PDA

View Full Version : New Sheryl Crow album!

shirley
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:36 PM
New Sheryl Crow Album Coming Soon!
All of Sheryl Crow's collaborating over the last couple of years apparently gave the singer some ideas for her fourth studio album.

The as-yet-untitled follow-up to 1998's The Globe Sessions, due in late March, will include contributions from several big-name artists, including Stevie Nicks, Don Henley, Lenny Kravitz and the Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines. "Soak up the Sun," the album's first single, is due in February and features additional vocals by fellow female rocker Liz Phair.

Nicks, who appeared on Crow's 1999 live album, Sheryl Crow and Friends: Live From Central Park, sings on "You're Not the One." Crow and Nicks recently collaborated on Nicks' Trouble in Shangri-La (2001), sharing vocals on "It's Only Love." Crow also produced several tracks on Nicks' record.

Eagles singer Henley, who's among the artists Crow sang backup for early on in her career, appears on the track "It's So Easy." Kravitz sings on "You're an Original," and Maines adds her signature twang to "Abilene." Crow and Maines performed several songs together at a breast cancer benefit in Los Angles last fall, including Crow's "It Don't Hurt." Maines' Dixie Chicks also appear on Sheryl Crow and Friends: Live From Central Park.

Other guests on the upcoming album are folk and country veteran Emmylou Harris ("Weather Channel") and blues guitarist Doyle Bramhall II ("Steve McQueen," "Over You").

Since the release of The Globe Sessions, which featured the single "My Favorite Mistake," Crow has recorded with an array of artists, from Tony Bennett to Kid Rock.

While recording in New York last summer, Crow played several high-profile club shows that included many of the guests on her album along with Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.

Tentative track list for Sheryl Crow's upcoming album:

"Steve McQueen"
"Soak up the Sun"
"You're an Original"
"It's So Easy"
"Over You"
"It's Only Love"
"Weather Channel"
"You're Not the One"
"Missing"
"Abilene"
"Slave"
"Safe and Sound"

http://www.sherylcrow.com/

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hurley
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:54 PM
Can't wait!

Keith
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:10 AM
I love Sheryl-she is so talented!
I just canot wait for this new album to finally come out!

shirley
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:14 AM
I am a BIG fan of Miss Crow. I have all her 4 albums. My fave is Sheryl Crow - though a lot of people went off her after that :confused:

Hurley
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:33 AM
I think her albums keep getting better...I hope the trend continues!

She is really one of the finest singer-songwriters out there.

Keith
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:43 AM
Shirley...my fave is the Sheryl Crow one, too!

See my other post about victory lane, we are much alike heh!

MLF
Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:25 AM
Globe Sessions is my favourite Sheryl album. I didn't care for the debut album, liked the second and loved the third. However, I'm more excited to see that the even better Liz Phair is cropping up on this album. Liz is so good.

Barrie_Dude
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:09 AM
Me Love Shreyl Crowe!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kisha
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:32 PM
:wavey: Shirley

I love Sheryl, she is so pretty and is a great singer! i cant wait for the new stuff!

:wavey: Jenny_fan!

Sheryl Crow is the best!
Whats your favourite song by her ever?

Mine are:

Everyday is a winding road
My favourite mistake
Sweet child o mine (cover, but still great!)

sartrista7
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:39 PM
Sheryl's great... first album's good, especially 'We Do What We Can', second was better (I love 'The Book' and 'Everyday Is A Winding Road')... but I lost my copy :mad: . And I still haven't got around to acquiring The Globe Sessions - terrible of me.

If you like Sheryl Crow, check out this singer called Lucinda Williams and her Car Wheels On A Gravel Road album - she's a sort of edgier version.

shirley
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Kisha
:wavey: Shirley

I love Sheryl, she is so pretty and is a great singer! i cant wait for the new stuff!

:wavey: Jenny_fan!

Sheryl Crow is the best!
Whats your favourite song by her ever?

Mine are:

My favourite mistake
Sweet child o mine (cover, but still great!)

:wavey: @ Kisha!

My fave Sheryl Crow songs are:
Hard to make a stand
My Favourite Mistake
Home
All I Wanna Do
Run Baby Run :bounce:

matthias
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:23 AM
i like her too, specially her 2nd album

Redemption Day
The book

are my favorits songs

shirley
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:21 PM
The brand new Sheryl Crow album, titled C'mon, C'mon, is scheduled to be released on April 9th!! The album's first single, "Soak Up The Sun," features backing vocals by Liz Phair and will be hitting radio airwaves across the country and the world over the next couple of weeks! (In the US) so I think that means we (UK) will get in On April 8.

:confused: