PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Vs Dementieva

azza
Aug 12th, 2003, 02:48 PM
I am watching this match on eurosport i missed the 1st set :o and i missed most of the 2nd set i was watching at 4-3 2nd set

Dementievas 2nd serves were just shit she was just throwing the ball up and spinning in it the service box Alicia just couldnt give it what it deserved

In the tie break Alicia was down 6-4 she came back 6-6

She had set point at 7-6 it was 6-6 elena served her shit 2nd serve and Alicia Finally gave it what it desreved to get 7-6

Elena came back to 7-7

and then Alicia was having her last serve Elena ran all over the court and won the point with a screaming backahdn winner :sad:

and then on match point elena finally got a 1st serve in :o and it was unreturnble by molik

When shaking hands Alicia was like noin eye contact with elena

Alicia Look very sad whyen she lost her face expression was very down and out

lol im pissed that i didnt watch the whole match i didnt no tennis was on :mad:

Aussie_Kim
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:10 PM
From what u saw was Alicia serving well?? How were her groundies??
I really hope she's ready for some good matches at the US Open, she hasn't had too many matches lately, couple of first round losses. Then again she had a little slump b4 Wimbledon and still played well their. Lets hope she gets a good draw.

azza
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Wow she has VERY good first serve!! she aced elena couple of times right on the T very accurate her forhand was very good but her backhand was VERY VERY bad thats probebly the main reason she lost she kept hitting her backhands long she really needs to work on it :sad:

SM
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:53 PM
her bh is decent she can slice and come over it and variety is important.

azza
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:31 AM
Although it may be decent in her match it just wasnt going for her

Aussie_Kim
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Wow she has VERY good first serve!! she aced elena couple of times right on the T very accurate her forhand was very good but her backhand was VERY VERY bad thats probebly the main reason she lost she kept hitting her backhands long she really needs to work on it :sad:

Well thanks for telling me bout the match, I didn't get to see any of it.
At least hitting her backhand long shouldn't be too hard to correct.
( Perhaps she just couldn't get her timing right on the day. :confused: )
A positive at least that her serves were great. She needs her serve to be on in order to win matches, its a great weapon and can provide free points. Just hope she takes that into the US Open. :)