PDA

View Full Version : That damned blinking banner is ANNOYING!

TeeRexx
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:57 PM
I don't mind pop up ads, but that damned red blinking banner is more of a turn off than it does to create the impulse for me to enter the advertiser's site. :mad:

Oh well, maybe it just bothers me. :angel:

Bright Red
Jan 31st, 2002, 09:36 PM
You mean it's blinking for you too? Gee I thought I was the only one who'd won something. As if.

Those silly ads are just a waste of money.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 31st, 2002, 09:43 PM
The banner itself doesn't bother me, as I do my best to ignore the garbage.

Its the fact that it now takes me literall 10 times as long to load a page, thanks for the bloody banner, that annoys me.

Though I appreciate it is necessary to have the advertising or it wouldn't be there - it still takes so long I'm likely to just post less and less - which indeed, might not be such a bad thing anyways.

Steveg
Jan 31st, 2002, 10:43 PM
You mean there is a red blinking banner on the WTAworld.com site :confused: ? I don't have it (and won't complain about it ;) ).

Philip
Feb 1st, 2002, 04:07 AM
well i noticed it too, but if u just go into your CP and change the browser to 'Dark' all adds go away :) :p ;)

CanIGetAWhat
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:25 AM
Bright Red, who is that pretty boy in your avatar? :drool:

Bright Red
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:39 AM
Canigetawhat-

I'm not famous yet, but I soon will be.

Bella
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:43 AM
You can turn it off in Internet Explorer by going to Preferences>Web Content and then deselecting Animate GIFs. No more flashing banner. It just sits there and you know you haven't won. I guess you also won't see Turt's funny mouse on speed, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Linton
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:22 PM
Yes they are annoying arent they. I did what bella said and now it doesnt show the smiley faces or some oving avatars. Oh well As u said there are some sacrafices,

TeeRexx
Feb 1st, 2002, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but putting up with CHEATERS is a big price to pay for wtaworld.com :p :p

moby
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:09 PM
yeah i agree its pretty annoying

is there anyway we could put it at the bottom instead?

c2
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:03 PM
:rolleyes:

wow, that is bad. That banner must be rolling out in stages, because when I first saw Tee Rex's post it was not appearing on the site for me. Today for the first time it's there.. ick. Poe is right, it's a small price to pay for this board, but it makes my eyes hurt!

veryborednow
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:07 PM
Where is this?? I only have a 'connections' banner ....

c2
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:14 PM
It's at the top of the board, where the main banners have been animating. There seem to be about three in rotation, and the red flashing one is one of them. As I type this mine is now saying, "Verified by Visa".

veryborednow
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:19 PM
oh right - yeah I've found it. Not quite sure that I wanted to but oh well :)