PDA

View Full Version : HBO'S New Show 'Carnivale'

Rocketta
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM
HBO Alters Its Pitch for 'Carnivale'
Mon Aug 18,10:25 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Andrew Wallenstein

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Back in the Depression era, a carnival drew a crowd when a barker bellowed into a megaphone, "Hurry! Hurry! Step right up!"

HBO will resort to more sophisticated marketing tactics for "Carnivale," its new primetime series beginning Sept. 14 about a traveling troupe of circus performers. A supernatural-infused costume drama set in the 1930s, "Carnivale" is a far cry from the raw slices of contemporary realism offered by "Sex and the City (news - Y! TV)" and "The Wire." That is why the cable network plans to tweak its traditional strategies to bring viewers into the "Carnivale" tent.

"Our marketing plan for 'Carnivale' is distinctive from any other of our series" marketing plans," HBO VP advertising Courteney Monroe said. "The reason is that it's a very different type of show."

But "Carnivale" also is a very important show for HBO. With the end in sight for such veteran series as "Sex" and "The Sopranos (news - Y! TV)," the network is out to prove it can grab the brass ring once again with a new generation of hits that delight viewers and critics. HBO won't reveal how much is being spent to promote the show, but Monroe confirmed that it will be in the same range as the network's other primetime series launches.

"Carnivale," however, is different than its predecessors. For all of the innovative twists such HBO series as "Sopranos" and "Six Feet Under" provide -- including a Mafia boss seeking psychotherapy or a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the funeral business -- they still can be sold as family dramas. Not as easy to categorize is "Carnivale," which weaves a multi-layered tapestry of stories that threads together science fiction, history and religion.

The series also is propelled by two seemingly disparate story lines that never intertwine throughout the first season, a narrative structure that could puzzle viewers, acknowledged Ronald Moore, one of the series" executive producers.

"This is not a traditional TV series by any stretch of the imagination," he said. "We're telling a complicated story in a very elliptical, unusual fashion. We're setting the bar pretty high for the audience."

Since explaining "Carnivale" is a daunting task, HBO will try to get as many viewers as possible to see sneak peeks of the program. A CD-ROM with a 2-1/2-minute trailer for "Carnivale" will be inserted into the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly for about 500,000 subscribers in major markets. The network hopes the magazine's core readership of young pop-culture junkies will be hooked by the series' visually arresting scenes, which mixes the vivid pageantry of carnival life with the stark landscapes of the Dust Bowl.

"What we wanted to do is create as many program sampling opportunities as possible to let the program speak for itself," Monroe said.

Original programming on cable has benefited from CD-ROM inserts before; FX tried a similar tactic to launch the second season of "The Shield" in December.

"It was a little pricey, but you get terrific value," said Chris Carlisle, executive VP marketing and promotion at FX. "HBO has always aimed at the cool-hunter crowd, and there's a lot to be said for that approach."

While TV spots touting a new HBO series are usually contained to the week before the premiere, the network quadrupled its off-channel buy for "Carnivale."

"All that narrative is difficult to explain in print," Monroe said. "For many of our series, we usually have a little more print and outdoor elements."

With the broadcast networks barring entry of commercials for HBO for competitive reasons, "Carnivale" spots will run in national syndication, cable and local avails on broadcast stations in New York and Los Angeles. The first of the four weeks of commercials planned kicked off during the first week of August with 30-second clips that teased "Carnivale." Another batch of promos that explain what "Carnivale" is about will hit the airwaves in the two weeks leading up to the premiere, followed by another week of spots after the premiere that will excerpt from the rave reviews HBO expects to get from critics.

"Carnivale" marketing also will have a significant online component, with tune-in banners and full-screen "takeover" ads planned for select Web sites that will lead to a personalized, interactive tarot-card reading experience similar to what is depicted in the series. "We will keep that going for almost the entire duration of the series, which we don't normally do," Monroe said. "Usually, we launch it for one or two weeks."

The print art for "Carnivale" will be driven by an image of the 17-member cast surrounding a carnival truck, with a tagline that portends the good versus evil clash at the heart of the series: "Into each generation is born a creature of light and a creature of darkness."

HBO is hoping "Carnivale" will get a boost when it bows directly after the series finale of "Sex and the City" next month at 9:30 p.m.; though network marketing mavens expect the series to appeal more to the "Six Feet Under" fan base, they also think it will skew female and soak up "Sex's" massive audience. The following week, "Carnivale" will move to its regular 9 p.m. slot, followed by another new HBO series at 10 p.m., the politically themed series "K Street."

Like "Carnivale," "K Street" is a complex program difficult to reduce to a tagline. Produced by Steven Soderbergh (news) and George Clooney (news), the series mixes improvisational actors with real-life political figures to riff on stories inspired by recent headlines. HBO will spend less marketing dollars on "K Street" than "Carnivale," concentrating its media buys to mostly political-flavored programming and magazines.

"Carnivale" could also be a tough sell because of its historical context, which HBO doesn't shy away from emphasizing in promotional images.

"Period pieces can be a nightmare," warned FX's Carlisle. "You narrow your audience if you emphasize that it's a long time ago. You need to make it relevant."

Moore isn't daunted by the marketing challenges for his series. "The HBO viewer has come to expect something different and demanding," he said. "We'll meet those expectations."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Rocketta
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:39 PM
I'm sooooo excited about this show! It looks really promising! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

AjdeNate!
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:39 PM
The previews are very intriguing. I'll give it a go, for sure.

Cariaoke
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:40 PM
ooh... I get EW... hopefully the disc is in my mag! :D

decemberlove
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:50 PM
im so excited yet upset at the same time.

im going to be going through the wire withdrawal. :(

k street sounds interesting...

what would i do without hbo??

Rocketta
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:05 PM
im so excited yet upset at the same time.

im going to be going through the wire withdrawal. :(

k street sounds interesting...

what would i do without hbo??

I know how boring would TV be today without HBO???

I hear ya on The Wire withdrawal but its getting good! Awww they gonna kill old Frank Sabotka. :sad: :sad:

Man that nephew got his whole family killed didn't he? :p

Rocketta
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:46 AM
So did everybody watch it?

What did you think?

I really liked it. It was tre spooky and next week already looks exciting...:bounce:

GBFH
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:51 AM
not bad...I like the main character :drool:

Rocketta
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:58 AM
not bad...I like the main character :drool:

Yes, I feel it was a very strong start. I knew it wasn't going to be gang busters from the beginning that they were going to build a story but still it was pretty interesting. I think the preview for next week was kinding of exciting looking.

GBFH
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Yes, I feel it was a very strong start. I knew it wasn't going to be gang busters from the beginning that they were going to build a story but still it was pretty interesting. I think the preview for next week was kinding of exciting looking.

exactly :)
the tone of the series really got to me....so dark, so dreary....can't wait til next week!!!!!!

Rocketta
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:07 AM
exactly :)
the tone of the series really got to me....so dark, so dreary....can't wait til next week!!!!!!

yes I agree. I felt myself feeling kind of spooked during the hour..especially when the preacher was on the screen. :eek: :eek: :eek:

GBFH
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:11 AM
yes I agree. I felt myself feeling kind of spooked during the hour..especially when the preacher was on the screen. :eek: :eek: :eek:

ugh, the preacher...his sister creeped me out :eek:
and man, if those hicks had tried to rape me, I'd do more than just hit them upside the head with a brick ;)

Rocketta
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:35 AM
ugh, the preacher...his sister creeped me out :eek:
and man, if those hicks had tried to rape me, I'd do more than just hit them upside the head with a brick ;)

hahaha, yeah the sister definitely registered a high number of the creep-O-Meter! LOL It was also creepy how the little girl ran home after Ben touched her legs and the field was dying as she passed by. I mean does that mean the family will have to "pay" for her healing with starving?

GBFH
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:46 AM
hahaha, yeah the sister definitely registered a high number of the creep-O-Meter! LOL It was also creepy how the little girl ran home after Ben touched her legs and the field was dying as she passed by. I mean does that mean the family will have to "pay" for her healing with starving?

hmm...that may be. sucks though, doesn't it?
and ben's mom drowning the cat :sad: that's so mean....even pretend animal cruelty makes me sad.

Rocketta
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:56 AM
hmm...that may be. sucks though, doesn't it?
and ben's mom drowning the cat :sad: that's so mean....even pretend animal cruelty makes me sad.

Oh I know the cat thing was so sad. :sad: It freaked me out that she would snatch the cat out of his hands and then drown it. Yikes!! I guess that is why he didn't bring that baby back. I was scared he was there for a minute.

It was also sad when she wouldn't let him touch her when she was dying acting like he was the devil...:sad:

GBFH
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Oh I know the cat thing was so sad. :sad: It freaked me out that she would snatch the cat out of his hands and then drown it. Yikes!! I guess that is why he didn't bring that baby back. I was scared he was there for a minute.

It was also sad when she wouldn't let him touch her when she was dying acting like he was the devil...:sad:

Not just that...but seeing a woman unable to accept the death of her baby. Really makes you wonder how bad life was in the Dust Bowl :sad:

*shakes head* don't know how I'd react if my kid could heal people/bring them back from the dead...but when you think about what happened to the little girl he healed...something even worse probably would have occurred if he'd cured his mom. At first, I thought this was gonna be a ripoff of The Green Mile, but the aftereffects are very intriguing ;)

Rocketta
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Not just that...but seeing a woman unable to accept the death of her baby. Really makes you wonder how bad life was in the Dust Bowl :sad:

*shakes head* don't know how I'd react if my kid could heal people/bring them back from the dead...but when you think about what happened to the little girl he healed...something even worse probably would have occurred if he'd cured his mom. At first, I thought this was gonna be a ripoff of The Green Mile, but the aftereffects are very intriguing ;)

Yes the woman was grieving so over her baby I thought it influence him and he wouldn't think clearly and do something that have him hanging from a tree.

Oh and I think we are going to see flash backs to some abuse by his mother against Ben...:sad:

Yes we just have to wait and see what all's going to happen. I'm excited. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hot 92 Jamz
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Here's a review from The Village Voice:

Carnivale is one of the most anticipated dramas of the season. In the abstract, it sounds great: a moody series about a traveling circus set during the Great Depression, complete with freaks, fortune-tellers, and hellfire, brought to you by the new home of quality drama, HBO. Sort of Geek Love meets Grapes of Wrath. It looks good, too, suggesting visual references like Dorothea Lange's photographs of migrant workers, Terence Malick's painterly film Days of Heaven, and a big heap of David Lynch's Twin Peaks. You've got to love a show that follows in Lynch's perverse footsteps, and blatantly broadcasts the fact by casting Michael J. Anderson (who played Twin Peaks' backward-talking dwarf) as the carnival manager, Samson. Unfortunately, judging from the first few episodes, Carnivale resembles late-era Peaks, when the show's brilliance disintegrated into impenetrable absurdity. It's a lot of freaks and carnies signifying nothing.

The plot pivots around two very different characters who share the same brutal dreams and visions: Ben Hawkins (Nick Stahl), an impoverished young hick who has secret talents, and Brother Justin Crowe (Clancy Brown), a Methodist preacher called upon to minister to Dust Bowl migrants in California. In the first few episodes, the camera spends more time on Ben, who joins the carnival crew after his mother's death. Although the other veteran carnies give Ben a hard time, Samson gets word from the big boss that they've been expecting this mysterious lad, who looks like he'd be right at home in a 21st-century boy band. Not surprisingly, the circus women—strippers, fortune-tellers, even the bearded lady—all pine for Ben, who barely notices them, fixated as he is on unraveling the enigmas that rattle round his head.

The ensemble cast conjures some entertaining moments; I especially like the arguments between the fortune-teller and her comatose mom, who vents her maternal spleen by telepathically hurling dishes at the trailer wall. And a few of the clichéd images nevertheless resonate: the Siamese-twingirls playing cat's cradle, the brimstone preacher flagellating himself with a whip as his sister sits in the parlor below him, primly sipping homemade lemonade. Maybe this will be the kind of show that ambles unsteadily for a while before finding its groove; maybe its mysteries will pick up speed and turn Carnivale into a whirlwind; maybe it will find a less hackneyed, goggle-eyed way to deal with sin and redemption. If not, I may just look into self-flagellation myself.

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:38 AM
i was pleased :)

glad to see they got a new show going on.

when is curb your enthuiasm coming back on? it should be soon i believe

and i like k street :)

i thought the summer finale of satc sucked.

miranda and steve :rolleyes:

GBFH
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:49 AM
i was pleased :)

glad to see they got a new show going on.

when is curb your enthuiasm coming back on? it should be soon i believe

and i like k street :)

i thought the summer finale of satc sucked.

miranda and steve :rolleyes:

i know!

what the hell does steve have that robert didn't? he was GORGEOUS :hearts:

decemberlove
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:08 AM
yes he was sooo yummy
and sweet
and a doctor

and carrie and alek just didnt click to me. i dunno, they just didnt have onscreen chemistry. perhaps it was posed to be like that, i dunno.

and the whole charlotte thing, i mean seeing elizabeth taylor and then getting inspiration to dress like her to a childs first birthday? psht

too much drama and not enough comedy in this episode. im kinda glad its ending cos theyve been trying too hard with the sex and it shows

but im so excited for this weeks carnivale and k street.

Rocketta
Sep 18th, 2003, 05:01 AM
I have to agree the opener was very promising. I think HBO's history is clouding these reviewers heads, ie they expect too much. :rolleyes:

I agree about Steve and Miranda....:rolleyes: I don't mind them getting back together because frankly Robert was way too good looking for Miranda but they could've made it harder or funny how they get back together.

I wish they would spend more time with Samantha and Smith he's yummy too! :drool:

Don't like the Russian guy. He's too old and condescending...."You're a comic!" my butt...:mad:

Rocketta
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:02 AM
So what did we think of the new episode?

I luved it of course. That Bro. Justin is one crazy f^ck. I think he was spying on his sister in the bathroom. YUCK!! It was kind of shocking when he was showing Templeton his behavior at Mr. Chin's I was surprised who was waiting for him on the bed. I couldn't tell if that scene was what Mr. Templeton had already done or what he was going to do?

Also that new information we learn about Ben Hawkins' mother is interesting. I'm not sure if I know what it means yet? We also find out who his possible father is and they imply he wasn't a good man. I think. I need to watch this show again.

decemberlove
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:23 AM
thanks rockie
im gonna hafta catch it tomorrow

decemberlove
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:25 PM
So what did we think of the new episode?

I luved it of course. That Bro. Justin is one crazy f^ck. I think he was spying on his sister in the bathroom. YUCK!! It was kind of shocking when he was showing Templeton his behavior at Mr. Chin's I was surprised who was waiting for him on the bed. I couldn't tell if that scene was what Mr. Templeton had already done or what he was going to do?

Also that new information we learn about Ben Hawkins' mother is interesting. I'm not sure if I know what it means yet? We also find out who his possible father is and they imply he wasn't a good man. I think. I need to watch this show again.

yeah. it was pretty nasty. i was expecting a lil asian girl not a lil boy. eww. leave it up to hbo to hit you up with the unexpected.

yeah, whats up with whipping himself with the cat-o-nine tails? weird. is he evil or something? i dont get how all the lgihts dim and he sees weird shit all the time. doesnt seem too godlike to me.

and im confused, why did the fortune tellers mom want ben there? and why couldnt the fortune teller read the persons cards? was her mom disrupting her or something or does her mom help her out? i was confused. hafta watch it again too.

Rocketta
Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:53 PM
yeah. it was pretty nasty. i was expecting a lil asian girl not a lil boy. eww. leave it up to hbo to hit you up with the unexpected.

yeah, whats up with whipping himself with the cat-o-nine tails? weird. is he evil or something? i dont get how all the lgihts dim and he sees weird shit all the time. doesnt seem too godlike to me.

Bro. Justin is evil but I'm scared to invest in him as the evil person cause I don't want them to fllip the script on me and make it Ben Hawkins. :smash:

and im confused, why did the fortune tellers mom want ben there? and why couldnt the fortune teller read the persons cards? was her mom disrupting her or something or does her mom help her out? i was confused. hafta watch it again too.

Her mom actually does the readings and telepathically tells her daughter what she sees, i think. I'm not sure what the mother wanted with Ben but it was important enough to come out of a coma over...:lol: I think maybe Ben can heal the mother and she can sense that maybe? or maybe it has something to do with his father that Cutter guy.

DunkMachine
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Man this show is the best thing since Startrek TOS. I am so hooked.

Rocketta I don't think The Preacher aka Justin is really the badguy. Allthough his methods are agressive and he's a bit of a megalomaniac, he IS the man of faith. He has done more good things in the world than Hawkins.

Hawkins healed a couple of people and kills off an entire crop of wheat and a pond of fish. Also he's being used by people with an agenda. (Samson, Blind dude and Management).

Rocketta
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Man this show is the best thing since Startrek TOS. I am so hooked.

Rocketta I don't think The Preacher aka Justin is really the badguy. Allthough his methods are agressive and he's a bit of a megalomaniac, he IS the man of faith. He has done more good things in the world than Hawkins.

Hawkins healed a couple of people and kills off an entire crop of wheat and a pond of fish. Also he's being used by people with an agenda. (Samson, Blind dude and Management).

Man I can honestly say I don't know what the hell is happening on Carnival. I watch it religiously but I haven't a clue.

The blind is so creepy. :mad:

However, I have to disagree about Bro. Justin. Remember he said he feels he's the "left hand" of God. Here to dish out God's punishments. He also I believe was the little boy who broke the guy's neck. That's why he called his sister and said you knew about me the whole time. His sister is a little evil too if you ask me.

Ben is inately good though. You see this by his actions outside of his powers. Like paying the gas station guy to fix the other man's tire.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:40 PM
I thought I was the only one, Rocky. I also heard that they will be no major resolution in the first season and that both stories will continue in parallel.

Rocketta
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I thought I was the only one, Rocky. I also heard that they will be no major resolution in the first season and that both stories will continue in parallel.

Oh NO!!!! :mad:

I was getting that feeling that nothing major was going to happen in season one. I mean there are only 4 more shows left and we still have a long way to go to understand this mess.

How are you, btw? How is school going? I hope very well.

decemberlove
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:16 PM
i missed the previous two episodes before this past one. im fucking LOST.

tried to watch last night... what the fuck happened with bro justin?

Rocketta
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:22 PM
after the children were killed in the fire Bro. Justin went on the road. He stopped at a camp fire and told his story and one of the guys was a radio host who went out and listened for a good depression story and told it on his radio show.

So he told Bro. Justin's story and now they are all looking for him cause they want to rebuild his ministry. Well Bro. Justin slipped further into depression and was about to jump off a bridge when he had a memory of when he was a child. Come to find out him and his sister were the only survivors of a train wreck and some other crazy stuff and were hiding in the woods. A man was hurt and the sister wouldn't help him because she feared someone was trying to kill them. Well the man grabbed her and to protect his sister Bro. Justin snapped the man's neck with his mind. When he realized he was the kid and not the man hurt, Bro Justin decided not to "jump" and kill himself. That is how he ended up in the crazy house because the police were there trying to talk him down. He then called his sister and said, "You knew about me all along" or something like that and then hung up.

CC
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:08 AM
I know how boring would TV be today without HBO???

ccccccough cccccough

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:56 AM
ccccccough cccccough

Please tell me you are not trying to live life HBOless?

You're not living if you don't have HBO.....;)

:lol:

CC
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:32 AM
I'm too cheap, but I may have to ccccough up the ddddough.:)

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:42 AM
I'm too cheap, but I may have to ccccough up the ddddough.:)

Yeah u should! :)

I would wait until Six Feet Under comes back on though. Unless you like the Sopranos and Sex and the City then I would suggest January. ;)

but save your money on Showtime, imho..... :o

CC
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I was a little torn.

DunkMachine
Nov 28th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Man I can honestly say I don't know what the hell is happening on Carnival. I watch it religiously but I haven't a clue.

The blind is so creepy. :mad:

However, I have to disagree about Bro. Justin. Remember he said he feels he's the "left hand" of God. Here to dish out God's punishments. He also I believe was the little boy who broke the guy's neck. That's why he called his sister and said you knew about me the whole time. His sister is a little evil too if you ask me.

Ben is inately good though. You see this by his actions outside of his powers. Like paying the gas station guy to fix the other man's tire.

I think we can safely say that Justin IS evil. WTF is up with him. First french kissing his sister than trowing her on the sofa. Does this mean they fuckin?!

Wow nudity, sex, lesbian action and incest. This show is great!!!!!!!!

Rocketta
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:22 PM
I think we can safely say that Justin IS evil. WTF is up with him. First french kissing his sister than trowing her on the sofa. Does this mean they fuckin?!

Wow nudity, sex, lesbian action and incest. This show is great!!!!!!!!

Haha, I definitely think Justin's sister is evil. :devil:

So many loose ends so little time to wrap everything up....:sad:

I'll have to wait and see. :hehehe:

CC
Nov 28th, 2003, 11:10 PM
CC- people don't do 'hook-up's no more- maybe they cracked down on them- most everybody I knew back in the day had a cable 'hook-up' in the hood :D

i'm so late to this thread but I started to watch the first night and I just couldn't get into it- also it's not a good idea to try to watch TV and fool around at the same time :o So, i just never tried again- i like weird but it seemed a bit too left field for me but that was the case with Six Feet Under and OZ and atcually even Sex In the City- I didnt' like at the beginning, only got into them in 2nd seasons- for some reason, i am so adverse to hype, that anythign hype, i automatically can't be bothered with..I must talk to my shrink about that ;)

And what are you guys talking about- Mikhail Barishnikov (sp?) is sexy..at least to me, but I also have something for old men, especially with gray hair :o

And yes, Blair Underwoood was looking finer than ever- he's like fine wine- better with age.

well, have fun trying to figuer out that show...Love, i also haven't even given K Street a chance- maybe next season. I am actually not watching much TV of late at all- not even the train wreck reality shows...

I meant to get it in an honest way, dearie. :angel: I don't know many people who do that. Although I have seen some stolen boxes here and there.

When I was younger, people used to steal electricity though.

CC
Nov 28th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Yup, in JA. It just so happens that in third world countries the government is sometimes a little slow in servicing the country. So people service themselves.

Others just do it because they can and they know how to.

Rocketta
Nov 28th, 2003, 11:57 PM
hmm, cable theft might've declined cause the police has cracked down greatly on that. Also, the fines and jail time just isn't worth it. ;)

Rocketta
Nov 28th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Ohh and now Satellite services are the thing to steal. :p

decemberlove
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:01 AM
um wow

so i guess sophie and jonesy are dead now?

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:03 AM
um wow

so i guess sophie and jonesy are dead now?

Heck if I know! :shrug:

Why did the mamma kill her? What did she say to Laudz or however he spells his name?

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:04 AM
What brought the woman back? Ben killing Laudz or the people dying in the fire?

Too many DAMN questions!!! :fiery:

decemberlove
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:10 AM
Heck if I know! :shrug:

Why did the mamma kill her? What did she say to Laudz or however he spells his name?

perhaps sophie was evil :confused:

cos he said something along the lines of "it couldnt be HER"

...and thats why she had to kill her.

i think what brought ruthie back was ben killing the blind man. what did that thing behind the curtain say to ben after he killed lauds, something about our ___ that being that different afterall? or something like that.

and what did the momma whisper that made sophia gasp? i couldnt hear. ugh. i should start watching with cc on!

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:27 AM
perhaps sophie was evil :confused:

cos he said something along the lines of "it couldnt be HER"

...and thats why she had to kill her.

i think what brought ruthie back was ben killing the blind man. what did that thing behind the curtain say to ben after he killed lauds, something about our ___ that being that different afterall? or something like that.

and what did the momma whisper that made sophia gasp? i couldnt hear. ugh. i should start watching with cc on!

Haha, I haven't a clue as to what the mamma said. It was just one word. I'll have to watch again. I wasn't sure what Management said to Ben either. I heard the end about them being the same afterall but not the beginning. Why did management give the blind guy back his site? So he could see Ben killing him?

Too many DAMN questions? :fiery:

DunkMachine
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:31 PM
I have the episode on avi and I too had to replay those scene a couple of times.

Mamma whispered: "SO-PHIE" and then gave her the old kung-fu grip.

Management said: "It appears that we are of ilk nature afterall".

Ben got played.

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:50 PM
Ben got played.

Well that's succint! :p

Thanks for the translation. How in the world is that episode up on the net already? :confused:

DunkMachine
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:09 PM
I'm connected baby ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:23 PM
I tried watching carni but I just couldn't get into it. the intro was great but after that I was like wtf is this?

six feet under is much more appealing than all that psycho sci fi mystical mumbo jumbo.

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:34 PM
I'm connected baby ;)

Gone on with ya bad self! ;)

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:34 PM
I tried watching carni but I just couldn't get into it. the intro was great but after that I was like wtf is this?

six feet under is much more appealing than all that psycho sci fi mystical mumbo jumbo.

I like both but I like 6FU more. :)

decemberlove
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:18 AM
thanks dunky for helping us out.

poor benny boy.

i used to like 6fu a lot... but i wasnt really feeling the last season. it fell off a lot, imo. ever since the first epi... i was NOT happy with nate marrying lisa. and then lisa mysteriously disappeared and they found her body in the woods or whatever. too tv drama-ish for me.

curb your enthusiasm is my favorite show :)

Rocketta
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:35 AM
thanks dunky for helping us out.

poor benny boy.

i used to like 6fu a lot... but i wasnt really feeling the last season. it fell off a lot, imo. ever since the first epi... i was NOT happy with nate marrying lisa. and then lisa mysteriously disappeared and they found her body in the woods or whatever. too tv drama-ish for me.

curb your enthusiasm is my favorite show :)

yes 6fu had a slow year last year but I liked it. It was all about Nate's de-evolution. Lisa was sooooooo annoying. Nate got exactly what he deserved. :lol:

I love CYE, Larry David is a fool! :p

decemberlove
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:46 AM
i always liked nate and brenda together. they seemed to be fucked up enough for each other. deserved each other.

are you my caucasian? :lol:

Rocketta
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:55 AM
I'm your caucasion Krazy Eyes! :retard: