PDA

View Full Version : For all those that believe in Prayer....

Rocketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Say a prayer for my friend and co-worker Lisa. She either ran into a truck and fell or the truck hit her (not sure yet) but she received a severe head injury. They removed part of her brain and now she's 50/50.

She has always been very nice and held down her position when times are the worst at work. She is my age from 30-35. Its a sad story to be on your death bed cause you were trying to stay in shape by jogging.

Anyway, just trying to get the most positive thoughts and prayers sent her way right now. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

GBFH
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Oh my goodness, Rocketta :sad:

I hope Lisa makes it :sad:

Sam L
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Oh no, such tragedy. :sad: I hope Lisa makes it and gets better soon.

You know I jog every day too, but I do it in my neighbourhood where there are few cars. I always see people jogging on main roads and I think they should stop, it's really really dangerous.

Rocketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Oh no, such tragedy. :sad: I hope Lisa makes it and gets better soon.

You know I jog every day too, but I do it in my neighbourhood where there are few cars. I always see people jogging on main roads and I think they should stop, it's really really dangerous.

She was in a parking lot of a government complex, I'm sure after hours. It was an employee that the accident involved. Its a very sad, weird tragedy. Although, unfortunately many people fall and die from those injuries. :sad: :sad:

Hopefully, Lisa won't be one of those numbers.

Rocketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Oh my goodness, Rocketta :sad:

I hope Lisa makes it :sad:

me too! It was such a shock to hear that news when I got to work today.

mboyle
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:28 AM
:sad: Goodness so much tradgedy in the world (is that too cliche?:o ) Supposedly 1 in 2 American Men and 1 in 3 American women will get cancer in their lifetime:o . Isn't that scary? (though I think that sounds a bit inflated. I read it in an insurance magazine supporting some kind of special insurance, so I bet they were sensationalizing a bit, but still...)

CC
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:44 AM
That's very sad. I remember Stephen King got hit while jogging too.

Richie77
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:12 AM
That's awful :eek: What a tragedy :sad: I will pray for your friend.

Rothes
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:45 AM
:eek: OMG!!!
:sad:
keep the faith rocky!she'll pull through if we pray hard enough!

Rothes
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:05 AM
This reminds me of Boston Public when the guy was nearly dead from a stab wound, and the two teachers, the old one and the Assistant principal were assisting in praying in Jewish Prair :D

skanky~skanketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:11 AM
OMG!dont remind me of that episode!i cried buckets!thankl god he didnt die!harry senate was too young and kinda cute.

Tratree
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:21 AM
I'll say a prayer for Lisa, Rocketta. That is extremely saddening.

Please let us know how she is doing. :hug:

Kirt12255
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:13 AM
:sad: That is a travesty...I hope she will pull through Rocketta. "May the Lord take her under the wings of 1000 angels for protection".

Venus Forever
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:17 AM
I'll be praying for you. :angel:

Nikki
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:11 PM
My thoughts are with her:sad:

Cariaoke
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
omg, how sad! I'll be praying for her, rocke! :sad: :kiss:

SJW
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:07 PM
my prayers are with her :sad:

spokenword73
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:52 PM
praying for her speedy and full recovery...

funny, I have a friend that was hit by a truck last summer while jogging early in AM. She was at a crosswalk and she and the truck moved at the same time...thank God she survived!

Rocketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks Everyone for you're prayers for Lisa. I knew this place was filled with caring wonderful people who would send nothing but positivity her way. :angel: :angel: :angel:

I will let you know what is going on with her.

Dava
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:11 PM
What do you mean by 50/50?

I sure hope it dont mean what it sounds like

Wishes to Lisa!

Rocketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:25 PM
What do you mean by 50/50?

I sure hope it dont mean what it sounds like

Wishes to Lisa!

50% chance she will make it and 50% chance she won't. :sad:

griffin
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Praying for her - and her friends too, who I'm sure could use a littel comfort about now :)

*JR*
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Not to use your very sad situation to "preach" but things like this are why I sometimes have problems with threads that equate who wins a mere tennis match with actual life and death situations. So let me offer as a prayer for Lisa these classic words from Star Wars: "May The Force Be With You". ;)

Rocketta
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:06 PM
I hate to write this but............

Lisa passed away this Saturday. I had high hopes because during the week her brain swelling went down and she had brain activity on her Cat scan. They decided to close her skull and her brain swelled again and it couldn't handle the new pressure and she was brain dead. They removed her from life support on Saturday.

It really is sad when a nice beautiful 36 year old's life is cut short like that. Somethings are definitely not for our understanding.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks for all your prayers. :angel: :angel: :angel:

GBFH
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:48 PM
:sad:

I'm so sorry, Rocketta.

Vincent
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:44 PM
:sad: another sad story....

doloresc
Aug 25th, 2003, 06:22 PM
:sad: my condolences, rocketta, for your loss as well as lisa's family and friends.

Richie77
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. She'll be in my prayers. :sad:

Just remember that she's in Heaven now, looking down and protecting you :angel:

Cariaoke
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I'm stunned to say the least; it's just not meant for comprehension.

My condolences, rocke. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me. :sad: :sad:

mentos
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Say a prayer for my friend and co-worker Lisa. She either ran into a truck and fell or the truck hit her (not sure yet) but she received a severe head injury. They removed part of her brain and now she's 50/50.

She has always been very nice and held down her position when times are the worst at work. She is my age from 30-35. Its a sad story to be on your death bed cause you were trying to stay in shape by jogging.

Anyway, just trying to get the most positive thoughts and prayers sent her way right now. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
:sad: That's awful news Rocketta. Your friend Lisa is definitely in my prayers. I hope she pulls through.

Rocketta
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Its very sad and I know we are all in shock that it happened the way that it did.

Anyway here is an article of what happened. :sad:

Brunswick jogger hit by county employee
Millard K. Ives, Staff Writer. Star - News. Wilmington, N.C.: Aug 15, 2003. pg. 2.B

A jogger was in critical condition Thursday after being struck by a pickup at the Brunswick County Government Center in Bolivia.

Lisa Thompson, 36, of Bolivia, was airlifted to New Hanover Regional Medical Center after the accident Wednesday evening, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol.

There is a stop sign at the intersection, and Trooper R.E. King said a cause of the accident hasn't been determined. Officials plan to reconstruct the accident next week, he said.

No citation was issued.

Trooper King said Ms. Thompson was jogging around 6:45 p.m. on Government Center Drive, a street that loops around the complex and is popular with joggers and walkers.

Shady Leonard Daniels, 22, a jail detention officer, had just gotten off work and was driving his 1999 Dodge truck near the intersection of Stamp Act and Government Center drives, when he collided with Ms. Thompson.

She walked a few feet before collapsing.

The area is so popular with joggers that Brunswick County officials recently applied for a grant to build a trail outside the loop - where vehicles would be prohibited.

"I'm sure we will review this (the accident) to see if there are any precautions we can take," said Steve Stone, assistant county manager.

There were no witnesses to the accident, Trooper King said. He added there were reports that Ms. Thompson may have been with another person who had slowed down to rest while Ms. Thompson kept going.

Ms. Thompson is an employee of Brunswick Community College.

This is the second time in recent months that a resident was involved in an accident with a Brunswick County Sheriff's Department employee. Delano William Bobbett, 63, was killed in May when his car was struck by a sheriff's patrol vehicle driven by Deputy Gary Dane Woodard.

Mr. Woodard was charged with running a red light.

That accident also was reconstructed.

Rocketta
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:53 PM
:sad: That's awful news Rocketta. Your friend, Lisa, is definitely in my prayers. I hope she pulls through.

Unfortunately, she didn't. I posted what happened in this thread also. :sad:

mentos
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately, she didn't. I posted what happened in this thread also. :sad:
I didn't see the date of your initial post, Rocketta. I'm sorry for your loss.

Miss Thang
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Miss Rocketta I am so sorry bout your friend. :sad:

SJW
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:25 PM
im truly sorry to hear this baby :sad:

Nikki
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:30 PM
My condolences:sad: