PDA

View Full Version : NEW News On Qualy Draw/Main Draw/Wildcards/Withdrawals :

AjdeNate!
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:32 PM
The lady I just spoke to at Pilot Pen was very very nice and helpful. I didn't know what everybody else wanted to know, but I asked about these things:

Qualifying draw to be completed : Friday THURSDAY night 1800 EDT

Maindraw to be completed: Saturday 1400 EDT

Karolina Sprem *is* in qualy draw and *is* on premise, and has been.

Jennifer Capriati has requested a wildcard, but "someone" (she didn't know who) has pulled out, so JenCap is into maindraw without use of wildcards and also is in New Haven already.

The wildcards they have available to give out have NOT been requested by any player. They had hopes of Venus or Lindsay, but neither have asked for a WC. Monica Seles also declined their invite to take a wildcard. As of right now, there will be no WC in the maindraw.

So, there's some news for you all.

**Corrected fixing my error***

Jordan.
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Thanks.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:15 PM
without use of wildcards and also is in New Haven already.

The wildcards they have available to give out have NOT been requested by any player. They had hopes of Venus or Lindsay, but neither have asked for a WC. Monica Seles also declined their invite to take a wildcard. As of right now, there will be no WC in the maindraw.[/b]

So nobody has requested for a WC? Does that mean my mother could call up and take the WC and play in the Pilot Pen? :confused: ;)

Andrew.
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Lindsay is already in the main draw as the #1 seed.

DannerCal
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Seems odd: #1 Lindsay has been on commitment list for awhile, although it is possible she could have pulled out of event - as someone said she looked hurt in last week's final...

WC: will be issued. They have a list of players they can give them too - but work from the top down. Obviously they want the highest ranked players to enter - so they reserve them just in case.

AjdeNate!
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:51 PM
I'm just reporting what I was told. ;)
I mostly was asking about the quallies, but she told me that other stuff too. I might have some of that wrong as I only wrote down what I directly asked her. But I'm sure she said they have not issued ANY wildcards yet.

Jordan.
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Yay Seles is going to get the qualie draw for us!

AjdeNate!
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:58 PM
I hope so!!! ;)

Jordan.
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:59 PM
I hope Marissa is there.. :sad:

Oh well.

yukon145
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:52 PM
I wonder if Davenport is that "someone" who withdrew.

Andrew.
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Nope. Just called my firend who works there, and she is still in the main draw and scheduled to play. :)

mn73
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:37 AM
I'm sure the person at the event would have known who it was that had withdrawn if it had been Davenport!

Maybe Safina?

Brian Stewart
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Speculation was that Stevenson or Shaughnessy would withdraw.

The wildcard list was supposedly Capriati, Dokic, then either Schnyder (next in line) or Harkleroad. If Jen got straight in, it probably means that both Schnyder and Harkleroad get wildcards. (Good news for Patty, as I think they were leaning toward Ashley.)

Malin
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:38 AM
Is Jen practicing?? how does she look??

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 15th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the news :D

Lindsayfan
Aug 15th, 2003, 08:55 AM
so Lindsay's still in?

bello
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:31 AM
I knew that theyd give one to Ashley! Hope Patty gets one then!! she needs a strong performance!

Brian Stewart
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Daniilidou withdrew with an injury, letting Capriati in. Main draw wild cards went to Dokic, Harkleroad, and Taylor. Remaining qualy wild cards went to Morariu and Liu.

Farina top seed in qualifying.

Instant
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Dokic?

She has played so many tournaments this year, there are others much more deserving of a WC then her :fiery:

mauresmofan
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Linnie & Sonja should request a wild card for the doubles!

Aussie_Kim
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all the news. You guys certainly are good at finding out whats happening!! :D
Can't wait for the qually draw. Does anyone know if Alicia Molik or Nicole Pratt will be quallifying??

Linnie
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Linnie & Sonja should request a wild card for the doubles!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :bolt:

I have to wait to give you rep points :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM
why doesn't someone ring up and tell the assholes that we want the qual draw

someone with a FAX can get that draw pronto.

AjdeNate!
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:51 PM
I'm calling right now - power outage affected them last night (couldn't do the draw).

Lindsayfan
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:20 PM
seles plz can u tell me if Lindsay is still playing this tourney?

azza
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Molik withdraw from the quallies and take a wc in the main draw :yeah: