PDA

View Full Version : Lei Clijsters: Masters are far more important then a Slam

pigam
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:23 PM
In an intervieuw with "de morgen" Lei clijsters says (repeats) he thinks winning the masters is far more important then winnin a GS ! He says in the GS's you only have to beat a top ten player in the last two rounds, that's like playing a tier II event!! He says 'I guess you could compare winning a GS to winning the Uefacup and winning the Masters to winning the Champions League!!
When the journalist reacts surprised, Lei anwers that if Kim would win the Masters for a 2nd time, he would be willing to 'exchange that' (ruilen voor??) for 4 GS titles??

OMG!! Does he mean that or is he just fooling himself? Or do you guys agree with him??

per4ever
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Lei is a fool. Ask Kim. I bet she would like to trade two Master titles for one GS :)

pigam
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Yeah that's what I thought... well... :)

fleemkeģ
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:35 PM
I did a poll about it in GM after RG and the result was clear :D GS is more important than Masters :)

nicky
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Why be surprised? Lei loves playing the grumpy old man, and I've no doubt he says this on purpose, partly to ease the pressure for Kim, and mostly because he just loves to be controversial ;) :D.

I have no doubt he knows the real value of a GS...:p

~|Naomi|~
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:21 AM
He has been saying this for ages, since way back before RG. And it's his opinion, and it is quite clear why he has that he is comparing it to his days in soccer, he has no prior experience in the world of tennis, so to him winning an event where only the top players are present is bigger than A GS.