PDA

View Full Version : Rainer Hofmann banned from travel to USA?

swissfan
Aug 21st, 2003, 01:04 AM
Several months ago the NZZ (New Zurich Newspaper, the most highly regarrded paper in Switzerland) wrote that Rainer Hofmann's November 2002 German fraud conviction was expected to restrict his travel rights to the USA, although the article did not give details. Hofmann did not appear at any of Patty's tournaments in the in the USA this past spring. He told the tennis reporter from Basler Zeitung that he did not make the trip because he fell down the stairs and broke his hand. According to the reporter that this was the first time in four years that Hofmann was not present at a Patty's tournament, Patty was accompannied at those tournaments instead by her interim coach. So everybody is now waiting to see if Hofmann will be present next week in New York or if he will stay behind in Switzerland giving some kind of reason for his absence.

Rothes
Aug 21st, 2003, 04:30 AM
I remember reading that. By what I know medicially that as soon as your hand is in plaster you are still completley mobile, so why would a broken hand hold Rainer back?? If that was his excuse it's a bit odd if you ask me.