PDA

View Full Version : Japanese anime.

kku
Aug 10th, 2003, 02:00 PM
I haven't watched any good Japanese anime for eons and I was wondering whether anyone has any good suggestions?

For anyone who cares, here are my list of faves;

1. Omoide Poro Poro.
2. Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away).
3. Tonari no Torotoro (one word: KAWAIIIII!!!!!!!!!)
4. Mimi wo Sumaseba.
5. Crayon Shinchan

And basically, I worship Hayao Miyazaki. He has yet to make a bad anime - or better still, I love all the works from Ghilbi studios :)

BTW, does anyone know of an anime film where a girl is in some metallic flying ship and she meets a crew where one is an old woman who I think pilots the ship and a boy who's name is "Parso" or something :) I think it's released from Ghilbi as well, b/c the animation looked similar. :bounce:

kku
Aug 10th, 2003, 02:10 PM
And before I forget, here's a great site for all you anime lovers; http://www.theanimereview.com/ :worship:

kku
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM
kku>> It's not Laputa, right?

Gosh you must envy Japanese public. They got to watch in their home television Laputa, Nausicaa, and Spirited Away in prime time this year! Totoro has one of the greatest songs too. I wonder who is Azumi Inoue (the person who sang many of Miyazaki anime's soundtracks)

checking, checking....ack! it's not "Lupata". :confused:

but thanks so much!

you know what i absolutely love about japanese anime? it's because they're so mature and meaningful compared to americans. i mean, omoide poro poro was so touching. i think it was one of miyazaki's lesser known works, but i thought it absolutely kicked ass!!! i liked the country scene that miyazaki has in all his anime - you know, sort of like the peaceful, "farm" atmosphere. i liked the main character - especially when she keeps reminiscing about 5th grade :)

and by far, my favourite all time anime is "tonari no torotoro". it's very innocent and heart-warming :) i mean, i just loved the way there wasn't the crappy "bad guy vs good guy" genre in the movie - it was just about adventures in the forest :)

kku
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Anyone seen Perfect Blue? It was really good!

HELL YEAH! Perfect Blue kicks ass! Definately go see it, if you have the chance. :wavey: