PDA

View Full Version : Women ONLY.... In here please.....

Bacardi
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:02 AM
I was wondering if any other women on the board have had their pap test/smear come back irregular?

I got a call a little over a week ago, saying mine came back irregular. When I called them back to see what it said, they told me it was low grade and I could have something called 'andromiliosis' (spelling?). My cousin's wife has that andro thing, and she can't ever have children. So I was scheduled to undergo a colposcopy test on Wednesday (Aug 13th) however with my 'monthly visitor' showing up I have to reschedule it. They done the same thing to my girlfriend before, but her irregular results were because they didn't scrape enough off her cervix for an adequate test.... They just had her come back to repeat her pap test. So I don't know why I need to go have a colposcopy for? At least they told me they don't think it's cancer. My gf has been trying to cheer me up, saying they probably tested wrong, but if I have anything it's like she has... Which is a few irregular cells they like to keep a close check on. Still, one can't help but be a little worried. :awww:

Has anyone else here been through anything like this?

maccardel
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:05 AM
I am not a woman but experience tells me that u need to a second opinion before u even think of moving to the next step.....good luck.

GBFH
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:02 AM
nope. but then again, I've never been to a gynecologist. I probably should think about it since my mom had ovarian cancer right around my age...hmm...

but back to your problem, I agree with dr.maccardel. get that second opinion. hope you're well :)

decemberlove
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:15 AM
bacardi, like mac says, you should really be getting a second opinion on this. pap smears arent always 100% correct.

and g, youre 21 and you havent been to a gyno :eek:

sex or no sex, you shouldve been there when you turned 18, especially with your mom having problems. girl go now!

decemberlove
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:16 AM
i promise it isnt as scary as people make it out to be

Bacardi
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:26 AM
No GBFH, it's not scary at all. The worst part for me was them checking my blood. :lol: I tend to get faint whenever they do that.

It's not bad, and you really should be making an appointment to go! It's not embarrassing, if you feel a little worried go to a woman doctor... I do. But please make an appointment soon and go, as ovarian cancer has a history of being family related. You'd much rather go now, when they can treat it and you could still have children and no serious problems then wait if you were to have it and have it spread other areas and make you really sick. So make an appointment and go. I promise you, it's not bad at all. :)

Well I'm going to go, and let them do that light test (colposcopy), it won't hurt anything and it lets them know more. However this time I'm not going the week after my period I'm going to wait 2 weeks after. Because sometimes I think your cell counts are different during the weeks.

Even if I can't have children, I'm not too worried about it. I like kids, but only the ones you can give back to their parents to take him. And if I ever decided I wanted any, I could always adopt and make a good home for a child that otherwise might not know a home.

CondiLicious
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:26 AM
I got a letter from my doctor saying I should have a smear test. But then my moms friend who is a doctor told me I needn't bother to go cos I'm a "virgin" Little does she know... haha

I probably should go but I hate doctors and I'm shy

GBFH
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Even if I can't have children, I'm not too worried about it. I like kids, but only the ones you can give back to their parents to take him. And if I ever decided I wanted any, I could always adopt and make a good home for a child that otherwise might not know a home.

Word, sister ;)
Kids = devil spawn

Yeah, I know I should've gone before now...I'm not really worried about the cancer, though. I think my mom only had it because my grandmother took those pills to prevent morning sickness while she was pregnant. And if she hadn't had cancer, I wouldn't be here. But I'll look into getting an appointment ;)

Seriously though, I hope you're alright Bacardi. You're way too young to have these kinds of problems.

DutchieGirl
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:25 AM
bacardi, like mac says, you should really be getting a second opinion on this. pap smears arent always 100% correct.

and g, youre 21 and you havent been to a gyno :eek:

sex or no sex, you shouldve been there when you turned 18, especially with your mom having problems. girl go now!

?? Fuck that shit! I'm 23 and never been to one! The doctor told me I should go for a pap test and explained what they do and I decided then and there I'm NEVER going!!!