PDA

View Full Version : My report: Qualifying Day 2

polishprodigy
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:24 AM
M Vento-Kabchi (VEN) d C Schaul (LUX) 63 61
I only watched a bit of this match. Claudine was trying to be aggressive but really wasn't hitting the shots in the court. Her game was off and all Maria had to do was to be consistent to win.

A Parra (ESP) d J Vakulenko (UKR) 36 60 62
Only saw a bit of this match, Arancha breezed after the first set.

M Washington (USA) d D Bedanova (CZE) 75 26 76(4)
I loved this match. I came at 7-5 0-2 for Mashona, and Mashona was playing like hot and cold. She managed to fight back and tie at 2-2 but then played like crap and inconsistent on the big points to lose the set easily. IN the third, Bedanova raced to a 5-3 lead, but Mashona fought well after winning a game where she was 0-40 down on her serve. Bedanova helped with some silly errors. So at 5-5, it was a tied game and Beadnova was frustrated. Bedanova also led 6-5, but Mashona held comforatably to stay in the match. In the tb, Mashona led 2-0 and 4-2, but Bedanova fought back to 4-4. She made a very poor net volley in the net to give Mashona a 5-4 lead. Mashona then aced for a 6-4 lead and 2 match points. Mashona's final serve clipped the net, so Bedanova did not play it. But a let was not called so Mashona was awarded the point and the match. Daja was pretty graceful about it, signing autographs after and shaking both the umpire and Mashona's hand. Mashona played well enough at the end to make a last ditch effort to stay in the match, and it worked as she won. I hope Mashona can have a chance against Gagliardi, but she needs to be more consistent.

A Widjaja (INA) d S Krivencheva (BUL) 63 63
This match wouldn't have been as close as it was had Widjaja not gone for her shots so much and hit the ball so hard. Svetlana was NEVER in the match.

D Randriantefy (MAD) d S Dubois (CAN) 75 57 61
This match was so close. Dubois is quite a talent. I am so proud to say she is Canadian. Dally won a very close first set, Stephanie was quite heartbroken that she lost, but fought back to win the second. In the third, she kinda ran out of gas I suppose and Dally's experience helped her win the match.

S Obata (JPN) d T Snyder (USA) 61 63
Tara fought hard but the match was quite boring.

J Craybas (USA) d J Lee (TPE) 61 61
Missed this match. But when they started, the chair umpire said Craybas represented Great Britain and that Janet represented the USA lol. What a joke.

ME Camerin (ITA) d D Srebrovic (CAN) 62 63
Did not see.

M Tu (USA) d J Husarova (SVK) 26 62 61
Saw a bit of this match, Meilen played well.

A Jidkova (RUS) d S Jeyaseelan (CAN) 76(11) 61
Ahh what a frustrating result. Sonya led 5-4 and 6-5 and at 5-5 fought hard to come back from 0-40 and hold her serve. In the tb, Sonya led 6-5, 7-6, 8-7, 10-9 and 11-10 but still could not win it. She was grunting really loud and changing her grunt each game lol. It was quite funny as Alina had no grunt at all but was mocking Sonya at times lol. Sonya fell apart in the second, i guess as a result of the first set frustration.

N Pratt (AUS) d W Prakusya (INA) 62 62
Wynne, Wynne, wynne. Didn't see much of this match but am very disappointed with the result.

B Ko (CAN) d E Callens (BEL) Walkover
Well done Beier! ;) You are the only Canadian Qualifier! and all you had to do was beat Monika Dancevic! ;) I hope Beier plays well in her 1R match, she was not playing well in her doubles qualy match! :(

polishprodigy
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Oh and doubles qualifying:

Tanasugarn/Pisnik def. WC-Dubois/Ko (CAN)

I don't know the final score ,but I do know that Tamarine/Tina led 5-2 after winning 3 straight games. Stephanie and Beier did play well considering their age and I overheard Tamarine mentioning this to Pisnik on their break. She was like "and they are not even 17 yet!". So it was quite a valiant effort from the Canadians.

Jordan.
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:33 AM
K. Thanks.

polishprodigy
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Oh, and I saw many players today....

Amelie was practising. So was Molik (with Lina K), Nancy with her serves (go nancy), Shinobu yet again, Magdalena Maleeva, Nadia Petrova :) and Anastasia Myskina (yet again). Umm....Razzano practiced with Amelie for a bit....

NOt much else to say..

New_Scarecrow
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:38 AM
thks for ur report, :yeah:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 11th, 2003, 05:54 AM
Thanks 4 the report as always! ;)

jirobkk
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Oh and doubles qualifying:

Tanasugarn/Pisnik def. WC-Dubois/Ko (CAN)

I don't know the final score ,but I do know that Tamarine/Tina led 5-2 after winning 3 straight games. Stephanie and Beier did play well considering their age and I overheard Tamarine mentioning this to Pisnik on their break. She was like "and they are not even 17 yet!". So it was quite a valiant effort from the Canadians.

Thanks for a good new.
Do you mean Tammy/Pisnik qualified and enter the main draw ?

Good luck Tammy/Tina. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

patricktav2003
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:25 AM
WOW IM SO PROUD OF STEPH!!:hearts: well done !!
lets go KO!!!:yeah:

Rollo
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Thanks Polish:)

Did Mashona save match points down 3-5 in the third?

Brian Stewart
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the report! Of all the tournaments for Mashona to qualify into, a Tier I! Good achievement.

Ah, Sonya. So close.

ghosts
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:59 AM
:)

Benny
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Tanasugarn/Pisnik(2) def Dubois/Ko 8-3
Tanasugarn/Pisnik(2) def Synder/Soukup-Zahalka(1) 8-2

Vut
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:26 PM
:) TAMMY / Tina

Jorn