PDA

View Full Version : Best match of the tournament so far: T.Pisnik vs. C. Fernandez

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:08 PM
It was really A great match! These girls are so different in style, but they went for it! Tina counterattacked Clarisa's big shots with slices, spins and she did match Clarisa in a power department (when she needed it)... Painting lines was not a rare occasion and most of the points were won by winners or some great shots (forcing an error). Interesting fact: the word is that Tina's luggage was lost and she had to buy a new outfit and racquets and string them to play the qaulies. The match was long, it was hot and she had only one other outfit. So when she changed it, her coach just let her wet t-shirt hang it on the stands to dry in case she needed it again later in the match. Clarisa was unlucky to lose 2 tie-breaks, but I didn't see her being too sad. She knew that she played well, but lost a lottery. Tina has improved so much since last year. I remember posting a message criticising her for using just one shot (slice) to play match. Man has she improved. She now has all the shots in her books and is not afraid of going to the net. The quality in this match was so much better than in any of the Sunday's match... Thanks, girls! :worship: :wavey: Good luck to both at the US Open and to Tina at Pilot Pen.

I was not a fan of any of the girls, but I will definitely route for them from now on.

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:09 PM
btw, both girls are very very cute...

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:10 PM
the only difference in that match (that might have cost a match to Clarisa) is her first serve... it was a very low percentage.

Beat
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:50 PM
thanks. tina = :D

Jorn
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Thanks tenn_ace for the report!

Thanks Tina for makeing it into MD!! :)
Hope she find her luggage!
Good to hear she plays better, hope for revenge today!! ;)

King Aaron
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Thanks. :)

maya
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:06 PM
I, too, hope Tina gets her luggage before US Open :D! The last thing she needs to worry about is if she has enough clean clothes to last through the match ;).

tenn_ace
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:39 PM
I, too, hope Tina gets her luggage before US Open :D! The last thing she needs to worry about is if she has enough clean clothes to last through the match ;).

she got it... it didn't help her yesterday, though... she was playing a good first set, staying patient and working on each point, but in the second set (after she lost her serve) she suddenly started going for too much too early, got upset and it was all downhill after that.

maya
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Thanks, tenn_ace; now I won't worry and will be able to sleep well at night :D

(OK, if the temperatures fall below 30 Celsius).

Daniel
Aug 19th, 2003, 07:27 PM
vamos clarissa :D