PDA

View Full Version : Good luck A level and AS level students!

Monica_Rules
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Just a good luck message to everyone getting A level or AS level results on thursday.

I'm getting quite nervous now.

I might not post now untill thursday as i'm going to a friends house tomorrow night!

Good luck everyone :D

Cilla
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Yes, good luck to eveyone :kiss: I really hope I get the grades I need......

Dava
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Im doing everything trying not to think about it. Then I have to decide if I go to uni or not. :mad: :fiery:

Ting
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Best luck to everyone!:kiss:

I'll be starting mine this september.

Xavier_Malisse
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Good luck guys...I hope you all managed to last the pace

GBFH
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Hey Xavier, didn't Jen leave you because you couldn't, er, "last the pace?"

Ting
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Hey Xavier, didn't Jen leave you because you couldn't, er, "last the pace?"
LOL

ASV_FAN
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I get my A-Level French grade tomorrow. That's the only one I finished for reasons I won't go into. But I just enrolled for an intensive A-Level in Sociology and I'm doing my A2 English Literature so I can eventually go to university next year - only 2 years later than I should've done.

Nikki
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Good Luck everyone. I start uni in September. I am fortunate as I already know my results as I done an access course.

Luna_Angel_84
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:01 PM
One girl was told that we could get them today if we went up to the school so me and my friend trotted up there this morning but they refused to hand them out and we have to wait until tomorrow. I officially hate my school now, and hate the A levels even more. :o

Anyway, good luck everyone and I'm sure we're all in for a sleepless night (apart from me cos I'm taking my mum's sleeping pills! :p).

Dava
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:29 AM
I got 2 B's and a C :bounce:

Luna_Angel_84
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:43 AM
I got 3 A's (Maths, Physics and HE), so I am well chuffed. Congrats Dava and hope everyone else is happy with what they've got! :D

Cilla
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
I was too late to get my results :o :p So I'll have to wait for them in the post tomorrow :p Congrats Dava & Claire :D

veryborednow
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Our exams are a little harder than multiple choice, though ;)

Cilla, how the **** did you miss out on getting your results ;) shocking.

Well done everyone! Claire, what's HE?

Lord Chips
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:13 PM
My college are witholding my results because I'm refusing to pay £13 for entry into a re-take of an exam I never re-sat. They never asked me whether I wanted to re-do the exam but still want the money cause they screwed up.

Great huh?

ASV_FAN
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:07 PM
I got a C in my French, not very pleased cuz I should've got an A or a B but I suppose I've got out what I put in - not very much :rolleyes: .

Kart
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Is D a passing mark :eek: .

It seems it is if you're a prince.

Nikki
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Passing marks in A'levels are A-E

Congrats to you all:bounce:

Cilla
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
I got a B in media (4 marks from an A)
C in English (5 marks from a B)
C in History (3 marks from a B)

So I'm pretty disappointed & frustrated that I'm not gonna get into my 1st choice uni (who wanted ABB) :sad: I hope my insurance uni will accept me taking into account how close I was to getting BBA instead of CCB.

Congrats to Everyone :kiss:

Cilla, how the **** did you miss out on getting your results ;) shocking.

It's a long story Rom :p

Monica_Rules
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Well i got BCD

I was 5 marks from a B in maths!

Chemistry was ridicluas in the AS exams i had BBB but in the A2 ones i had EUU:rolleyes:

I didn't get onto the course i wanted but i kind of did i have to do a foundation year in Manchester then i get to do biomedical science!

Shuji Shuriken
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Congrats to everyone and good luck on your future :kiss: :wavey:

Ting
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Congrats everyone:kiss:

Luna_Angel_84
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:46 PM
HE is Home Economics. It's differently over here to England though cos we don't do cooking or anything and it's all about consumer law and food poisoning etc. I'm now a fully-fledged expert in Salmonella etc. Nice. :p

paul_masterton
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:36 PM
omg u guys find out wot marks you got?

I got my Advanced Highers on Tuesday. Which are the Scottish version of A-Levels, but are generally regarded as being worth more than ur poxy qualifications where all you need to do is write your name correctly and you pass ;)

Pass marks are set in all subjects at between 50-60%. I read that in some A-Level subjects you can pass with 35%!!!

You can only get a-c grades or a fail.

I got:
A in English - the only subject i worked for
C in History
C in maths - which is a joke as i left half way though the exam (90 mins into a 3 hour exam) coz i could only do about 12 questions. Seems I got all teh ones i did do right!!

Well done everyone who got what they wanted and commisserations to those who didnt :)

I'm off to Dundee to do law, but i got my place through my Higher results last year, which are i guess the same as AS-Level. Where i got 3 A's and 2 B's.

veryborednow
Aug 15th, 2003, 08:20 PM
I can't even spell Salmonella (I copy and pasted that) so you've easily got one up on me.

I got 4 As too, must be something to do with Jen, maybe the prospect of seeing her at Wimbly ;) - was published in the local paper which is embarrassing as hell :o

Sorry that Cilla and Perve didn't get the grades they wanted. My friend spent the whole year telling people she didn't have to work because the grades needed for her course were piss easy. She didn't work. Didn't get the grades. :rolleyes: idiot child.

Luna_Angel_84
Aug 16th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Hey you should be proud Rom, you did so well! :D I think our local papers are more concerned about the local football teams than results though. ;)