow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:54 PM
Spelling? I thought it was a speaking problem.... :p

Asshole
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:55 PM
Jenn - The Grand Slam Goddess!!! I luv her too! :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

Bite Me.
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:56 PM
Don't worry about it veryborednow. For some reason not many people can! Anyway, i knew who you meant.

Oasiatic
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:15 PM
I knew what you meant guy...:p

Jakeev
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:40 PM
On any given day Jennifer can beat anyone that you mentioned above. She just hasn't had that breakthrough against Venus and believe me it's coming.

Chibuku14
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:15 PM
Jen. can beat anyone of course. But beating someone in the
first, second, quarters and semi-finals is different from the
the finals. The few times she beat serena were not in the
finals. For Venus, I am waiting for it in one of the grandslams.
Remember of course Venus leads in head-head.

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:22 PM
....[Jennifer] just hasn't had that breakthrough against Venus and believe me it's coming.

That may be, but she'll have to catch Venus on a bad day, like Monica did at the AO.

Vanity
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:25 PM
LOL bright red, take your head out of your ass! too much arrogance!

I think anyone who wins a title has earned it, regardless of who they beat! I would definately not be surprised if Jen defended her Roland Garros title.

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:27 PM
Calm down, Vanity. I don't deserve your response, remember? Besides, I happened to be talking about the players---no need to attack me over it.

But I feel your pain: the truth hurts.

Jordan.
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:51 AM
:rolleyes:

Kart
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:58 AM
Please note that in Oz 2001 and RG 2001, besides beating Martina and Kim, JenCap also had wins over Monica :(, Lindsay and Serena on her way to those titles.

I agree that it would nice if she had wins over those others or Venus in the latter stages of a slam, but that's the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

Williams Rulez
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:46 AM
Why did asshole get banned? :confused:

Shane54
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:06 AM
It simply amazes me that time and time again Capriati wins and wins..but yet, we still get some idiotic views:
Capriati doesnt fix the draws they are done randomly...Yes, she hasnt played the Williams in finals...she has beaten Clijsters, Hingis, Serena, Lindsay, and Monica on her way to titles.
There is all this talk about how great Marti is and how talented Kim is...but yet, in the same breath we see "that Jenn beat Clijsters and Marti, but not the Williamses" I take that as an insult towards Kim and Marti....and also if these previous players are so talented how come they are viewed as lesser opponents....Just as there are Williams haters, there are also Jennifer haters "BIG TIME"....Some people just can't stand the fact that Jennifer has won 3 Grand Slams and the "Nubian goddesses "are not winning everything....

But on the other hand, there is some good to this. Jennifer was never talked about or felt as a threat before 2001. So Jennifer is doing something right. A great talent to know that even not at here best she can still pull of a GS victory over someone talented like Hingis.

People bring up that Venus is undefeated against Capriati..which is absolutely right. But Jennifer will have her day just like Serena Finally had against Jenn this summer...But as for the Serena vs. Jenn...seems that head to head is swept under the rug and kept hush hush...and excuses made for every lost...Even if Jenn would have played Serena in the final of a GS...Same result...The "stomach problems" wink wink would still have been there...

Anyways, You go Jennifer!! Keep on rockin'...Keep on pissin' the f*** off those people who are your adversaries...
KEEP ON ROCKIN JENN!! MAKE IT 4 Grand Slams....
Sincerely,

A Diehard Jennifer Fan and damn proud of it...!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Shane54
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:09 AM
BUMP

Crazy Canuck
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Williams Rulez - Just a thought, but maybe the admins didn't find the name "asshole" to be appropriate?

JCFan
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Right on, you tell 'em Shane! :D I know Jennifer will have her day against Venus, and she'll prove once and for all that she can beat ANYONE.