PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible IF Venus WIlliams wins 3 GS titles next year...

RYNJ
Oct 13th, 2001, 06:16 PM
and doesn't get the number one ranking?? If she wins Australia, Wimbledon, U.S open. Also remember Venus has points to defend in 2 GS so there basically worthless on points.

Jakeev
Oct 13th, 2001, 08:30 PM
What Venus needs to do is compete in the tuneup events leading to the Grand Slams.

Unless the WTA suddenly changes the current ranking system, it's pretty cut and dry what Venus needs to do.

SerenasMelons
Oct 13th, 2001, 09:25 PM
this is a longshot, but if venus can dominate in australia and become as good on clay as she is on grass, she could prob win the grand slam! she is just so good.

she probably could be closer to no. 1 this year if she lose in the 1st round at RG.

if she has a good 1st half of the year, maybe win OZ, then she has a good chance, because jennifer has a lot of points to defend from the 1st half of the year.

I wanna see Venus and Martina #1 and #2

Rollo
Oct 13th, 2001, 10:14 PM
Venus doesn't even need Australia to be computer #1, she needs to stop withdrawing from fall events. Last year she only played Linz after the Open(and was Runnerup), so decent results at Linz and Munich could lift her over the top.

Lindsayfan
Oct 13th, 2001, 10:22 PM
i think she prefers play excellent 10 events,than play so so 20 events.she isnt consistent for long time so she prefers to stay home and play only when she is in fit form.i think that's a choice,not a casual thing.anyway if she plays so rarely,she never will be #1!

Barrie_Dude
Oct 13th, 2001, 11:14 PM
If Venus wants to be #1 than she needs to play more tournies, period.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 13th, 2001, 11:18 PM
I dont know what everyone is all in a tizzy about..
its not like they are cheating her of anything!
Venus is a very smart women... she knows what needs to be done to be number one! However, she has said slams are most important to her right now. So why can't people respect that, and quit whining about how she should be number one?
She has said herself that it will come in time.
Sheesssshh!

Barrie_Dude
Oct 13th, 2001, 11:19 PM
Becca.....Are we playing tag or what?

jrj
Oct 13th, 2001, 11:34 PM
here's what she needs to do, not lose in the 1st round of the French, play more withdraw less for "family reasons."

Williams Rulez
Oct 14th, 2001, 02:54 AM
Sigh... if Venus plays Munich and Linz, and wins both, she shouldn't be too far off given the Capriati still has some points to defend. And if she does well at Aussi... then I think she'll get there.

I am still waiting for her to get to number 1. Just hope it won't take forever.

Seldom
Oct 14th, 2001, 03:19 AM
I doubt Venus will win 3 GS next year.

Messenger
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Wow, so much has changed since then. Venus made the #1 ranking without winning a Grand Slam. Her sister also made #1, and she did win the 3 out of the 4.

nuriboy
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Venus winning 3 grand slams next year? Hmmm.....very hard seeing her doing that. The level Serena´s right now I can´t see anyone other than her winning more than 1 grand slam.

CC
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Oct 13th, 2001.

CC
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:22 PM
02:16 PM

Gowza
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:45 PM
neither williams sister has played very well at the oz open in their career yet, if venus can start now before serena then she could add more grand slam titles to her name. but i think with serena being so dominate this year and wanting that career slam then she will actually do really well this year.