PDA

View Full Version : My Thursday QF Report

Andrew.
Aug 22nd, 2003, 01:33 PM
I got there late, so the first match I saw was the Dementieva v. Black match. With Black d. Hantuchova the previous day, I had high hopes for this being an exciting match. Boy was I wrong. With a Dementieva 61 61 win, I felt she was actually playing very well. That second serve though, one was at 56 mph. Even those were sometimes hit into the net. It seemed the only shot Black ever used was the backhand slice. Black won the toss and chose to serve. Was broken, but then broke back. You know the rest of the set from there. Second set looked a bit better at first. Dementieva held serve, so did Black. That was it though. I think she just ran out of steam. After going through qualies and main draw to QF, she even looked wiped.

On the first set of the Davenport v. Serna match: wow. It was all Lindsay. She was dead serious and seemed hungry. The second set was a combination of Lindsay adjusting her game (i.e. not really trying very hard) and Serna raising hers the best she could. I guess when you win 60 you think the next set will be pretty easy. (Is there a Vera Zvonareva on this board?) I think she just caught Lindsay by surprise. She got two really bad calls on Serna's "aces". They were clearly out, and Lindsay had a few choice words with the chair. Still, a good result.

Lindsay's foot seemed pretty good. No limping. Now for revenge on Dementieva :devil:

Lindsayfan
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:31 PM
thanks for ur report and let's hope lindsay will beat dementieva! ;)

auntie janie
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks for reporting. :)

Steff_forever
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:03 PM
thanks for ur report and let's hope lindsay will beat dementieva! ;)
Let'shope for the opposite. ;) :devil:

Thanks for the report henenport, so Daniela really must have played awful if Alyona just did it -1/-1 without 2nd serve ...
pffff :(

Beat
Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:52 PM
Now for revenge on Dementieva :devil:

yes!!!!!!

Mikey Baker
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:32 PM
Let'shope for the opposite. ;) :devil:

Thanks for the report henenport, so Daniela really must have played awful if Alyona just did it -1/-1 without 2nd serve ...
pffff :(
I'd say so...

I watched Cara's matches in Toronto, and she's nothing special. Crafty game, good serve for her height, but weak forehand, and only slices her backhand. Nothing that can hurt a Top 50 player.

She could only beat someone like Dani if they completely self-destructed. :sad:

bis2806
Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:03 PM
oh that is so cool :) i'm glad to hear my lindsay doing very well :D yess now time for revenge against alyona!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Aaron
Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks. :D

Dymension
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:59 AM