PDA

View Full Version : Karen on "Will and Grace"

tazban1
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:09 PM
I've been watching the show for a long time, but I never caught why Karen "works" with Grace. Is it simply because she wants something to do? Why would Grace hire Karen as her assistant in the first place?

Barrie_Dude
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:12 PM
I've been watching the show for a long time, but I never caught why Karen "works" with Grace. Is it simply because she wants something to do? Why would Grace hire Karen as her assistant in the first place?It is Television! It does not have to make sense, just be entertaining! ;) :p And I love the interaction between Karen and Jack! :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Yeah Karen is working with Grace because she thinks it helps her staying grounded :p

I really really love this show!!!

Monica@53
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:40 AM
I think I remember in one of the first few episodes when Karen was giving Grace shit one time at the office.... I think Grace said something like the only reason Karen was there was because Karen brought in some very valuable clients.

Kirt12255
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:40 AM
:wavey: How anyone can win an emmy over the Character of Karen is beyond me.....funniest character (ok equal with Phoebe from friends) on tv in my life :wavey:

Rollo
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Karen's voice alone is a hoot. She cracks me up when she startsin with "Well, honey"....

rightous
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Rollo I have to agree so much, her voice cracks me up big time, she doesn't even have to say anything remotely funny:)

Joana
Aug 14th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Karen and Phoebe rock!!!! :hearts:
Too bad we don't get any of these shows in Yugoslavia anymore. :sad:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Yeah, in the pilot episode, a minor story is made of why Karen works for Grace - she doesn't even cash her paychecks, lol.

potty
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Whats this? whats happening? whats going on?

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Doctor: "Your husband is suffering from Acute angina"
Karen: "you've got some nerve hitting on me..."

(or something like that) :haha:

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Although, the funniest ep is the one with Matt Damon...:lol:

Felly Tournato
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:52 PM
:worship: :hearts: Karen/Megan :worship: :hearts:

Mr. Man
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Yeah. Karen is great. ROFL

shap_half
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Whats this? whats happening? whats going on?
omg that is sooo my saying!! everytime i see one of my friends wearing an ugly outfit i always say that...

"honey, what's this? what's going on? what's happening?"
or
"honey, we talked about this top"

CC
Aug 14th, 2003, 09:32 PM
I love this show. I hadn't seen it for a while and last week I watched it and laughed so hard. It was the ep where Jack took over his acting class and Grace met what's-his-name's parents without knowing it was them.

raquel
Aug 14th, 2003, 09:52 PM
I love this show, but does anyone else think they are all just cruel to Grace? My favourite was the Sandra Bernhard episode where she is swearing constantly with the sound of a blender coming in to cover every swear word :lol:

Karen is fabulous

"Good Lord. I can't believe I am at a public pool. Why doesn't someone just pee directly on me?"

"Its the oldest story in the book. Boy meets girl. Boy wants girl to do dominatrix film. Girl says 'Naked?' Boy says 'Yeah.' Girl says 'No Way!' Boy says 'Okay how about you just wear this rubber dress and beat this old guy with a scrub brush? Girl says 'How Hard?!!'" :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:15 PM
This show is the best!!!!

Iroda_Fan
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Love this show, but it should be called "Jack and Karen", cause the other two are soooooooo boring!

Richie77
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Love this show, but it should be called "Jack and Karen", cause the other two are soooooooo boring!
I agree! Jack and Karen make the show.

disposablehero
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:30 AM
OK, she is the annoying brunette with an extra 10 pounds or so on her, right? So am I the only one who would bang her?

Richie77
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:32 AM
DH's motto: "No Skinny Chicks" ;)

disposablehero
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Are you kidding? I LOVE skinny chicks. Gimmie some JLH.

shap_half
Aug 16th, 2003, 01:37 AM
This is seriously one of the funnniest shows to ever step foot in television. The material is just histerical and the cast is explosive. And I think Karen and Jack are the characters that are more explicitly funny - funny that you don't have to think about. Will is more cynical and his quips are more mature. While Grace is just funny in the stupidest waysss. They're all funny and all kinda for different people.

cheliste
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Although, the funniest ep is the one with Matt Damon...:lol:
I love that episode! Jack was hilarious and Matt Damon...:hearts: LOL!

Richie77
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:10 AM
I love that episode! Jack was hilarious and Matt Damon...:hearts: LOL!
That was hysterical!

"You won't get him...thinking and planning!
Wishing and hoping!
Lying and cheating!
Tubby and tone deaf! :D

I am wondering something, though. Why does Jack always dress so conservatively? :confused: It's always the same white dress shirt, sweater vest, and Dockers.

Barrie_Dude
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Yes a very good show indeed!

Monica_Rules
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:36 PM
A few of my fav Karen quotes

'Thats like saying vodkas just a morning beverage'

'Hey Grace your the one dating a circuis freak'( starts doing a dance to the circuis song)

And how can i forget Jack and Karren LMAO!

Although the best thing ever in Will and Grace is

Jack to Grace

'Kiss it(kisses cheek) Kiss it(kisses other cheek)
Spank it(grace spanks his arse) LOL!

matthias
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:43 PM
i like Karen and Jack too - unfortunally i know just the german versions, and so i don´t know her original voice - but the german voice is good too