PDA

View Full Version : pilot pen report---- part 2 (wensday)

Maggie&MomoFan
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Ok so now its wensday morning, after my awesome night that i met all the girls. I decided to get an easrly start and sit in the lobby that morning and player watch, i did, i saw Ai Sugiyama, she was n a rush to get in a van to go tothe courts, she said not now when i asked for a pic, i saw pam shriver, i dindt realyl want a pic with her, and some young american girls, i think amber liu an d laura granville. Then i went up with my dad and cuousin for breakfast at about 1030, and right when we got ther the platyetrs started to poor in, capriati was eating with her dad mom and friend, dementieva ate by herself at the bar and mauresmo and dechy were there with their french contingent. Aslo saw Myriam Casanova who said hi to me, (she remember from the elavtor), Mauremso flashed me a smile too. Ok then we were done with breakfast andtook an elavtor down with dementieva, once again too scared to ask for a pic. so now we were on our way to the courts to watch matches.

When we first got there we saw soem people practicing, harkleroad, gagliardi, and some more. watched momo hit for a while. then matches statred

Sugiyama def Peribenis 6/4 7/6
Ai was totally outplated by Tatiana, i mean she was totally overpwoer ai with a huge forehadn and serve, btu she came undone by serveral backhand errors on importnat points it was all that Ai hit too. Ai just runs and runs and then occasionally goes for a backhand dtl, not much offense in her game but shes good at running.

Mauresmo def Casanova 7/5 6/4
Mauresmo really didnt play too well, completly over powered by an awesoem Casanova, shes actually a good mover, shes efective mover, i woudlnt say good actually. Mauremso didnt attack much, disapointed, and at one point during the match i was so nervous i got up and left, this proved to be advantageuos bc while i was gone i met Elena Dementieva, she was leaving the courts and i got a pic with her, i mean i had seen her more than anyone else, i figured someone up there waned me to meet her. So i came back, to Amelie and she was still being dominated but won the3 important points and came up with some flashy winners, fun to watch. At one point she got a shitty calla nd was pissed and the next point the guy actualy called it out and she pumped her fist and clapped for him. She served well too, had probably 8 aces, but about 5 dfaults.

Serna def Maleeva 7/6 6/3
I checked on this match while getting a Dementieva pic, and when isaw Maggie led 4-1, then i guess she had a melt down bc i came back for the tiebreak that she lost. Maggie made a lot of errros and winners, but Serna just kept consistent and Maggie would miss the shots, to her credit Serna hit some great forehands, and almost eerytime Maggie went to net Serna passed her. Maggie went up a break first in the 2nd then gave it back for 1-1, then the all held to 3 all, then Magige bsically tanked it, and just went for shots that werent there.

Black def Hantuchova 6/3 6/2
Horrible match, UFEs everywehre frmo both girls, eerytime Cara went for a ball she missed it. Daniela was so many errors it was horrible, her serve never got pat 94 i watched bc i remember people saying she lost pace on her serve. everytime she makes amistake it looks like she wants to break down and cry, but something id for sure up with her, in watching her practice she didnt even practice well, i never saw her at the hotel disapointed by this. Basuically this was a flury of errors. At one point Daniela lost 8 straight games i tihnk form being a up 3-2 a breka in the first to down 4-0 in the 2nd. Poor Daniela, with this tennis Bartoli will for sure take her down.

Molik/Serna def Zvonareva/Myskina 6/2 7/5
Didnt watch much but i justw anted some pics of the russian girls. aw only a few gmaes, Myskina made some many erros, and Magui really sucks at doubles, at on point she tried to hir a volley and it like dribbled of her raqcuet so she hit it again and then again and it finally made it over and she goes YEA!!! it was funny. She seemed so socked everytime she made a good poach or anything

Dementieva def Martinez 4/6 6/2 6/0
First set went to Conchi but she was realy outplayed, i still dont know how she won it, you had a feeling Dementieva would ctusie through the next 2 and she did, it was typical Conchi out there, everytime she messed up she got annoyed. they took a 10 minute heat break at conchitas request. Dementeiva is quick and hits hard, im shocked that conchi didnt try to attack the 2nd serve but im sure lindsay will. the 2nd never gotpast 73 i watched.

After that saw jenny hitting, lindsay hitting, then foretzand razzano hitting. also bartoli was hitting al ot, she seemed tired.

So thats everythng, i had a great time!
Ill havea us open report next week for you

I got pics of al the matches so ill post them when i figure out how.

Beat
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:50 PM
thank

you

!

:D

Caz
Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:11 PM
Molik/Serna def Zvonareva/Myskina 6/2 7/5
Didnt watch much but i justw anted some pics of the russian girls. aw only a few gmaes, Myskina made some many erros, and Magui really sucks at doubles, at on point she tried to hir a volley and it like dribbled of her raqcuet so she hit it again and then again and it finally made it over and she goes YEA!!! it was funny. She seemed so socked everytime she made a good poach or anything

Thanks for the report!!! :worship: lol!! Poor Magui!!! She's so funny when she plays doubles, isn't she?!? She trys so hard, but is so bad and she's always so very excited when she hits good shots or wins matches!! You should have seen she and Jennifer Capriati together in Eastbourne! You would ahve thought they'd won the Grand Slam at least every time they won a match!!!

I can't believe Magui and Alicia beat Leizel and Maggie last night!! :eek: :D

King Aaron
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks. :D

beauty_is_pink
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:42 AM
:eek: Thanks for the report!!!!!!!!!

:sad: Daniela...

yeh when i stayed at the Players Hotel at RG... never realli saw Daniela at the hotel.. where the heck does she go man?! :rolleyes:

maya
Aug 23rd, 2003, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the report :D!