PDA

View Full Version : there's a power cut in New York

tinkerbell
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:13 PM
i know this is an off topic but how i wish that had/would happen in London so i could leave work early:)

HantuchovaSweFan
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Life without power sucks, ask the people in Africa.

tinkerbell
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:21 PM
oh y be so serious all i want is a couple of hours off work to see in the park and have a drink is that so bad:)

HantuchovaSweFan
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:22 PM
oh y be so serious all i want is a couple of hours off work to see in the park and have a drink is that so bad:)

A warm drink....uuughghgh ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:24 PM
It's all over the Northern/Eastern US and SE Canada from Detroit to Toledo to Cleveland to Erie to New York/Newark to Eastern Connecticut to Albany to Toronto to Ottowa.

tinkerbell
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:31 PM
A warm drink....uuughghgh ;)

warm drink but it won't be instance will it i'll be able to have a couple of hours sitting in a park with my cooler drinking my cool glass of wine plus i'll won't be iin work - perfect
ur not going to spoil this moment for me:)

tinkerbell
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:34 PM
watch sky news its unbelieveable

HantuchovaSweFan
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:35 PM
warm drink but it won't be instance will it i'll be able to have a couple of hours sitting in a park with my cooler drinking my cool glass of wine plus i'll won't be iin work - perfect
ur not going to spoil this moment for me:)

hehe

HantuchovaSweFan
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:39 PM
I hope the problem is resolved before sun set :(

power power

Malin
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:32 AM
It's always those Canadians!!!!!!!

JK don't get all worked up now!!!

goshka
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Why would you want to leave your work? I am in Long Island, New York, sitting without power, and best place to be right now ... is my work! I work for big software company and we have own generator, so it is cool and nice inside. We just had dinner (they provide free dinner after 7:30!). And it is hot back home : -) I hope everybody is safe!
Cheers,
Eugene

Venus Forever
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Why would you want to leave your work? I am in Long Island, New York, sitting without power, and best place to be right now ... is my work! I work for big software company and we have own generator, so it is cool and nice inside. We just had dinner (they provide free dinner after 7:30!). And it is hot back home : -) I hope everybody is safe!
Cheers,
Eugene

Not everyone has a generator like you do at work.

Many people want to get home and be with their loved ones.

In fact, my aunt is missing as of right now. She works in Manhattan, but lives in Jersey, and with the trains out, she had no way of getting home. She was on her way to my cousins house, also in Manhattan, but there was no word of her getting there as of 1130.

I just hope she found some shelter somewhere and is not on the streets sleeping.

No word from my 75 year old grandmother either. Her phone doesn't work because it's portable, so, I hope she is okay.

:sad: :sad:

Power just came on where I am at 3:50 in the morning, 12 hours later.

WtaTour4Ever
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Cleveland is affected too......I'm in Columbus, fortunately all is well.

Kart
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:32 AM
i know this is an off topic but how i wish that had/would happen in London so i could leave work early:)

Strange you should say that, we had our first power cut for years yesterday ... only lasted a second though so I doubt anyone would have gotten out of work for it.

sweetpinks
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:16 PM
It's always those Canadians!!!!!!!

JK don't get all worked up now!!!

It did not start in Canada, your stupid politicians quickly jumped up and blamed Canada, I watched them later back track, the outage started in NEW YORK!!!!!!!!

the cat
Aug 15th, 2003, 08:21 PM
I was fortunate that my power returned in about 7 fours. But I thought I might be without power for several days becasue of all the people from Canada to New Jersey who lost their elecricity. :eek: And at first I thought it might be a terrorist strike. But that was quickly refuted.

korben
Aug 15th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Cool :cool:

Welcome to 21st century U.S. of A :wavey: (maybe replacing of those 70s power centers helps :lol: ) Too much money invested on weapons, too little for ie. electricity (even smaller font ... nah...pass, too rough) :rolleyes:

Serendy Willick
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:50 PM
I have a grandmother in Detroit which has said that it probably wont have power until the weekend ends! :eek: I hope she will be alright.

Bacardi
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:19 PM
It did not start in Canada, your stupid politicians quickly jumped up and blamed Canada, I watched them later back track, the outage started in NEW YORK!!!!!!!!

PIFFFFFFFFFFFFF :rolleyes:
Did you not see where Malin wrote 'JK' as in 'just kidding' 'joking'? What a cruel post when he Malin was just joking to try and lighten the mood of this all. Learn to read, and what JK means before you post to a webboard... You might make more friends that way. :rolleyes:

Apparently I should add "do not have humor to go with their Molsen beers" to the list of Canadian things. JUST KIDDING :p

jbone_0307
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Life without power sucks, ask the people in Africa.

I understand that some people dont have electricity, but i find this comment as a bit biased and prejudice. Not just of black people, but africans. Not all people are nearly naked and run crazy in africa. On the other hand weve been in ice storms where we had no electricity for 3 day.