PDA

View Full Version : Great News!!! Really!!!!

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:47 AM
I saw Joe Guliano at Pilot Pen and couldn't help but asked him what he was doing there.. who he is coaching now... here is our conversation:

- Hi Joe... Which girl are you with here?
- Elena Bovina...
- :eek: :cool: :clap2: Are you back together?
- How do you know? :confused:
- All the fans know when you started coaching her, when she started winning last year and when she stopped this year. We also know why it happened...
- well, let everybody know that she called me...
- :haha:... o'k good luck...

IMO, it doesn't matter who called first... what matters is that they are together again... Hopefully, Lena has learnt a lesson and will start winning again.

martamagica
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:57 AM
I saw Joe Guliano at Pilot Pen and couldn't help but asked him what he was doing there.. who he is coaching now... here is our conversation:

- Hi Joe... Which girl are you with here?
- Elena Bovina...
- :eek: :cool: :clap2: Are you back together?
- How do you know? :confused:
- All the fans know when you started coaching her, when she started winning last year and when she stopped this year. We also know why it happened...
- well, let everybody know that she called me...
- :haha:... o'k good luck...

IMO, it doesn't matter who called first... what matters is that they are together again... Hopefully, Lena has learnt a lesson and will start winning again.
Lena never wanted to break up with Joe...

There were "differences in opinion" with Lena's family (who is very involved with Lena) when she was out with mono during the clay season.

The thing with Chesnokov was blown out of proportion... there were never plans on him coaching Lena at all.

All the fans know when you started coaching her, when she started winning last year and when she stopped this year. We also know why it happened...

All the "fans" don't agree with that. I, as her biggest fan, know Lena is capable of having a fine career with any other coach.

I agree that a strict disciplinarian like Giuliano was needed to kick start Lena's career, and get her mind straight... but that's not needed anymore.

Personally, I would have liked to see Lena and Joe go their separate ways. Joe is gonna shorten her career, both mentally and physically... in my opinion.

the cat
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:57 AM
The question is why did Elena fire him in the first place? It was probably over money. Atleast this is a step in the right drection for Elena. She see's all the young Russina's out there getting better and she was going backwards. And she doesn't want to get left behind.

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:06 AM
all the fans do not agree whether he is right for her or not... but we can't really dismiss the fact that she was in a huge slump last year and did start winning after she hooked up with him. and she got into huge slump again this year after they split. call it a coincidence, but, I guess, she doesn't think so.

auntie janie
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:37 AM
I for one am thrilled to see this news! Thanks a million, tenn_ace! :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:40 PM
I never thought i'd see the day
good move Lena :)

glad she saw sense :)
it may not be too late to save this yr.

Dava
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Great move Lena, sometimes its not great to be stuborn.

fresh2flash
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:07 PM
She was in a terrible form this year. Misha Youzhny during her match against Golovin at RG said: "What the poor game of her. She is regressing". Now I hope something will change. Thanks for the news tenn_ace. :)

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:49 PM
She was in a terrible form this year. Misha Youzhny during her match against Golovin at RG said: "What the poor game of her. She is regressing". Now I hope something will change. Thanks for the news tenn_ace. :)

Misha Youzhny is right, but he hasn't done much better than Lena this year