PDA

View Full Version : Dokic out!!

barmaid
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:33 PM
See where Dokic lost her first match....seeded #2 at the Tokyo Tourney..maybe her decision to sit out the AO was a mistake..certainly left her rusty.....other surprises...Anna K. beat Dementieva (always a tough customer) Stevenson beat Coetzer....and the Japanese girl beat Maleeva.....maybe Anna and Martina will meet in the finals..the battle of the "Diva's"...?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
barmaid:wavey:

SM
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:41 PM
pathetic really...dokic out with a thumbs up..would u like a big thumbs up whenever one of your faves loses?...
or was that thumbs up cos u were happy for anne winning rather than jelena losing , cos if thats the case i take back what i said...

bad luck jelena...

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:46 PM
the Japanese girl beat Maleeva

:rolleyes:

It was Tamarine Tanasugarn from THAILAND!

Well, Monica Seles will win the semis against Anna :p

jirobkk
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:08 PM
Hey barmaid,
Japanese girl did not beat Maleeva. The girl who beated Maleeva today is Tamarine Tanasugarn from Bangkok, Thailand. :hearts: :hearts:

There are three japanese girls in the main draw, Ai Sugiyama, Saori Obata and Rika Fujiwara. They've been beaten in the first round. :eek: :eek:

For Jelena Dokic, I think she has her own opinion for not having play OZ Open.:D :rolleyes: And I respect her decision.:hearts:

Bright Red
Jan 31st, 2002, 09:25 PM
Enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Look for Dokic to come back whipping some hiney in 2002.

apoet29
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by barmaid
See where Dokic lost her first match....seeded #2 at the Tokyo Tourney..maybe her decision to sit out the AO was a mistake..certainly left her rusty.....other surprises...Anna K. beat Dementieva (always a tough customer) Stevenson beat Coetzer....and the Japanese girl beat Maleeva.....maybe Anna and Martina will meet in the finals..the battle of the "Diva's"...?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

While I respect your opinion, I don't think anyone should gloat when a player loses. Dokic has her own reasons for not playing the Oz and while I think it was a mistake, that is something she will have to deal with.

It was no surprise to me that Anna beat Dementieva. I think she'll beat Kremer, although getting past Seles will be another issue.

I was shocked that Stevenson beat Coetzer, especially after losing the first set! That shows a great deal of improvement on Alex's part. Getting past Seles is another matter though and I think Monica would really have to be off of her game for Alex to win.

There is always a chance of a Martina-Anna final. The only obstacle would be Monica who has been playing very well this year. The final should be very interesting. If Martina/Monica meet in the final, who will win this time? Will that AO loss play in the back of Hingis' head? Will Monica be able to keep up a high level of play for two sets? If Martina/Anna meet in the final, who will win this time? Since Martina and Anna have become partners, Anna has lost to Martina in two tournament finals and the semifinals of the Chase. Will that AO loss play in Hingis mind? Will Anna be able to overcome her nerves to beat her doubles partner for whom she has a great deal of respect?

Oh why isn't this tournament on ESPN?! :mad:

Dado
Feb 1st, 2002, 02:26 AM
I'm sure Jeca had a big break in Belgrade. Maybe the break was a little bit to long.

Rollo
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:10 AM
Well I'm not a fan or 'hater' of Jelena-but I wouldn't make too much of this early defeat unless it's repeated inher next event.

1. It was her first match of the year.
2. As Capriati demonstrated in Sydney, losing early in one event
doesn't always mean disaster in the next.

3. I've been to the Toray Pan Pacific -and the courts there are
remarkably fast, even for indoor courts. This is really hard
if you are returning to the game and facing a vet such as
Kremer.

Jordan.
Feb 1st, 2002, 04:56 AM
Good Luck Anna and Martina!:kiss:

Kart
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:54 AM
It's her first match in ages - it's no big deal.

barmaid
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:19 AM
Sorry I didn't get Tanasugan's nationality right...I'm not familiar with her so just went with the last name thinking she was form Japan...so I stand corrected! As far as including a thumbs up in my post...being a Martina fan it was good news to me and I certainly have the right to express my pleasure with a gesture that I'm sure Martina would welcome being as Dokic was seeded #2. Nothing personally against Dokic...I thought when she played Martina a couple of years ago at Wimbledon she was going to be a gutsy performer and I think she has succeeded in proving she is a player to be reckoned with...had a great 2001! But Martina's my gal...so I'm rooting for her no matter who she's playing....:rolleyes: :p

Linton
Feb 1st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Really I dont care if shes out or not. It makes no difference. She should of played the AO open but i guess betraying yoshie and the AO open crowd and Australia i wouldnt like to go and play.

Williams Rulez
Feb 1st, 2002, 03:52 PM
Go Jelena!! :bounce: :hearts:

FP
Feb 1st, 2002, 04:08 PM
I don't have any fals expectations on Anna's behalf, I'm sorry. She is a good player but she can play brilliantly only at the biginning of tournament but it never lasts long enough to get to a final (very rare) and unfortunately never a trofy :(

I think it's gonna be Hingis vs Seles final I just hope that it will be as interesting as Chase in 2000 final, the best match I've ever seen from them playing each other:)

barmaid
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:24 PM
I think she is still in the doubles though? Anybody know!:confused: