PDA

View Full Version : Any Fans for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?

apoet29
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Any fans of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? I love that show. Carson is, hands down, my favorite.

http://bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy/

Mrs. Peel
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:43 PM
I really enjoy this show..I don't think about them being gay. They are all just so good at what they do! I love them all..but my fave is Kyan. He's beautiful and very sensitive to his clients. I love Jai too...

apoet29
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:06 AM
I really enjoy this show..I don't think about them being gay. They are all just so good at what they do! I love them all..but my fave is Kyan. He's beautiful and very sensitive to his clients. I love Jai too...

I agree. I think the show tries to break that stereotype of what is considered to be masculine behavior. I love it.

Meesh
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:18 AM
I love this show. The one last night was hysterical! It's interesting to see how people live and how they think having a tub full of black scum is alright. I also like the fact that they don't push their fashion trends etc. on these people. They just enhance what the person has already. My favorite makeover was the guy that had the Art Gallery opening. Incredible transformation they did on him! The funniest episode was w/ the long haired dude that had McDonalds bags under his furniture. The comments the Fab 5 make are the best!

Best of their Oneliners:

When they saw the girlfriend getting off the train for the date
"Ohh, there is a prostitute in Trenton that wants her boots back" :lol:
She was a bit scary!

Kyan, Jai and the Food guy are great. Actually they are all great. I want them to come to my house and take me shopping!!!!!

Keith
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:40 AM
They are all pretty cool. I like this show a lot!

Mark43
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:14 AM
I enjoyed the show the first few times I watched it, but it very quickly became stale. They need a new angle. It is too repetitious.

Beyond the monotony, part of the problem is that horrendous old wretch Carson! He looks like a 47 year old anorexic woman who uses Clorox to bleach her hair and follows it up with a cookie cutter mullet haircut (Kyan...HELP please!) and some Target sunless tanning solution. His clothes, hair and skin are awful and his bitchy one liners become predictable after a while. I just cannot imagine any of my straight friends taking any advice from a train wreck like Carson.

Kyan is cute and likeable and but they could lose the so called 'culture expert', as he serves no purpose what-so-ever.

I have not seen the 30 min version on NBC, but I suspect chopping the program in half improves it quite a bit.

Keith
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:36 AM
I agree that Carson tries "too hard" but there are times he is pretty funny.

Mark43
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah he can be funny, but who would take fashion advice from someone in desperate need of a make-over himself? That hairdo....eek!

Often times I think the funniest part of the show is that the fab five look like rejects from Dance Fever. A few episodes ago they had an incredibly attractive man (dark haired hunk preparing to propose to his girlfriend) and except for the renovation of his apartment, the whole thought of him taking fashion advice from an old bar hag like Carson was a joke. I mean, this guy was so hot it didn't matter what they hell he wore/ate/said, he just naturally blew those guys away.

Meesh
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:14 PM
I think I keep watching because of the "over-all" transformations. The makeover on the guy at the Art Gallerty will probably give a boost to his art stuff from this show. The Jewish guy looked 10 to 20 lbs. lighter w/ the clothes they got him.
Yes, Carson is a little over the top but you have to admit he is funny! I guess I"m easily amused cause everytime they get out of that SUV and start running I crack up laughing!! The way they run :haha: