PDA

View Full Version : Foxy Brown Fans in here!

SM
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:23 AM
ITT lets discuss her upcoming album 'the fever' and anything foxy related. :) The album doesnt come out for a while in Aus so im gonna have to wait and it isnt on 'morpheus' to d/l. Anyway any1 have it ?and how does it compare to previous foxy albums?

My fave album is Chyna Doll: i love 'my life' and 'JOB' (feat Mya) the most.

From her first album: i like 'get me home' feat black street most'

It wasnt on her albums but 'I need a man' ft deep pockets has a great beat!

:dance:

Barrie_Dude
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Do you have to be brown to be foxy?

SM
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:35 AM
yum :drool:

SM
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Biography
Born September 6, 1979, Foxy Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, has come far in the rap industry for someone twenty three years of age. As a school girl in Brooklyn, New York, she had no real intentions of becoming a rapper, but still had fun with the idea. That was until she was discovered by LL Cool J, and she was featured rapping on his single "I Shot Ya."

Foxy made guest appearances on several other singles, all of them reaching gold or platinum status. In 1996, her first album, Ill Na Na, was released by Def Jam Records. It went double platinum and remained on Billboard charts in excess of forty weeks. Foxy was sixteen at the time.

In 1997, Foxy, Nas, AZ, and Nature formed The Firm, and released The Firm: The Album. It too achieved platinum sales. Foxy’s long-awaited follow-up album, Chyna Doll, arrived in stores January 26, 1999, and debuted at number one the Billboard charts. By April 4, it was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

In the years that followed, Foxy made guest appearances on several singles, such as Sisqo's "Thong Song" remix, and most notably, CNN's "Bang Bang." During this time, she also pursued her modeling career, landing campaigns with Calvin Klein and Christian Dior, among others.

On July 17, 2001, Foxy Brown released her third solo album, Broken Silence, after a year-long delay. The critically acclaimed album debuted at number five on the Billboard charts, selling more than 130,000 copies in its first week.

Since then, Foxy has established the Ill Na Na Entertainment label, host to her rapper brother Young Gavin and several other up-and-coming artists.

In early 2003, Foxy was nominated for a Grammy award in the Best Female Rap Solo category for her song "Na Na Be Like."

Barrie_Dude
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Irene Cara! Much Better

SM
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:54 AM
who?

Barrie_Dude
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Did "Fame" and "Flashdance"

Barrie_Dude
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Irene Cara

controlfreak
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:25 PM
http://www.reeldeals.com/pictures/foxybrwn.jpg

Dava
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:26 PM
I have the ILL NA NA and BROKEN SILENCE. I think my fave is the ILL NA NA

Rocketta
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Hey SM, do you know if she's gotten past that pesky drug problem of hers? If she has I wish her much success on this new album.

I like her duet with Luther on his new album.

Dava
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Rocketta have you got any of the new tracks? how? Ive only heard I need a man.

Rocketta
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Rocketta have you got any of the new tracks? how? Ive only heard I need a man.

No, I've only heard her song with Luther Vandross. It's on Luther's new album not hers. Sorry haven't heard anything new from Foxy.

Dava
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:33 PM
:sad:

I tried downloading I need a Man, but all I get is this horrible noise which comes on and off through the song :mad:

SJW
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Foxy's biggest fan right here :wavey:

darren cahill
Aug 17th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Was Foxy on a song called "sunshine"? was it jay-z's song? i seem to remember that being the first time i heard of her...i loved that song

i like foxy...shes kinda scary and i like scary

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 17th, 2003, 11:55 PM
wasn't there a rumour about her beign pregnant? oh wait, i just answered my own question... it was a [i]rumour[/size]... :o

SM
Sep 6th, 2003, 01:22 PM
did any1 see the program on the making of 'i need a man'? a friend of mine taped it for me and in it foxy accepted auditions by people to be a part of her song and she chose 'deep pockets' for the song!!! its her first recording i believe and now he's a part of the crew of Ill Nana productions so we'll be seeing more collaborations from him with foxy :)!

i like the guy. he has a very out-going and cheerful character, and he wrote some funny lyrics!

SM
Sep 6th, 2003, 01:33 PM
it was very nice and selfless of foxy to do that. she couldve gotten a big name to do the record twith her and gotten much better sales but she chose to make a person a 'star' as she put :). classy of her!

Becool
Sep 6th, 2003, 03:30 PM
I just heard 'I need a man' and OMG! I love the song :eek:

I'm impressed, cuz usually it takes me a while to like certain songs, only Beyoncé is the exception. I like anything from her, but this Foxy song, is another example, it just got me. I love the beats and anything. I'll be looking for this new album, with no doubt.

SM
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Foxy Brown - Ill Na Na II: The Fever
This will be Foxy Brown's fourth album. Production will come from Trackmasters, Kayne West, Ski, Neptunes, Rockwilder, Mario Winans, Jazze Pha, Dave Kelly, Young Gavin and others. P. Diddy will be the executive producer. The first single will be "I Need a Man" featuring M.
Tracklist (So Far)
Magnetic
The Confession
The Letter Pt. II (w/ Luther Vandross)
Open Book
Dem Streets Fi Luv Me (No?) (w/ Baby Cham)
Memory Lane
Everyday People (w/ Lauryn Hill)
The Boss
Fan Love
I Need A Man (w/ M)
Superfreak

this album was already meant to be released but foxy and p.diddy (exec producer) arent in agreement as to some of the contractual terms :(...so well have to wait. im sure this album will be the shit!

oh and did any1 here know an arrest warrant has been issued for foxy brown in jamaica :o...apparently she punched an aggressive policewoman in the stomach who wanted to search foxy for drugs!

Becool
Sep 7th, 2003, 05:18 PM
OMG Lauryn Hill?????????

I SO FUCKING MISS HER!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

GOOD NEWS 4 ME!!! GOOD TO SEE LAURYN AROUND AGAIN!!! OMG I HOPE SHE LAUNCHES A NEW ALBUM! I'LL BE SURELY LOOKING FOR THIS ALBUM!

harloo
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:36 AM
foxy turned me off when she said she does not like Eve because she Eve told Kurupt that Foxy had a crush on DMX. I also heard that they were together for a cool minute(foxy and dmx).

I bought Chyna Doll, but I feel that Foxy is too damn petty for me to continue to support her. She is always talking about people negitively like her shit don't stink.

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Foxy was spregger by Spragga Bens...:drool: the reggae artist and lost the baby...She was working on her album at the time and told Puffy (who now owns half her name...:rolleyes: ) that she was pregnant and he said..."really, you know you working on a album right?" and that hurt her...the loss to the baby really hurt her relationship with Spragga and that plus other things made her want to leave Def Jam...She went to Lyor Cohen and told him of her desire to leave and he said, "leave, bitch you will die being signed to Def Jam" ...that almost killed the album cause it's been done for some time and just sitting without Def Jam's support...(PS. She was on Wendy Williams so I heard all this from her mouth). She mentioned the situation with Eve...Eve did tell Kurrupt that she was involved with DMX (which Foxy denied). She said she first met Eve before Eve was signed and used to stand outside all the industry parties. Eve aproached her one night outside of Justine's (Puffy's resturant in Chelsea) looking tooowww up from the floor up...:lol: and tried to give her a demo...Anyway, after the DMX situation went down, Foxy saw Eve again after Even was established and tried to aproach her and talk about it like two grown women but Eve ran.

Wendy asked her if she ever had a relationship with Jay-Z and she said, "hell no...he is not attractive to me..." she said she was attracted to Jay-Z's desire to make money...he was a natural husler and she loved that but she was never physically involved with him....:bounce:

BTW, Wendy asked her if she thaught super producer and Eve's ex Stevie Jay is gay and Foxy laughed and said..."hooow you doing"....:haha:

Dava
Sep 8th, 2003, 11:48 PM
GO FOXY!

So is she with Def Jam still?

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 9th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Yes she is but through some weird partnership with Bad Boy...:rolleyes:@ Puffy