PDA

View Full Version : Opening ceremony Monday night?

EviLjuan
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know if the tournament is planning their usual opening ceremony with the introduction of all the players on centre court? I have tix for tonight's session and it's always one of my favorite parts of the tourney!

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:25 PM
i hope the does because thats the best moment of the tournament.

angele87
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Is the opening ceremony usually televised? I can't remember from the last years :o

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:38 PM
no

EviLjuan
Aug 11th, 2003, 05:06 PM
It's definitely special because you get to see all the players together as a group, and as a bonus, most of them look amazing in their normal street clothes. I remember one year each player threw autographed balls into the crowd, and there have been some great speeches from Monica and Martina Navratilova.

The men's tournament didn't do it last year, and they had in previous years, so let's hope they don't scrap it as well with the ladies!

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 11th, 2003, 05:38 PM
in montreal last because of the rain(i hope this is the reason) they did not shopw a ceremony...i just hope they will have one here tonigh even if marois will not be on court for the ceremony because she is playing the second match because 2 years ago she was a total goddess!!!