PDA

View Full Version : 16 hours later, my power is back on!

ttaM
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:46 AM
:)

Yesterday at around 4pm I was on the computer when it shut off. I thought it was just the computer, but I couldn't turn the TV on. So I thought no biggy something probably just hit a wire in the backyard. Well, I hear the computer starting to power up again when a minute later it shuts off. My family is outside on the back porch cooking on the grill when they ask if the power went out. This whole time we are thinking it is only our street. My brothers fiancee calls from P.A. asking if our power is out. I say yes and she tells me all the power is out in NY, DC, and Baltimore. First reaction was it must of been some terrorist attack. So my neighbors come over with a battery powered radio and we hear that a circuit or something overloaded in Niagra and a chain reaction happened. :o So we were without power from 4 pm until about 15 minutes ago. Glad it is back because there was nothing to do! :o

:wavey:

All the food in the Fridge is wasted :(

bee
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:20 PM
According to Fox News.. They still don't know what happened... :) Which is really weird..

We are used to BLACKOUTS.. but never that long..
:) :) :)

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Lots of babies nine months from now...:D

Bacardi
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:04 PM
True TopShotta, but wasn't it a bit hot/humid to be having hot steamy sex in the city? :lol:

matthias
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:10 PM
:)

Glad it is back because there was nothing to do! :o

back to basics - read a book - like they did it 2hundred years ago ;)