PDA

View Full Version : My Commentary for Days 1 and 2 of Main Draw

polishprodigy
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:20 AM
I will post all the matches that I saw:

(14)N Petrova (RUS) d M Weingartner (GER) 60 60
Marlene was not playing well and Nadia was controlling the match. I left cuz it was boring.

L Krasnoroutskaya (RUS) d (13)E Daniilidou (GRE) 60 36 75
Only saw some parts of this match, Eleni made a good effort to get back into the match but Lina was able to close it out.

(15)N Dechy (FRA) d T Tanasugarn (THA) 46 63 64
Nathalie was very relieved to have won this match after losing the first set. Tamarine saved a match point and then had almost saved another one after setting up the point so beautifully but hit an easy volley into the net to give Nathalie the match. So tamarine was obviously very upset.

P Suarez (ARG) d (16)S Kuznetsova (RUS) 64 76(1)
Svetlana had big trouble with Paola. Paola was leading either 3-0 or 3-1 in the second, but Svetlana managed to tie it up at 3-3. Paola still closed it out though.

C Black (ZIM) d R Grande (ITA) 62 26 63
Saw this match for a bit, quite boring.

F Schiavone (ITA) d (Q)A Jidkova (RUS) 75 63
After Alina led 5-4 in the first set and was serving for the set, trailed 0-40 and then got back to deuce only to lose it two points later, I knew the match was over. Alina lost the last 3 games of the first set. Francesca has a funny grunt as if she is saying "f__ you" , its so funny. She was playin ver aggressively and quite well so that is why she was making mistakes but also winning. So a well played match for Francesca.

(Q)N Pratt (AUS) d (Q)B Ko (CAN) 61 63
Didn't see this match, but heard Nicole is a big whiner about line calls.

(12)E Bovina (RUS) d M Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP) 62 64
I was shouting "Leena" to try to find a wtaworld poster lol, but I had no luck. I only saw the practice of these two lol, I love both and just wanted to post that I think both are beautiful and talented lol.

E Likhovtseva (RUS) d M Sharapova (RUS) 76(4) 61
My dad watched this match at home and he said that both players were not playing well but just making mistakes. So Elena won not because she played well, but because Maria made more mistakes.

(Q)M Washington (USA) d (WC)M-E Pelletier (CAN) 62 57 75
Aww what a beauty. Watched it from home. Mashona should have won the second set, but Marie-Eve won the last 3 games to take the set. In the third, Marie-Eve changed her shirt at 3-2. She then led 5-2 and Mashona did the same (great strategy but Marie-Eve took Mashona off her rythym too). Marie-Eve then choked and lost the next 5 games to give mashona the match. Again, Mashona played hot and cold, choking on big points when she was up or had chances to go up.

(8)Krizan/Srebotnik d Camerin/Schaul 76(1) 46 60
I watched this whole match. In the first set, Camerin/Schaul led 5-2 and had a set point at 5-4. But Tina/Srebotnik came back to lead 6-5. Camerin/Schaul managed to break Srebotnik's serve to force a tiebreaker. Thye won the first point and then lost the next seven to lose the set. In the second, I thought it was over after Tina/Katarina jumped to a 2-0 lead. But Camerin/Schaul fought back to jump to a 5-3 lead and were able to win the second set. In the third, it was no contest and Tina/katarina controlled the points and Camerin/Schaul choked on break points or big points and made too many simple errors. I love both Camerin and Schaul and was very happy to have gotten a picture taken with maria-elena. I hope they do well in the future. Krizan/Srebotnik play well, Krizan's serve is the weakest link, leaving them to be a very vulnerable doubles team.

Asagoe/Miyagi d Dominikovic/Weingartner 62 26 62
After the rain delay, at 1-1 in the third, Asagoe/Miyagi had no problems with controlling the points and winning this match. They won quite comfortably in the third. Miyagi speaks very good english! I heard her talking on the side. Evie/marlene were ok but Marlene made too many silly errors and was the weakest link for that team.

(8)J Dokic (YUG) d (Q)A Widjaja (INA) 64 64
Angelique made a good effort and played a good match. But somehow Dokic was able to win. i was disappointed as I was expecting an upset here.

7)A Coetzer (RSA) d (Q)S Obata (JPN) 76(1) 64
After seeing obata beat asagoe quite comfortably, I thought amanda would lose this one. But saori blew a set point in the first and Amanda was able to squeak out of this one with the win.

I am done for my days at the Canadian Open. It was really cool this year, as I went for both days of qualifying and despite the low number of seeds, had lots of fun seeing top players and seeing many talented ones that I did not know much of before. Henin kept practicing yet again, and I saw Navratilova practice which was quite cool. Meilen Tu took a picture with my freind and is a great competitor and nice person.
Maria-Elena and claudine are great players and have great personalities and play.

OH AND YES:
A NOTE:

TO TBE especially:

I asked Maria Elena when she refferred to her friend (the tall blond kournikova=like haired one) as "mari" if it was mara santangelo, but she said no. So who could it be!!!!! I didn't ask cuz she left lol.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:28 AM
uhh why the fuck didnt you ask who it was instead of asking if it was santangelo

Chance
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM
WTF are you so rude, Lee-Waters' Boy :rolleyes:

thanks polishprodigy for the report :)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:41 AM
im only playing with pawel he knows i love him ;)

and by the way, genious to yell out leena while watching bovina play, im sure she knew it was you

polishprodigy
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:58 AM
uhh why the fuck didnt you ask who it was instead of asking if it was santangelo

Lol ...I did ask that first but I received no answer so I quickly asked a rebound question if it was Mara. She just said no and didn't want to say lol. SO there! ;) And I don't take Leewater's Boy's insults personally, I know he is only joking ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:00 AM
I'm glad you think I don't mean it personally :) carry on

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:04 AM
lmao thanks rtael for the ngative reputation im glad i can have fun with my friend on this board without the police chasing me
kiss my ass

alexusjonesfan
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:41 AM
wow, I can't believe I was so close to another wtaworld member...
My friend and I were standing right behind the ump's chair at the Petrova-Weingartner match and we stood right next to the court for the Krizan/Srebotnik-Camerin/Schaul match.
weird/funny story about the doubles match: We were just standing there watching the match and this middle aged British woman came up to us saying "is someone practicing out here? Who's playing?"...I told her it was a doubles match and then told her who's playing. She asked me again who was playing so I told her again thinking that maybe she was a fan of one of the players and I had confused her by screwing up the pronunciation or something...then she just laughed and said: "Oh yeah, never heard of them, I'm a real tennis buff!" in a sarcastic tone and walked away

bis2806
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Rtael is an asshole.... btw I hope Angie played well :)

Brian Stewart
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the report, PolProd.

maya
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:32 AM

Elleke
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:11 AM
thanks!:D

King Aaron
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the report. :D