PDA

View Full Version : Any one know a good audio recording program??

Knizzle
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:06 PM
One that will record audio very well and allow you to make it into a wav file??

controlfreak
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Record from what source? I used to use MusicMatch Jukebox but I don't know if it's still around...

Knizzle
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Record from what source? I used to use MusicMatch Jukebox but I don't know if it's still around...

To record audio from a DVD

controlfreak
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:29 AM
If you're using a DVD-ROM drive on your computer, there's no need to do any recording. You should be using a DVD ripping/extraction program to extract the audio. For more info do a search for "DVD ripping tutorial". I can't really recommend any PC programs because I use a fruity "deluxe" computer :cool:

OTOH, if you're using a standalone DVD player with an audio cable going to your PC's soundcard (God only knows why you would want to do this), then any old program like Sound Recorder (which comes with Windows) will do the job.

Tarsius
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Try some software from dmc: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/download.htm

Some of these are actually useful, like the Auxillary Input program for recording straight from analog sources (anything outside your PC) and the music converter. Easier to use than MusicMatch and doesn't use all that processing power too.

Knizzle
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:25 AM
If you're using a DVD-ROM drive on your computer, there's no need to do any recording. You should be using a DVD ripping/extraction program to extract the audio. For more info do a search for "DVD ripping tutorial". I can't really recommend any PC programs because I use a fruity "deluxe" computer :cool:

OTOH, if you're using a standalone DVD player with an audio cable going to your PC's soundcard (God only knows why you would want to do this), then any old program like Sound Recorder (which comes with Windows) will do the job.

For some reason the Audio on the DVD is hidden and I get the message that I don't have permission to access it.