PDA

View Full Version : V2003 festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris_Martin's_woman
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Did anyone go??? I heard Coldplay was so good!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce: Wah!!!!!!!

shirley
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Didn't go but I've heard mixed reviews about Coldplay's set. The Sun newspaper says they were great but a 6 songs into the set a lot of the crowd left to go and see Feeder headline the NME stage but other reviews I read say that they were a bit 'flat' and treated it like any, other gig.

Colin B
Aug 20th, 2003, 11:18 AM
I saw them at Glastonbury last year, headlining Saturday night. They were very good musically but I felt they lacked the big sound required for a large outdoor stage of 50,000 plus.
Chris was very self-deprecating, saying they were 'not worthy' (Moby was the same this year) and that their whole lives had been working towards the honour of headlining Glastonbury etc, which endeared them to the crowd somewhat.
Yeah, they were good but next time I would chose to see them in a more intimate venue.

Scorch
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:07 PM
I was at Chelmsford the whole weekend and had a fantastic time. It was my first festival so I am not experienced in these things but Coldplay were wicked!

I did not see anyone leaving at any time during there set. Although it was unfortunate that feeder were on at the same time.

I will never forget the feeling of the whole crowd singing along to 'in my place' 'clocks' and 'yellow' it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

The Chillies were unbelievable too as were Ash, Skin, Morcheeba, Moloko.........arghhh too many to mention. :D

Colin B
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:27 PM
The Chillies were unbelievable too as were Ash, Skin, Morcheeba, Moloko.........arghhh too many to mention. :D

Scorch, what was Skin like ? I havn't seen her since Skunk Anansie. Is she doing similar stuff?
Please tell me she hasn't gone all R'n'B or Jazz!!!

Scorch
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Scorch, what was Skin like ? I havn't seen her since Skunk Anansie. Is she doing similar stuff?
Please tell me she hasn't gone all R'n'B or Jazz!!!

She started with a few of J Lo's numbers and moved onto cover some Mysteeq tracks........................................NOT

Her stuff is pretty similar, she still has the most incredible voice and she really got the crowd going considering how early in the day it was, she even crowd surfed which went down a storm (not to mention how brave she was considering there was about 30000 people there at the time!!) she did some old Skunk songs and some of her new albumn. A couple of my mates are buying her albumn on the back of what they heard.

:)

Beat
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:48 PM
but a 6 songs into the set a lot of the crowd left to go and see Feeder

isn't that wishful thinking from you, shirley? ;)

andylover_16
Aug 20th, 2003, 05:18 PM
im sure they were great...i wish i could have gone.....it would've been crazy and fun im sure....yes i agree its better to see them at a more smaller venue.....the one i went to at clevland was about 8,000 people and me and my sister were so close we could smell chris and the guys.....it was great......although it would be nice to go to a festival with many other talented bands as well....:yeah:

shirley
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:23 PM
isn't that wishful thinking from you, shirley? ;)

:p That's what the papers said. Not me :D

Mazza
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:35 PM
A couple of my friends went but wern't really intrested in Coldplay! :sad: Dammit! But they said the Foo's were pretty dissapointing.

Anyone going to Reading?

Chris_Martin's_woman
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:04 AM
im sure they were great...i wish i could have gone.....it would've been crazy and fun im sure....yes i agree its better to see them at a more smaller venue.....the one i went to at clevland was about 8,000 people and me and my sister were so close we could smell chris and the guys.....it was great......although it would be nice to go to a festival with many other talented bands as well....:yeah:

hey sis, it was about 6,000 people! Anywayz, Coldplay is great anywhere they play, even if its in a jail!:p