PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy - BBC TV show

Princess Fiona
Aug 10th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Hi :wavey:

Is anyone watching this show? :)

I have been following it (I know, I'm addicted to these things a little bit!! *cough* ;) ). Last night was the first eviction (after three days!!) - I was sorry to see Audley go. He seemed like a nice guy...

I really like Peter and Alex. Peter is great but maybe a little bit 'Britpop'? A little bit Damon Albarn/Jarvis Cocker... (Not that this is such a bad thing!! ;) ) I love the energy he brings to his performances... (I agree with the teachers here!!) Alex is fantastic - I love her voice and I think she's quite an 'individual'. I'd love her to go as far as possible and I think she did so well to come back after the microphone problems she had last night...

And the judges - sometimes I think they are too mean!! Don't get me started on their 'meanness' sometimes... :fiery: Is 'meanness' a word? lol.. *looking for dictionary* ;)

controlfreak
Aug 10th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I don't see the appeal of Fame Academy. It tries to combine the brilliance of Big Brother and Pop Idol, and fails miserably.

Pop Idol succeeds because you see them whittling down the field from 20,000 contestants to 10, and finally to 1, which gives you the chance to see some of the 19,990 people (some of whom are talented, some of whom aren't) who didn't make it. 19,990 broken hearts? Now that's good TV. On Fame Academy, however, you just start off with 12 (or however many) people, all of whom are talented singers/performers, with no background information on the 12 and how they were selected. There is no real incentive to keep watching them each week. The BBC cocked up again by trying to imitate other peoples' successful shows. Just look at the TV ratings.

Nicoleke
Aug 10th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I really love that kind of shows too, in wich chanel it is broadcoast ?

Pdm1987
Aug 10th, 2003, 04:29 PM
BBC1

Nicoleke
Aug 10th, 2003, 04:33 PM
BBC1
Thanks, and it' s every fridays at 8 pm ?

Pdm1987
Aug 10th, 2003, 04:37 PM
No, Wednesdays & Saturdays, but I don;t know the times, check www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy or www.bbc.co.uk/whatson for scheduling :)

Princess Fiona
Aug 10th, 2003, 04:58 PM
I don't see the appeal of Fame Academy. It tries to combine the brilliance of Big Brother and Pop Idol, and fails miserably.

Pop Idol succeeds because you see them whittling down the field from 20,000 contestants to 10, and finally to 1, which gives you the chance to see some of the 19,990 people (some of whom are talented, some of whom aren't) who didn't make it. 19,990 broken hearts? Now that's good TV. On Fame Academy, however, you just start off with 12 (or however many) people, all of whom are talented singers/performers, with no background information on the 12 and how they were selected. There is no real incentive to keep watching them each week. The BBC cocked up again by trying to imitate other peoples' successful shows. Just look at the TV ratings.

I see what you mean... I didn't really see the last show that much (I used to watch the Friday night expulsion on return from the gym) and I wish I'd seen more of it!! I like the fact that the students are 'encouraged' to improve with the songwriting and dance classes etc. I think it's a better environment than the other reality shows...

but...

(There's a but!!)

I hate to 'moan' but I thought having an expulsion after three days was really too harsh!! And someone else is going to go on Wednesday... I think this is very much taking off Pop Idol and the other reality shows. Like, who cares about the people who gave absolutely everything to 'make it' into the Academy? As long as we get the money and the good ratings... :rolleyes: I think the format last year was better from what I remember... (I still feel guilty for watching this sort of thing sometimes as I think it's a little 'cruel'!! But I guess I have to 'toughen up' like the students... :) Is SOMEONE making excuses for herself? :o ;) )

* I didn't think "Big Brother" was good this year either
** I can't STAND Simon Cowell!! *growl* ;)
*** Good luck to my faves, Peter and Alex!! :D ;)

Monica_Rules
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Oh i love Alex too such a great and emotional performer.

Totally disagree about Peter he just screames he doesn't sing a note whenever he sings!Can't stand him!

I don't like the new way they do it it looks like they wont do A grade student or on probation just a vote every week which is stupid!

Princess Fiona
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:15 PM
You get a Grade A post from me, Monica_Rules (well, apart from the Peter bit :p but I can be nice, unlike those mean teachers, and overlook that!! ;) ). I'm pleased you like Alex - I REALLY want her to do well!! But I fear for her - the voters tend to go for the males who are maybe 'less challenging'? Hmmmm... (Prove me wrong please, Great British Public!! Goooo Alex!! :D )

Since Lorna sang "What's Up" yesterday I've had it in my head... I think I like my fellow '-na' woman!! :)

And Monica_Rules, did you see that James is from Wales? (I think he's from Cardiff but now lives in London... )

:wavey:

Monica_Rules
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Didn't know that!

I thought Lorna was great last night she made her voice sound really good.

I fear for Alex too i hope she goes really far though.
I think Nik will win cos hes quite good and the kind that the 'girls' will vote for.(David Sneddon)

Cersei
Aug 11th, 2003, 12:09 AM
i was waiting for a thread ;) hehe
Alex is my fave.by miles
also like Peter though :) he's fun to watch

sunnysideup
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:10 AM
I was able to watch the first Fame Academy on BBC prime....and so what happened to the career of David after he won the title likewise with Sinead and Lemar????? Anyone who has the answer????

Princess Fiona
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:44 PM
:wavey: everyone :)

Monica_Rules, I hear that James is from Bargoed... http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-cymwink.gif :D

Jonathan, I saw "Pop Idol" too!! I taped it to watch after "Fame Academy" (yes, I love these shows *siiigh* ;) ). Louise was in the bottom three in FA this week but was saved by the teachers!! Whaaat? Whoooooo said 'shallow'? *cupping my ear* ;) She is beautiful with very nice cheekbones... With "Pop Idol"? (I'm more into FA at the moment... :p But I forgive you!! ;) ) I couldn't believe that man who sang "Eye of the Tiger" either!! Awww... I mean, did he do it in a serious way? Was he the man with the maths degree? And that girl from Liverpool - wow!! She was LOOOOOOUD... :D

kitty - I love this show... :) Can you tell? ;)

sunnysideup - David Sneddon had a number one single in this country ("Stop Living The Lie") and I think his album went to number one... He has a new single coming out and I think it's a bit 'rocky'!! Sinéad Quinn had a big hit single with "I Can't Break Down" but since then she hasn't been doing so well in the charts (her album entered the UK charts at number 48). Lemar has a single out and it's getting a lot of airplay - it looks like it will be a 'big' single!! Ainslie had a single out earlier in the year and Malachi had an album - I don't know about the others from last year...

Monica_Rules
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Lemars singles

Dance with you? is great!

Emola
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:49 PM
I realise what the title of this thread is (sorry Princess Fiona! ;)) but omg Jonathan the Eye of the Tiger guy was sooo funny! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing hehe. Ugh I hate it when people suck up to Simon Cowell :rolleyes: why? (do we have a pop idol thread? :o) shallow Jonathan? Hehe I think you know just aswell as I do that I can be too :p :o

anyway....yes I saw a little of Fame Academy I think it was the one where Lorna got through. She was good and expected her to go through :)

Princess Fiona
Aug 11th, 2003, 07:21 PM
(It's okay Em!! ;) ) Simon Cowell - GRRRRR... Please, don't get me started on HIM!! *shiver* I will have to use ":tape:" here because I cannot POSSIBLY talk about how I feel about Mister Cowell!! :fiery: ;) I will have "Eye of the Tiger" stuck in my head... (That man's version? ;) ) I do not think there is a Pop Idol thread... (Yet? I'm SURE it will be a popular show like the last time... :) )

I wonder who will go on Wednesday... I like Lorna but I don't think she is as liked by the teachers/judges as some of the other students!! And there are some others I feel are in a little 'danger' - Barry seems to be popular with the viewing public...

Who do I think will win? I have a feeeeeling... *looking into crystal ball* :D I have a feeling that Paris could win!! The teachers/judges simply luuuuuurve him... (To me, hmmm, I didn't really 'get him' the first time!! But I quite liked him on Saturday - he has the 'look' I think... )

GOOOOO ALEX AND PETER!! http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/cheering.gif

Cersei
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:51 PM

nope i didn't notice ;)
too bad the BBC doesn't show anything from the Academy anymore.only people with BBCi get it :sad: lucky bastards
I want to see more of Alex :angel:

i guess Paris will win, though i really don't like him.he seems full of himself, but he's a good singer (though i don't like his genre)

oh btw i read that Barry won't sing on wednesday.so i think he'll stay.not sure

rightous
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Really like Simone, Alex and Carolynne.

Monica_Rules
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Paris really annoyes meall he does is start singing in a womans voice and he can't do it.Some men can
like Daniel Bedingfield but Paris can't it sounds awful!

Believe me i do know a thing or two about singins since i've been doing it since i was 4

Princess Fiona
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:23 PM
:wavey: everyone

kitty, I'm sorry you can't see anything from the Academy... :sad: It really sucks!! (BBC ARE YOU LISTENING??? :mad: ) I think there are highlights on Children's BBC... I saw Audley interviewed on BBC Three yesterday - he seems like a very nice guy... He said his best friend in the Academy was James... Lorna gave a little interview too!! And you want to see more of Alex? ;) Audley had very nice things to say about her - she's one of his favourites to win!! :bounce:

Carolynne - I thought she was very good on Saturday!! Simone too... (I thought her version of "Midnight Train To Georgia" was just amazing - I was surprised she needed the student vote to get through... )

Monica_Rules, maybe you can audition for Fame Academy one day? Do it for Wales... ;)

That's right, Barry is not singing on Wednesday!! The 'thread favourite' ;) Paris will be there of course... :)

Cersei
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Nick is out.ah well he wasn't good anyway.
Paris was one of the last 3? that was fun lol
Simone gave me the giggles.jeez i didn't like her performance at all :(

Alex through.so far so good :) you go girl!!!
Peter was fun again, but i'd like it if he did something else on saturday
Lorna is sweet.i hope she can stay on the show for a while.she's getting better :)

DutchieGirl
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:19 AM
oh great - another show they'll probably try to copy in Australia! :rolleyes: We just got "pop Idol" - cleverly disguised as "Australian Idol" here! ;)

rightous
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Does anyone else think it was wierd that most of the black singers didn't get in??????

Really liking Lorna at the moment, really happy that Nick is gone (how creepy was he), he's be happy that he can put his trench coat on as the new school term is starting!!!!lol Oh Alex and Peter r cool as well as Carolynne, get PARIS and LOUISE out now.

Princess Fiona
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Nick out... And Paris bottom three!! OMG... :eek: (I knew he'd be saved by Richard Park who is sometimes nasty to the students :fiery: and the others... ) I thought Simone had a difficult song to sing last night... That note!!

*my voice croaks*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAH!!

;)

I am still with Alex and Peter all the way!! I also like Lorna... :) And I think Alistair seems quite sweet...

As for the black students - I liked Audley and I was sorry to see him leave last week. I wasn't sorry to see Nick leave yesterday!! (I apologise to Nick if he is reading!! And to Nick fans... *blush* ;) )

Aah, maybe Australia will one day be addicted to the Fame Academy... ;)

Cersei
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I am still with Alex and Peter all the way!! I also like Lorna... :) And I think Alistair seems quite sweet...

same here ;)

i kinda think Richard Park is funny lol, but then again, i'm a weirdo

about the black students not getting in.i dont know.Ladonna was quite good, but well it's the people with the most votes that get in

controlfreak
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Well, I have to confess - I take back everything I said about Fame Academy. In the space of an hour I have been transformed from a dismissive snob into a bona-fide addict. I caught up with that show on BBC3 that recaps the whole week's action, and I loved it. The key was seeing the auditions for getting into the Academy. I was able to judge all the participants on the basis of 10-second clips of their songs, and now I can wallow in my shallowness as I follow their trials and tribulations each week.
Fiona, I with you 100% on the Alex thing - she's without a doubt the star of the show. In the interview she sounded like she was stoned or something. Very funky.
Out of the rest of them I think Paris is a hoot; Peter is pretty crrrazy, but could get boring; James is solid if slightly reminiscent of Cliff Richard; and Barry is a good if somewhat limited singer. I have to say I don't like any of the other girls in there, except possibly the one who looks like Kylie (that's obviously why they kept her in). I thought a lot of better people got rejected at the auditions.
And man, that Carrie Grant - Phwoarrr! She can float my boat any day of the week! :hearts: :kiss: :D

sunnysideup
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:30 AM
:wavey: everyone :)

Monica_Rules, I hear that James is from Bargoed... http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/tennis/gb-cymwink.gif :D

Jonathan, I saw "Pop Idol" too!! I taped it to watch after "Fame Academy" (yes, I love these shows *siiigh* ;) ). Louise was in the bottom three in FA this week but was saved by the teachers!! Whaaat? Whoooooo said 'shallow'? *cupping my ear* ;) She is beautiful with very nice cheekbones... With "Pop Idol"? (I'm more into FA at the moment... :p But I forgive you!! ;) ) I couldn't believe that man who sang "Eye of the Tiger" either!! Awww... I mean, did he do it in a serious way? Was he the man with the maths degree? And that girl from Liverpool - wow!! She was LOOOOOOUD... :D

sunnysideup - David Sneddon had a number one single in this country ("Stop Living The Lie") and I think his album went to number one... He has a new single coming out and I think it's a bit 'rocky'!! Sinéad Quinn had a big hit single with "I Can't Break Down" but since then she hasn't been doing so well in the charts (her album entered the UK charts at number 48). Lemar has a single out and it's getting a lot of airplay - it looks like it will be a 'big' single!! Ainslie had a single out earlier in the year and Malachi had an album - I don't know about the others from last year...

thanks...I really thought they're great singers.:kiss:

Princess Fiona
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Nooooo!! :sad: Lorna out... :sad: Nooooo!! I loved the top she was wearing... :sad: I thought she was good!! :sad: Again, NOOOOOOO!! :saaaaaaaaaaaaaad:

*taking deep breath* ;)

Best of luck with your future my fellow Celt chica... :)

My faves are Alex and Peter (as I have said before - moi, predictable? *cough* ;) ) and then I have Alistair... I think he seems very sweet!! (I'm not sure if I have a little bit of a 'crush' on him!! I will get back to you here... )

Jonathan, Louise is still in the competition!! But she's not proving as popular with the voters as some of the other students - she's been 'bottom three' on two occasions!! She's needed the teachers to save her on both of those occasions... I feel a little sorry for her because she's not really getting the votes from the public... (I know, she is beautiful and talented and has this gorgeous millionaire motor racing boyfriend - I do NOT feel too sorry for her here!! *cough* :angel: :D )

sunnysideup, you are welcome... :kiss:

controlfreak, who do you think should have been in the Academy that was rejected at auditions? I thought Ladonna was very good...

Richard Park is okay sometimes but sometimes I think he is too nasty!! He doesn't seem to like Alistair or Gary at all (and he didn't like Nick) - hmmm... (And the teachers do not seem to like each other sometimes!! *blush* :p )

I was watching the exercise class before I went out yesterday morning!! Paris did not participate... After watching what I did, I do not blame him!! THAT exercise (:eek: to THAT word!!) at THAT time of the morning?!!!

this reminds me, I must go to the gym again - one day... *groooan* ;)

Go Alex!! Go Peter!! Good luck with your future Lornaaaaa!!

Cersei
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Lorna :sad:
it should have been Louise :mad: , Lorna was getting better, what's so special about Louise anyway?her voice isn't special, her looks ain't special either...i dont get it :rolleyes:

ahh well.i still have Alex :drool: :hearts: :worship: and Peter :bounce: :worship:

Pdm1987
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Carolynne to win :)

I'm not suprised Lorna went out today, it was between her and Gary, in my opinion.

I wish they would hurry up and get rid of Paris, I can't stand him :mad: :mad: It just makes me mad thinking about him!!! I hope he goes on Wednesday! The sooner the better ;)

Monica_Rules
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:31 PM
OMG what a farce tonight!

Alistair,Gary and Peter should have had the leats amount of votes.Peter was the worst and Gary and Alistair were boring.What the hell was Carrie on about saying Alistair was better than James?James was clearly more interesting and better.Even though the song was a bit :o.

Alex was great again!

Paris:mad: Get him out now!

Why was Simone on the final 3 thing she was great as was Lousie.Lorna wasn't too bad either.

Fame academny will be a farce again this year and it will become a popularity contest not the best singer winning!

Nicoleke
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:47 PM
I'm really happy, the french " Fame academy " called " Star academy " is back for the third edition on the 30 th of august 2003 :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Kart
Aug 17th, 2003, 02:22 AM
OMG I finally watched this series. I felt a bit sorry for Lorna as she wasn't that bad - she wasn't that good either though.

My hatred for the general public returns ... how could they have kept all the boys in ????????? Some of them were awful :(. Every girl I saw was better than Peter, Gary and James - except maybe Alex :rolleyes:. I didn't think much of Louise but she could hold a few notes.

The only two I didn't see were the first two so I'm supporting them to win as the rest were awful except that girl who they told had a good voice but bad taste in clothes.

Is it just me or are they being more offensive this year (the teachers that is) ?

It's going to be another David Sneddon that wins :(. Let's hope whoever it is, they can celebrate with a bit more dignity :mad:.

Still, vocal coach Carrie :hearts:.

raquel
Aug 17th, 2003, 02:51 AM
I am so sad that my fellow Glasgow girl Lorna was evicted :sad:

In my opinion Louise is being kept in by the teachers all the time because her realtionship with Jenson Button and good looks = publicity and tabloid coverage and therefore ratings.

Lorna can sing 100 times better than Louise :sad:

I really fancy Gary badly :o but that's another thing altogether!

Alex is clear favourite to win already, but I think her confidence might turn into arrogance and the public could turn on her like that Javine girl from Popstars last year.

Princess Fiona
Aug 17th, 2003, 01:22 PM
I saw that Lorna was a little nervous last night (and understandable, I could not put myself through this!!) but I really liked her performance!! I voted for her for the first time last night - I voted for Alex and Peter too... (NOT the first time I have voted for them!! ;) ) What got me a little bit was the judges saying that her style was more for the theatre - okay, I understand that her training was more 'stage' but wasn't she in the Academy to have more development? Hmmm... :( I had hoped that Richard Park would try save her but no... Gaaaah!! :sad: *bitter* ;) I wish her so much luck for her future... The American Idol 2 judges (well, Mister Cowell *grrr* ;) ) said that Clay Aiken was too 'Broadway' and he came second!! And went on to have the number one single in the USA... :)

I hope that the public stay with Alex - she is fantastic... But I've a feeling that one of the males will win - I think it will be Alistair, Gary or James!! David Sneddon is supporting Alistair - maybe the BBC will not want someone who is quite similar to Mister Sneddon (gentle guitar strumming male) to win this year? Hmmm... ;) And I'm STILL not sure if I have a crush on Alistair... ;)

And the people in this thread who are in love with Carrie Grant!! Aaah, maybe I shouldn't have let my red hair grow out!! *cough* ;)

Nicky!! I hope you had a great time in Amsterdam... :D

Sean
Aug 17th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Why is everyone baggin' on Paris the guys is a star he got that D'Angelo vibe. Though I do think he is way too arrogant to win.

Alex is the best overall i think. :D

As for Peter that guy is a complete phoney. He is a cheap imitation of Damon Albarn. Get him out

Monica_Rules
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:37 PM
I know that Paris and Alex are probably the best 2 but Paris is NOT as good as the judges make him out to be.His version of waterfalls was good but bland.And was basically just a repeat of whatever song he sung last time.

Peter is going the same way whatever happens he'll go far.Even though he is the worst one there now.

Alex is so original whatever song she sings she puts so much emotion into it.You can already hear the improvemnt in her vocals that were already amazing.

Have to say i thought Lousie was not being voted for because she is Jensen Buttons girlfriend but that girl can sing.

controlfreak
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I'm STILL not sure if I have a crush on Alistair... ;)

Better make up your mind quick cos he seems to have eyes for Alex... although I read somewhere that she's meant to be a lesbian - so I guess I'm scuppered... I can't believe I missed her singing one of my favourite songs last night!

raquel
Aug 17th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Better make up your mind quick cos he seems to have eyes for Alex... although I read somewhere that she's meant to be a lesbian - so I guess I'm scuppered... I can't believe I missed her singing one of my favourite songs last night!
Alex is a lesbian, she told them all in the house one night.

Princess Fiona
Aug 17th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Yes, Alex is lesbian... And Alistair has a girlfriend anyway!! He seems to love her very much... *siiigh* :)

*using this post to stick up for Peter too* ;)

Cersei
Aug 20th, 2003, 11:56 AM
another showdown tonight.who do you think will go?

controlfreak
Aug 20th, 2003, 01:48 PM
I think the bottom three tonight will be Gary, Carolynne and Simone. Gary will be saved by the judges and Simone by the students.

I would like the bottom three to be Louise, Carolynne and Barry, with Carolynne losing :angel:

Cersei
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:35 PM
I think the bottom three tonight will be Gary, Carolynne and Simone. Gary will be saved by the judges and Simone by the students.

I would like the bottom three to be Louise, Carolynne and Barry, with Carolynne losing :angel:

that would be sweet :lol:
ahhh Alex was just phwoar amazing :worship:
Peter hmmm could have done better i guess...

just a few more minutes and we'll know who's gone :eek: ;)

controlfreak
Aug 21st, 2003, 01:46 AM
2 out of 3 ain't bad... I'm unhappy to see Gary go though. :sad:

I thought Simone (Out of Reach) struggled with enunciation, Louise (I'll Stand By You/Yo/Yow/Yao/Yau) was inventive with pronunciation, and Carolynne simply murdered a bad version of an average song (Just Like A Pill).

Obviously the standouts were Alex with Yellow and Peter with Last Nite - I also thought Barry's version of With A Little Help From My Friends was quite excellent; the rest of the performances were ok but nothing special.

Next out? Carolynne - puhlease, for God's sake, get her out! :)

Princess Fiona
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:51 PM
<rant> HELLO JUDGES!! WHYYYYYY DO YOU KEEP ON SAVING LOUISE?

:confused: *wondering*
;) ;)

</rant>

I didn't think that Louise's performance was so great last night - I don't know why the judges are saving her like this!! I'm sure she's a nice girl but surely the judges can see that she's not so popular which is why she's bottom three regular? Aargh... :banghead: It can't be very good for her confidence... And poor Simone! I prefer Simone to Louise - I feel sorry for Simone being another bottom three regular... Hmm, maybe I will vote for Simone next time... :) She seems like a sweet girl!!

I have an announcement to make *clears throat* - I am in LOOOOVE with Alistair!! :hearts: :D :hearts: *blush* ;) Alistair to do well please!! :yeah: ;)

With Carolynne - I haven't really seen too much of the interactive coverage but I hear she hasn't been so nice to some of the people? Nick and Lorna weren't so complimentary about her in the interviews after the show - Lorna mentioned her surprise that Carolynne acted in a way that was a little 'two faced'. And Barry is having a hard time from Carolynne, so I hear... I don't have a problem with Carolynne's voice but if she's not being such a nice person... I agree, Carolynne out!! ;)

Alex was great last night... :) Just fantastic!! And what did you think of the argument between Richard Park and Patrick Kielty? Wowwww... :eek: ;) I will miss Gary too...

Princess Fiona
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:23 PM
still addicted...

;)

I have just seen tonight's show :yeah: - some fantastic performances!! Alex was great (as usual :D ) and Peter was great and I thought some others were very good... (And there was Alistair!! :hearts: He was great too!! ;) )

I wonder who is going to go - I hope Barry doesn't go as I feel sorry for him. I really don't like the fact that some of the students have not been so nice to him...

:bounce:

Monica_Rules
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:21 PM
So Simone went:rolleyes:

I'm sorry i know Peter is individual and all but tonight he was the worst ever.He was totally out of tune.

The bottom three should have been

Peter,Barry and Lousie

Barry was totally crap but stayed because of who watches the programme.Louise just looked and sounded like a regect off Eurovison.

Carolynne was brilliant and she was in the final 2:mad:

controlfreak
Aug 23rd, 2003, 11:02 PM
Peter really rocked my socks off in the vocal coaching session. I thought Alex might struggle tonight but instead she blew me away with a real star performance. It was great to see her out having fun at the Kerrang awards too - she is actually a lot more photogenic than her picture on the website suggests. Paris is getting lazy and deserved to be in the bottom three. Glad to see Barry straight through again though - the boy really has talent, even if he is having an identity crisis.
It's hard to say who should be in the final five but I stick by my opinion that Carolynne should be the next to go. I don't like the way she acts or the way she dresses. I was surprised she got so many votes tonight but maybe the students were just getting a bit tired of having to save Simone week after week.

Cersei
Aug 23rd, 2003, 11:05 PM
So Simone went:rolleyes:

I'm sorry i know Peter is individual and all but tonight he was the worst ever.He was totally out of tune.
that's true.i only saw Peter and Alex so far,
but Peter was totally out of tune.maybe he should be in the last 3, so he'll realise he has to do better

Princess Fiona
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Simone went... I liked her performance!! I feel she had quite a hard time in the Academy - I thought she had a really great voice (and still has a really great voice of course ;) ). I wish her luck with her future...

Peter? I enjoyed watching him - I always enjoy watching him!! He is still my second favourite... :) I love the energy he puts into his performances - what did Richard Park and the other judges say? It was something like A massacre, but magnificent... :)

controlfreak, I agree with you regarding Carolynne - I read how she hasn't been nice towards others and I don't like to read that at all. Maybe there was 'something' in the fact that she was bottom three... (I knew that Paris would be saved by Mister Park and people - I just knew it!!)

I think Alex is very attractive... Alistair, ohhhh... *swoons* I'm pleased Barry stayed - I'm not really a fan of his style but I think his confidence has been eroded a little and I want him to stay and really show some of those people!!

Alex was my favourite last night... :cool: (Anyone remember the Boyzone version of that song? The Alex version sounded verrrry different to THAT version.. ;) ) She's still my favourite in the Academy too!! I'm behind A. P. and A.!! :yeah:

*Izzy*
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Ahh...Alex :hearts: Be Still my beating heart.

What a fantastic voice. I like Peter too (like most people...) but Alex *swoon*

Fiona, do you post on the FA message board by any chance? I came across a post by a certain someone named Fiona H...coincidence? :)

Cersei
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Ahh...Alex :hearts: Be Still my beating heart.

What a fantastic voice. I like Peter too (like most people...) but Alex *swoon*

:lol: same here :hearts:
*swoon²*

shirley
Aug 27th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Never seen this show but I told a friend ;) that I'd root for Alistair to win. So I'm here to pledge my support for Alistair.

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/72e088ad2549f84a2973bc1e3c8edc73.png

there you go Fiona! The Shirley-Support :D

Cersei
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:43 PM
hmmmm *cough* i don't really like Alistair much.nothing special about him

*hides before she gets her ass kicked*

Princess Fiona
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!! :wavey: How are you fellow Bronzer? (Yes, still a Bronzer... *displaying "Bronzer 4 ever" T-shirt* ;) ) You have very good taste... :D No, I don't post on the Fame Academy board - there IS a Fame Academy board? *eyes light up* :bounce: I'll be there... ;)

Never seen this show but I told a friend ;) that I'd root for Alistair to win. So I'm here to pledge my support for Alistair.

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/72e088ad2549f84a2973bc1e3c8edc73.png

there you go Fiona! The Shirley-Support :D

Awwww... *feeling emotional* :) Shirley... :hug: :)

kitty, you don't have to hide - it is okay!! Gooo Alex!! ;) I can't wait until Saturday - I missed watching the show yesterday...

*swoooon* ;)

controlfreak
Aug 28th, 2003, 09:28 PM
I've been watching a bit too much FA recently. Paris is really starting to get on my nerves. Than man just loves the sound of his own voice far too much. Meanwhile Carolynne is practicing hard on an absolute massacre of Shakira's Underneath Your Clothes. Tragic. I am starting to like Louise more and more each day. She seems to have a very nice personality. All the other students are in my good books so that makes six faves to go into the final five. I think a lot could change on Saturday because from what I've seen there will be quite a lot of bad songs being sung badly. Alistair's yellow trousers might be the only plus point of the night, if he even wears them. I must also confess that one of the reasons I've hardly missed a show is my feelings for the wonderful Claudia Winkleman - *swoon* (as Fiona would say). Show me a home where Claudia, Carrie, Alex, Louise and I roam, and I will show you a very happy fellow!

Monica_Rules
Aug 28th, 2003, 09:42 PM
What happened to the show on wednesday?

Lapin
Aug 29th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Don't worry, you didn't miss anything, the shows are only once a week now on Saturdays!

BTW, my vote is for Peter or Alex to win! I love Peter's performances, he's so entertaining, and Alex has such a fantastic voice! :yeah: Alistair's quite nice, but James is bugging me now because he seems to be getting a bit arrogant, he's always going on about how he thinks he's the most talented and will win it! :rolleyes: I think Alex and Carolynne's song should have won the vote to be recorded and sung on Saturday's show; anyone else? ;)

Princess Fiona
Aug 29th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I must admit that I have not seen any of the action on BBCi this week... *blush* I have been so addicted to the US Open, making the use of Sky Sports and the choice of the five matches... (I did not have Sky Sports for years so I am making up for it... ;) ) But I have to balance this!! I cannot go without Fame Academy like this... :eek: *shocked* Lapin - I saw James on Saturday (after the Saturday show last week!) and then he was saying (to Alistair *swooon* ;) ) how much he wants to win etc etc... He is still saying those things? Hmmmm...

I think Claudia Winkleman has lovely hair - I would like to have hair like that... :) controlfreak, I think there should be a contest for someone to win a day in the Academy!! We'll FIX it for you to win... :secret: :D

I didn't see the Carolynne and Alex song or anything... Aargh. Again, this is NOT good enough from me... *sighing* I'll have to catch up with the "Fame Academy Remixed" show at the weekend... :)

(And what's this - Alistair in yellow trousers? :bounce: :bounce: *VERY much looking forward to Saturday* ;) Okay, composure Fiona... ;) )

*Izzy*
Aug 29th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Fioooonnaaaaaaaa! :wavey:

You know, I should in fact be a silver-er (wearing silver-er 4 Ever T-shirt) but it hasn't been changed yet. You'll have to catch up! :p

If it makes you like Alex any more, I was watching just now and she was wearing a Depeche Mode tour t-shirt. The girl has taste. :cool:

shirley
Aug 29th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!! :wavey: How are you fellow Bronzer? (Yes, still a Bronzer... *displaying "Bronzer 4 ever" T-shirt* ;) ) You have very good taste... :D No, I don't post on the Fame Academy board - there IS a Fame Academy board? *eyes light up* :bounce: I'll be there... ;)

Awwww... *feeling emotional* :) Shirley... :hug: :)

kitty, you don't have to hide - it is okay!! Gooo Alex!! ;) I can't wait until Saturday - I missed watching the show yesterday...

*swoooon* ;)

Aww :hug: I'm glad that you liked the smilie :D

Cersei
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:09 PM
phu they asked Alex to change her performance to the song she'll sing tomorrow "tainted love"...because it was....too sexy... :rolleyes:

Princess Fiona
Aug 30th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Izzzzy... :bounce: I have missed you on the board!! I hope you are well... :) You are silver... Waaaah!! *cries* I want to be silver tooooo... *sniff* I will just have to catch up, yes!! That means, MORE time on the Internet for me!! :bounce: :D ;) Congrats to you dear Silver-er!! :)

Shirley... :) *looking at the smilie again* ;)

I can't wait to see Alex sing "Tainted Love" tonight... They've made her change the performance? And Alex was wearing a Depeche Mode T-shirt? Oh my God... How good IS this girl? :hearts: :D I am wearing my Exciter T-shirt today btw!! I'll just have to give her a vote tonight now... ;)

I am listening to the Fame Academy Bee Gees album!! Atm Alistair is singing "To Love Somebody"... :)

Cersei
Aug 31st, 2003, 12:27 PM
:lol: Alex didn't change her performance much after all :bounce: http://www.my-smileys.de/fies_sei.gif
loved it :angel:

Peter didn't deserve to be in the last 3.should have been barry or mister "i'm gonna win and i'm the best" James instead.
please James out next week :devil:

controlfreak
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:12 PM
I am beginning to think that Barry should win Fame Academy, simply because the rest of them have all got enough talent to succeed on their own. Barry is the only one who really needs it. Even if he became a one hit wonder and vanished into obscurity after a year, he would still have the house and the car, whereas the other students all have the potential to sell enough records to buy many houses and many cars.

I'm not saying Alex isn't my favourite, and I'm not saying I'm going to be voting for Barry, I've just decided that logically, it makes most sense for him to win. Plus, it would be scandalous, which would make him even more popular with the record-buying public.

spudrsca
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:17 PM
I just want to say I like Richard and how he's bashing the students :worship: :worship: :lol: :lol:

Princess Fiona
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:18 PM
I agree, Alex was sooooo good last night... Peter and Alistair in the bottom three!! :eek:
:mad: :banghead: :fiery: :( :sad: :confused: :scratch:
I totally, like, HATED this!! You mean, you have not guessed? *cough* ;) I wasn't really a Louise fan but I quite liked her performance last night... I quite liked her performance last week too... Peter and Alistair SURVIVE!! *sigh of relief* ;)

And James... If his head gets any bigger he will need new hats to fit him!! I know you have to be confident in this industry but maybe I just see it as arrogance... It is hard to be 'confident' and not arrogant sometimes I think!! Anyway, I agree... James out... :angel: I apologise to my fellow Welsh!! *blush* ;)

Princess Fiona
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:32 PM
I didn't actually think that Barry was that bad!! I thought the judges were a little harsh... I didn't think that the video clips of Barry and James before their performances were too 'flattering' (I'm the best etc etc blah blaaaah!!) but they ARE getting votes... Hmmm... I like the fact that Barry has only had 8 months (??) singing experience and is up there singing with people who've done so much more... So I see what you mean controlfreak. :)

Richard Park - I don't know, he's not really to my liking sometimes... :tape: ;)

I absolutely loved Peter last night - bottom three!! BOTTOM THREE!! Tssssch... *swearing* :fiery: :fiery: ;)

Cersei
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:36 PM
I just want to say I like Richard and how he's bashing the students :worship: :worship: :lol: :lol:
:lol: i love that too :worship: the show wouldn't be the same without him :devil:

Lapin
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I was shocked Peter was in the bottom three too :eek: ; I liked his performance :D, and I don't think Alistair deserved to be in the last three either. What's going on with the voting?? :scratch: Barry seems a nice enough guy, but really should have been in the last three, but I guess he has the whole of Ireland voting for him every week, and James presumably has the whole of Wales voting for him..... (Arrgghh!! He's so arrogant!! :( ;) ) Louise was OK, but I'm not sure she was the worst; everyone else was OK too I suppose ;) , except Alex of course, who was brilliant as usual!! :D

controlfreak
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:29 AM
I think the public voters have been led down the one trick pony path regarding Peter... and whose fault is that? The teachers and the show's producers. They clearly don't want him to win. Have you noticed the bias that goes into every one of their shows? What I mean is how they keep going on about how Peter doesn't "sing", or how Louise has been struggling with her high notes, or how James is getting cocky. All these things are blown out of proportion in order to get these students voted off the show. Meanwhile the only news they have on the Alex front is that she's having a crisis because she's scared of winning - which, along with the barrage of subtle hints from Richard, Carrie, Claudia and the rest of the team, will cause the public to flood her phone lines once again. Which is fine by me, cos she's amazing, but I just wanted to point out how very fixed the show is - I bet the students still inside have no idea which of their bits have been used to tell the public who to vote for, and which have ended up on the cutting room floor. It's scandalous.

Princess Fiona
Sep 1st, 2003, 03:51 PM
Barry seems a nice enough guy, but really should have been in the last three, but I guess he has the whole of Ireland voting for him every week, and James presumably has the whole of Wales voting for him..... (Arrgghh!! He's so arrogant!! :( ;) )

Here's someone in Wales who is not voting for the J-man!! I will have to see who else is voting for James in my country... Hmmm, how can I make them SEE the A(lex)P(eter)A(listair) way? :sad: lol... ;)

controlfreak, I don't think the people behind this show would mind Peter winning so much - Richard Park is a big fan (and he is NOTORIOUSLY hard to please... ;) ) and the other judges have all been positive... And Louise - she was saved by the judges on three occasions!! I think they would be v. much against a Barry victory or a James victory...

Maxine
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:54 PM
I love this year's FA! :D I have been watching it a little too much on BBCi though :o

Anyway here is how I see the contestants

Peter - quirky, fun, cute as a button and my favourite :kiss:

Paris - lots of sex appeal :drool: , great voice, he will do very well from FA

Alex :angel: - really unique voice, she reminds me a bit of Sinead O'Connor, she will be a star after the show whether she wins or loses

Carolynne - has a good voice but she does not stand out enough to be a real star, she is too bland and they are trying to create a different image every week but nothing's working :rolleyes:

Barry - truly frightening. When he sings a love song, looking at the camera with those eyes and those teeth :eek: How does he survive every week?!

James :zzz: - he is very arrogant, believing he can actually win :lol: They keep calling him a pub singer and they are right

Alastair - :) A really nice guy. He is not my favourite but I want him to do well. And he can come wash my windows any day :p

Princess Fiona
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Maxine!! :wavey: Good post... :cool: (As always... :) )

Alastair - :) A really nice guy. He is not my favourite but I want him to do well. And he can come wash my windows any day :p

Oh, the A-man... *swoooon* ;) He can come wash my windows any day as well!! (If the singing career doesn't work out Mister Griffin... ;) )

*Izzy*
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:33 PM
I really like Peter's Suicide song he sang the other day.

*must stop permanently watching live feed* :eek:

Halardfan
Sep 4th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Ive not seen every edition of the show...but the one who stands out for me is...

Alex!

She's a bit different, unusual, has a strong voice, is cute...plus she has funky hair. :)

I have to admit to not being keen on James...he reminds me so much of Darren Day, that its an impression I just can't shift...not his fault I know, but its awkward when somone remins you of someone you really dislike, its impossible to get that person out of your head.

Princess Fiona
Sep 7th, 2003, 06:39 PM
I have just finished watching FA for this week!! Who will go? You decide... ;) (Err, wrong show? :rolleyes: *cough* ;) ) I have a little bit of a headache so I couldn't appreciate it fully... :sad: I fear my baby Alistair is in trouble... :sad: Nooooo!! I will sink into a deep and desperate trauma if my baby Alistair goes tonight... *sniiiiiiff* ;)

I was considering voting for Peter but I didn't think that his "your breath smells" comments to Alex were so nice!! I see they have made up... Hmmmm... *searching my conscience* :)

Chris - I know what you mean with James and Darren Day!! Ugh!! Did you hear that Darren Day is now dating Suzanne who used to be in Hear'Say?

:bounce:

controlfreak
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:00 PM
:wavey: My thoughts on 2nite:

James - kind of boring, didn't think the song suited him. 5/10
Barry - great vocals, but he just stood there like a tree. 6/10
Alex - great performance as usual, seen better from her though. 8/10
Alistair - very solid performance, unfairly criticised by the judges. 8/10
Carolynne - some strong vocals but not enough "flow" or emotion. 7/10
Peter - did an ok job with a nothing song, gestures were a bit cheesy though. 6/10
Paris - nice calm performance but couldn't resist some ear-piercing wails towards the end. 5/10

So on the basis of that either Paris or James should go. But in the big picture I think James and Barry should go to leave the Final Five.

Princess Fiona
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:15 PM
:wavey: :)

I didn't see all of the Paris performance but I didn't hear any boos from the audience (unless I am losing my hearing as well as having this headache :sad: ;) ) so I assume he got a good response from the judges... :) I'm not really a Barry fan but I'm pleased the judges were positive towards him!! (With the exception of R. Park) Alex, hmmm... I think she's absolutely fantastic but I'm not a fan of that song... But she was fantastic, yes :)

I thought Carolynne looked really good - I loved the skirt she was wearing!! I would love to get a skirt like that...

Cilla
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM
I actually got into FA today. Alex & Peter's 'Baby it's cold....' duet was great :yeah:

I think Alistair, Barry & James will be in the bottom 3. I hope Barry goes :o He stood there like a statue today :o

controlfreak
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Lol, for a moment there I thought you meant you had "got into" the academy as in being there for the show... then I realised you wouldn't be posting here if you had. me = :retard:

Cersei
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:24 PM
I actually got into FA today. Alex & Peter's 'Baby it's cold....' duet was great :yeah:

I think Alistair, Barry & James will be in the bottom 3. I hope Barry goes :o He stood there like a statue today :o
:lol: you're good.only got Alistair wrong

anyway wasn't impressed tonight.not many good performances really :confused:
Alex should have done a different U2 song, but ah well it isn't up to her really.

still hope that james is out soon.
the duet was fun :worship: :lol:
wasn't impressed by Alistairs song :)

Monica_Rules
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Who went out?

Cilla
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Lol, for a moment there I thought you meant you had "got into" the academy as in being there for the show... then I realised you wouldn't be posting here if you had. me = :retard:

LOL! Unfortunately for me, I don't have the talent for that :p

Barry got voted out by the students-4 votes to keep James in and only 1 for Barry. The teachers voted to keep Paris in (again!)

you're good.only got Alistair wrong
lol, 2 out of 3 aint bad :p

wasn't impressed by Alistairs song
The one he peformed with James? Or the other one? Yeah, I agree about Alex's song. A lot of the songs the students sang wern't right for them, especially Paris' 'More than words' :o

Cersei
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:11 PM
The one he peformed with James? Or the other one? Yeah, I agree about Alex's song. A lot of the songs the students sang wern't right for them, especially Paris' 'More than words' :o

yup the one he performed with James

Monica_Rules
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Glad Barry went he was sooooo out of his league.

Peter must go next:mad:

Alex to win:bounce:

cooolconchita
Sep 8th, 2003, 04:02 PM
I prefer the highlights of whats happening inside the academy rather than the live shows.

I want Carolynne to win as I personally think she has the best voice, although i also really like watching Alistair in the academy as he's entertaining, sort of guy that you would like as a friend. :D

I also despise James and his cocky, arrogant, "i'm a busker on the brink" attitude - GET HIM OUT! :tape:

Princess Fiona
Sep 8th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Alistair stayed... *preparing to search smileys for :very_relieved_indeed: smiley* ;) Barry out!! I did not think that Barry would go as he had not been bottom three before... But out he went... :bolt:

Now the US Open is over I can return to all the Fame Academy coverage!! :cool: :D :bounce:

Who will be the next to go? J-J-J... *struggling with the name* ;)

Cilla
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:05 AM
Alex, Alistair, Peter & Carolynne in the final four.

Glad Peter stayed in and the rest of the students voted James out :yeah:

Peter & Carolynne :lol: :o Doesn't Peter have a girlfriend? :o

sunnysideup
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:54 AM

How could Paris lose???? I could only watch BBC Prime, so I'm getting delayed coverage of this exciting show. Damn! I should have not looked into this thread....now I know the results.:lol: :sad:Parissss.:sad:

I still got Alex though!!!! Goooo alex!!!!:bounce:

Princess Fiona
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:03 PM

I'm guessing she'll be an ex girlfriend after that... :o How horrible for Peter's girlfriend to have to watch that... :sad:

I didn't see the first show - I wanted to see Peter sing "Friday I'm In Love" as I really like The Cure... But I saw second show!! I was a little surprised at Alistair voting to save Peter over his friend James... James was always doomed as Alex and Carolynne were definite Peter voters - I guess Alistair did what he thought was the right thing... Not a nice decision for him...

sunnysideup... :) Pretend you didn't see the final four!! :eek: Gooo Paris!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ;) I think Paris is going to be successful in the music industry... :)

Cilla
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Alex :worship:

LMAO @ the bitchiness between Richard Park and Patrick. I'm not sure whether it's staged or real (it seems geniune to me....) but it's great fun ;)

:lol: @ Peter's gf hanging up on him. He practically said to her that they wern't going out anymore & he's still getting off with Carolynne. Peter and Caro sang 'I only wanna be with you' how appropriate :p

Richard is being even more annoying than usual tonight. Either Peter or Caro will go, but it'll be close. I like Alistair as a person, but as a performer I think he's a bit dull...

Cilla
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Fiona :wavey:

Yeah, I was shocked that Alistair voted to kepp Peter instead of James :eek:

JonBcn
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Hello. I cant read the thread cos I'm watching it on BBC Prime, and we're months behind BBC1, but I just wanted to say that this series of Fame Academy is poo. Last year I really liked the teachers, and they really seemed to work with the 'students' to get the best out of them. This year the BBC seems to have told them to be as rude as possible á la 'Pop Idol', and its just a waste of time. The criticism is all insulting and not constructive. It makes me cringe.

shirley
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:53 PM
I saw Alistair sing today and I just wanna say he's lovely :inlove:

Princess Fiona
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:39 PM
:wavey: Cilla!! :wavey: to everyone... :)

I must admit I am losing a little interest in this show... :o I have had dreams about Peter for two nights this week!! I don't know how it has happened (do we have anyone who can define dreams in here? :scratch: ) but it has happened... But I don't know what's going to 'happen' to Peter this week... Will he be out? Hmmmm... I did not like "Friday I'm In Love" too much but I happen to like his performances... Okay, I'll stop babbling? :o :eek: ;) ;)

I agree, some of the judging is not nice - Richard Park!! Yes, I'm talking about YOU Mister... :fiery: *pointing* ;) It must be pretty horrible for the students...

Oh, Alistair... :inlove: Alistair Ljungberg Sista? :D :hearts: ;) I wonder how the votes will go tonight...

Martian Willow
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:35 PM
...I just saw that girl with the stupid hair murdering that Coldplay song...it reminded me of something John Peel said once about seeing Emerson Lake and Palmer live...everyone was going mad for it and he couldn't understand why...I felt the same way when I saw that...I mean I'm not a big fan of Coldplay but it's a perfectly pleasant song and doesn't deserve that kind of treatment...it was just so fucking awful it made me want to cry...thanks. :)

Cersei
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:57 PM
oi!:smash: Alex' hair rocks! thank you very much ;)

not into the show that much anymore either.still want Alex to win though. :worship:

shirley
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Yay! Alistair reached the final :inlove:

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Who went out?

Cersei
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Peter is out

Cersei
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:22 PM
yeah Alex! :bounce: :worship:

Cilla
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:26 PM
:bounce: Alex! :bounce:

She was great 2nite and a deserving winner :D

Poor old Alistair. Seems like a nice guy, but personally I think he's dull. Felt sorry for him when Daniel bedingfield dissed him :o

CondiLicious
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Alex is the lovechild of Annie Lennox and a hedgehog. I think she's great and she deserved to win :hearts:

Princess Fiona
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:53 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Congrats Alex!! :D :D :D

Daniel Bedingfield - grrrr!! I think a little more 'thought' could have gone into that comment Mister... :beware: ;) Not nice for Alistair - I'm pleased Patrick Kielty stuck up for him a little bit!! I also really like Alistair and I hope he'll have success in the future... :) Alex is fantastic and I really like her... :)

Hmmm... *thoughts of moving into the luxury flat with Alistair go out of the window* *cough* ;) Alistair, if you are reading, I am single... *voice trails off* ;) ;)

Cersei
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Hmmm... *thoughts of moving into the luxury flat with Alistair go out of the window* *cough* ;) Alistair, if you are reading, I am single... *voice trails off* ;) ;)
:lol: but he's not ;)

i'm sure Ali will get a recorddeal.. though i won't buy his albums :angel:

Princess Fiona
Oct 5th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Alistair is not single... :sobbing: Whaaaa... I'll get over it... (One day!! *sniff* ;) )

I hope Ali will get a record deal!! I think he is a real songwriting talent - I really like the song "Pass It On" (or is it "Bring It On"? Tssch, some fan I am... *cough* ;) ). I also hope that Carolynne will get a record deal - I thought she was really good last night...

Monica_Rules
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:10 PM
I'm so glad Alex won she was by far the best artisit in this years fame academy.

Well Done to her!