PDA

View Full Version : Okay - so what to do about Iraq NOW

Volcana
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:07 AM
A billion dollars a week and rising

* Pull out now and leave them to their fate

* Stay, and make sure American companies drain as much money out of Iraq as possible, with the American military there to protect the multi-nationals from the Iraqi people

* Stay, because we've been bombing Iraq for 12 years, and we've destroyed a lot of the country in the process. We owe it to the Iraqi people to pay to re-build the place.

BTW, using their oil to pay for it is obscene. It's like, I burn down your house, then take your life savings to give to my friends to re-build your house.

* Pull out, and give the billion dollars a week to the new Iraqi Council we're so proud of

* Stay, and convert them all to Christianity

Note: Pulling in more toops is not feasible. We have a 12 division army and 10 of them are deployed. You gotta keep a rear guard, so we're maxed. A thrust by Al Qaeda on a new front will likely strike deep. ANd our army is pinned down in a position its politically inpossible to retreat from.

I'm an American

What's the best course of action right now?

hitman
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Who cares? They have the oil, fuck the rest

Lets make it even more obvious: they dont care now as they didnt care before and wont care later on

alexusjonesfan
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:09 AM
You raise some very good points Volcana and it is becoming more and more evident by the day that the story about Iraq becoming a 'prosperous democracy which would start a domino effect and win over the minds of the governments and people of the Middle East' was really just PR nonsense.

I'm afraid I'm beginning to agree with a cynical expert who expressed his views before the war. He said something to the effect of:
Iraq and Baghdad have been invaded and pillaged throughout history and this invasion would be no different. The governments of Iraq in recent times have often been controlled, supported and directed by foreign powers looking to use Iraq for different reasons. Each government has begun and ended in violence and destruction and this new government change sponsored by another foreign power would be no different.

disposablehero
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:00 AM
I will agree with you on some points. However, using Iraqi oil money to rebuild the country is a better use of it than Saddam ever made. Personally, I figure Saddam would have had functional nuclear weapons nearly a decade ago if he hadn't been stupid enough to invade Kuwait. Don't count me among those who are happy that it is probably too late to stop Iran and North Korea. Nuclear weapons are going to do very bad things to a lot of people sometime in the next few decades. First one country had them, then two, then five, then 8, now we are likely into double digits. The end result is not difficult to foresee.