PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy and Bovina to team up at the Open

stubbsy71
Aug 17th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Wishing them both lots of luck :)

stubbsy71
Aug 17th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Here are some questions Rennae took time to answer. To read more please visit the web site

What's your favourite article of clothing? My favourite article of clothing would have to be my
guess jeans! I love em.....also I am obsessed with all the body by gap stuff, sweatpants especially

Where's your favourite place to be? There are so many places I love to be, but city wise
Sydney, it makes me feel grounded and centred, especially being around my family and nothing
substitutes the beaches I am surrounded by when I am there. On the road I would say New York
is my favourite, I love the city and the excitement. But any place where I am surrounded by my
friends, that's probably the best place to be.

Where's your least favourite place to be? My least favourite place to be is in ANY AIRPORT
IN THE WORLD!!!

What makes you angry? There are many things that make me angry:-) like losing to someone I
shouldn't, or bad drivers, inconsiderate people, people who are always late, the list is long:-).....
but I think the thing I despise the most is 2 faced people!

If you could play any instrument what would it be? If I could play any instrument it would
probably be the piano or the guitar. How cool to be a guitar player in a band.

Your favourite colour? My favourite colour to wear is black and my favourite colour to look at
is red.

Do you believe in the afterlife? I really don't think about if there is an afterlife, I am just
trying to live in the present, that's enough to worry about.

Are you a spender or a saver? Am I a spender or saver? Mmmm, that's a tough one. I think I am
a little of both, I have never been tight with my money, but I am not frivolous. I like to spend on
friends and family and myself sometimes:-), but I know the value of hard work and the
importance of being smart with your money. I think I have saved pretty well, but I am not a
tight ass, my friends and family would attest to that.

What's the mot extravagant thing you have brought? I think the most extravagant thing I have
bought myself would be my present house in Tampa. YEP, that's definitely it.:-)

Do you play the lottery and what would you do if you won? I don't play the lottery, maybe I
should?? but if I did and I won, I would give a lot of it to my family.

What's is the most important lesson you have learnt about money? Its an old cliché, but the fact
is money does not buy happiness. It does however give you a little peace of mind and also the
ability to provide things for friends and family, which is always nice.

The one person from your past you would go back and talk to? There really is no one that I
would go back in my past to talk to, again I think its important to learn from your mistakes or
your life's lessons and use them in the future, not look back on the past and think if only?

How do you want to be remembered by others? I would like to be remembered as someone that
was a generous person, a good person, someone that always tried to make people smile and laugh,
someone who always tried to do there best, on and off the court, but most importantly, an honest
person, what you get is what you see, good or bad, there is no in between. Hence to reason I don't
like 2 faced people!

Song/s you would like played at your funeral? Songs at my funeral, boy, thats a bit morbid isn't
it?? I don't really even want to think about that. How about Drops of Jupiter by Train :-)

One thing which would make you happy right now? The one thing that would make me happy right
now? nothing really, I am very happy with my life, my friends, my health, my families health,
maybe a stable doubles partner:-), but hey, all in good time?! you'll have to wait and see!!

martamagica
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Rennae, just team with Lena...

That big wacko needs to stable doubles' partner too.

Just let her stand by the net, and flail her giraffe body around... and you run around and hit the stuff she misses.

m_pierce fan
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Stubbsy and Maam Pierce would be better team than this..Bovina isn't so good at dubs than Maam!

Kuilli
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Wow!!! Is that Karen?! I can't believe my eyes! ;)

Who let the kangaroos out, Karen? :p And, thanks for the Q&A! :)

Go Rennae & Elena!!! I hope they'll have a great US Open! :D :D

Gallofa
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:25 AM
I can't believe you asked her what music would she like on her funeral!!!!

Good luck to Rennae and to whoever she plays with! :D

stubbsy71
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:48 AM
I'm a nurse I deal with death all the time. It happens to us all. We should be more involved with our funerals. I thought the song question was a good one, it makes you think!

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Lena is back together with her coach and her doubles partner... more good new :D

Kuilli
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Ok, I'm gonna stay out of all that death talk.

Now, you better tell me Karen that Rennae follows basketball and supports the 3 Aussie girls (Lauren, Sandy and Tully) in my Seattle Storm team. ;)

martamagica
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Ok, I'm gonna stay out of all that death talk.

Now, you better tell me Karen that Rennae follows basketball and supports the 3 Aussie girls (Lauren, Sandy and Tully) in my Seattle Storm team. ;)
I doubt anyone watches WNBA. :sad:

Kuilli
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:44 PM
I doubt anyone watches WNBA. :sad:
That's their loss then! ;) WNBA is awesome! :D

stubbsy71
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:47 PM
What's basketball?! Sorry I haven't been around lately but I've been on holiday and I've also had a few personal problems. But I'm back to give Rennae my full support. She seems in a good mood at the moment, perhaps good times are just around the corner again. Watch this space!

martamagica
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Stubbsy, can you tell Rennae to please stay with Lena for this year and next year? These two proved they are a great doubles team... I don't know why they broke up in the first place.

I know Lena's a brat, but she needs a veteran, authority figure.

stubbsy71
Aug 19th, 2003, 12:23 AM
I don't know why Rennae is swapping and changing so much this year. I asked her why she wasn't playing the Open with Mary (since they had just won a tourney together) and Rennae said "Mary already made a commitment, so unfortuntely she couldn't get out of it".

Kuilli
Aug 19th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Now the basketball question is a must know question!!!! Rennae being a true Aussie, she has to support Lauren Jackson, who will be the greatest ever Aussie basketball player. :D Help me out in here Bea!!! We must know!!! ;)

pReUrBrIyN
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Lol...this is their best chance they don't have to face an all-williams team!

Kuilli
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Wow! Thanks for the insight!

Sonja
Aug 21st, 2003, 05:32 PM
I like the Rennae/Elena team. May they do well at the Open! *clink*

sylvain
Aug 21st, 2003, 05:42 PM
It is too bad that Rennae can't play with Mary

stubbsy71
Aug 21st, 2003, 10:11 PM
If they get passed the first round I'll be more than happy :)

ChrisGermany
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:35 AM
Though I believe that Rennae will indeed be successful (and higher seeded) with Elena, I think that as far as the singles is concerned, Elena is under more pressure than Mary.

Mary would have loved to play the doubles just for the fun of it. I think this combi would have been more dangerous in any part of the draw knowing that the Williams aren´t to play.

I wonder what Rennae thinks about limiting the number of LA teams to just 4. I think it´s great that Martina/Sveta lift themselves to that top level and that the only question is "Can Cara and Elena catch them" but I wonder what Rennae thinks that she herself would have made herself available for that field by choosing a permanent partner. Now, her role is to end anyone´s dream for LA by beating them early in the US Open.

stubbsy71
Aug 22nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
I personally think the split between her and Lisa came quite unexpected to Rennae. I think Lisa had already lined up Lindsay and she sort of left Rennae high and dry. Then she was hoping to form a more solid partnership with Corina, but injury hit and again Rennae was left searching for someone to fill the gaps whilst Corina was recovering. Bovina appoarched Rennae at Sydney and asked her to team up at Tokyo. Having exchanged quite a few emails with Rennae I do know she is very happy and is having fun this year. Despite the lack of success you can actually see she's more relaxed and I don't think her results have fully reflected the way she's been playing.

Mikey Baker
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:08 PM
Elena is very happy playing with Rennae, and Rennae is happy, and they won Tokyo and had a decent IW together... all signs that Rennae should permanently play with Ms. Bovina. :)

The only problem may be that Elena has a flourishing singles' career... and unlike other Russians, she will not overplay herself.

auntie janie
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Well I like this team! Go them! :cool: :cool:

Kuilli
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:31 AM
bump ;)

Not a bad draw for Rennae and Elena :D, 1st round against Augustus/Habsudova, 3rd round probably Nadia/Mary. Quarters might get bit tough if they get Vivi & Paola. ;)

Go girls!!! :D :D Time for some good results! :)

Scotso
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:36 PM
I like the Pierce/Stubbs team, hopefully they'll be able to play together next year. But, good luck to Rennae and Elena :)

stubbsy71
Aug 27th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Mmm nice draw, you would hope they can make the second week, but you never know in this game ;)

Ray of Sunshine
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Udachi Bobo & Stubbsy.

1st GS title for Lena.

Kuilli
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:54 PM
Ren & Elena won 6-1 6-2. :D That seemed easy enough. ;)

snoop
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:23 PM
:bounce: Good win :D Keep going girls.

Davai Lena :)

Hey Kuilli :wavey:

stubbsy71
Aug 28th, 2003, 01:35 AM
2nd round of a Grand Slam for Rennae, hey things are looking up!

ozfan44
Aug 28th, 2003, 04:39 AM
good luck girls

Ray of Sunshine
Aug 28th, 2003, 04:48 AM
2nd round of a Grand Slam for Rennae, hey things are looking up!
Rennae AND LENA! :p

Rennae, keep her in line. :)

Jordan.
Aug 28th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Go Lena and Rennae.

LTT
Aug 28th, 2003, 09:58 AM
is mary playing dubs!?

stubbsy71
Aug 28th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Best of luck to Rennae in the mixed doubles today and hooooooooray to Mary on her fine win against Dokic :)

Gallofa
Aug 29th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Rennae and Donald won their mixed dubs match 6-3 6-3 :D

This is already better than her last two slams ;)

Good luck!

purrtykitty19
Aug 29th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Go Lena and Rennae.

Win tomorrow.

Gallofa
Aug 30th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Rennae & Bovina won 7-6 6-1 :D They face Petrova/Pierce next.

She plays later on tonight in the mixed against No.8 seeds Srebotnik/Bryan.

stubbsy71
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:36 PM
That will be a tough match. I hope Rennae can pull it off! I have sent her a good luck message on the behalf of us.

Kuilli
Aug 30th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Nice win!! :D Hope they'll get one in mixed dubs too if/when that rain decides to stop. ;)

Good luck against Nadia & Mary. That should be a good match. :D

Kuilli
Aug 31st, 2003, 02:42 AM
Srebotnik/Bryan beat Rennae and Donald 4-6 6-3 7-6(6). :(

kusinera
Aug 31st, 2003, 04:52 AM
I was at their match today. By the time I got there, it was deep into the 1st set. Rennae was very much the captain of that ship, but elena was the cheerleader. It's a good combination -- Rennae was such an authority, and Elena was a good follower, an executioner. They both played well, especially in the 2nd set, where they steamrolled the opponent. The court was packed, and the people next to me were definitely taking pointers from the way Rennae was playing.

One cute moment:

When Rennae was serving for the match, Elena (who is obviously a few inches taller than Rennae), fired Rennae up while standing at the baseline. She then tugged on Rennae's cap, and gave it a slight tap and said "C'mon!". People were giggling, as were Rennae and Elena.

I also saw their doubles against Srebotnik/Bryan. A close match, so well played since all four on the court are such great players. Those Bryans attract a crowd wherever they go.

I'll be at the match tomorrow again. Should be a great one.

stubbsy71
Aug 31st, 2003, 06:37 AM
Rennae's US Open could well be over tomorrow, Saint Mary is on fire!

Shame about the mixed, "Crockett and Tubs" spring to mind.

snoop
Aug 31st, 2003, 09:16 PM
Bovina/Stubbs - Pierce/Petrova 6-1 7-6(3) :D :bounce:

QF vs Callens/Tu or Ruano Pascual/Suarez

Kuilli
Aug 31st, 2003, 09:25 PM
Wow!!! They are on fire!! Great win! :D :D

:wavey: @ snoop

stubbsy71
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:53 AM
Great match. I saw every point. Rennae seemed to be serving well, I don't think she was broken. Didn't realise Bovina could be that loud!

Doc
Sep 1st, 2003, 02:37 AM
Oh yes. Lena can be very loud!

Nice to see them win against such a good pairing.

Gallofa
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:38 PM
Bovina is very funny, she 'bounces' around the court for lack of a better word :D they must be a very odd couple together, I would imagine, too bad Rennae wasn't playing with any of her 'cool' partners this summer in Europe, I would had liked to see Mary or Elena playing with her :D

Anyway, they seem to be playing great, so good luck for the next one!

stubbsy71
Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:31 AM
We must be playing tomorrow. I heard from Rennae, she seems in good mood. If they both serve well then it will be a very close match. They feed off each other well.

Kuilli
Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:52 AM
...too bad Rennae wasn't playing with any of her 'cool' partners this summer in Europe, I would had liked to see Mary or Elena playing with her :D
Ha, I got to see her play with Mary! :p :D And you have to wait till next summer now. ;)

At least they were lucky and got their 3rd round match played before the rains started. ;)

stubbsy71
Sep 5th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Giving this a little bump! Today's the day, well if it doesn't rain (worse than Wimbledon this Bea) can we beat the number 2 seeds......... fingers crossed!

stubbsy71
Sep 5th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Oh flip, we've lost the first set. Doomed!

Kuilli
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Vivi & Paola won 6-3 7-6(4). Congrats! :D Go get the title now! :D Too bad for Rennae and Elena! :( Good luck to Ren for the next tourney! :)

stubbsy71
Sep 5th, 2003, 10:28 PM
At least we put up a flight, we actually had set point in the second and didn't take it. Not to be :(