PDA

View Full Version : I have West Nile Disease

CondiLicious
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:55 PM
but I'm not gonna die cos I have a mild form of it.

Just thought I'd share with you all that I'm diseased.

Mase
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Sorry! hope it passes soon!

Dava
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:59 PM
I hope you get well soon DIVA!

Lot of love!

Barrie_Dude
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:09 PM

Just thought I'd share with you all that I'm diseased.That is tough, but I hope you recover soon!

CondiLicious
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:09 PM
thanks :) It's not my week. There was a tornado here yesterday and it blew my boogie board away. I'm not happy about that. I have a nasty rash all on my arms and belly. I look... bad.

Dava
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Boogie board?

CondiLicious
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Boogie board?

Oh sorry! It's a body board. Kind of a mini surf board.

Dava
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Ooh surfer chick!

Bacardi
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Get well soon Diva! :wavey: :hug:

Did you catch it from a mosquito bite? I know, they've been reporting dead birds here from that, and they tell us to use Deet products.

CondiLicious
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:24 PM
West Nile Disease?

It's a virus spread to humans by mosquito bites. I got bitten a few days ago by mosquitos pretty badly. It can kill... put people in comas and cause paralysis and brain damage.

But I have a mild form of it. I just have a nasty rash, and I've thrown up a lot and I've been getting very dizzy and my glands are all swollen and just generally I feel like crap.

Dava
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:25 PM
I hope you are okay, are you going to hosipital!

irma
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:28 PM
good luck, I had no idea what it was so I checked but they say there is no medicine. can it go away again?

it said it can cause meningitis :o

BigB08822
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:29 PM
You actually have a pretty bad case of it. Most people that contract West Nile never even know they have it. A mild case usually exhibits no symptoms. Plenty of people have been infected and don't know it. You are still lucky though.

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Get well soon. I hate those damn blood drinking mosquitoes!!! Buy a bat house.

of course would the bats then get west nile? ugh.

CondiLicious
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:34 PM
You actually have a pretty bad case of it. Most people that contract West Nile never even know they have it. A mild case usually exhibits no symptoms. Plenty of people have been infected and don't know it. You are still lucky though.

Yeah but the doctor says I'll be fine in a couple more days. Considering some people can lose their sight and be brain damaged, paralysed etc I think I'm doing pretty well. Damn bugs!

Actually it was pretty funny yesterday. I had a very high temperature and whenever I have a fever I tend to hallucinate. I had one of my friends spraying my bedroom door with anti-fungal spray to kill all the "monsters" that were crawling around on it. Then I went into the living room and I saw snakes all on the floor and somebody had to catch them for me :lol:

Rocketta
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:50 PM
:sad: Get better soon. :)

jbone_0307
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM

Just thought I'd share with you all that I'm diseased.

Hey DivaMoniCaSeLeS where are u located like country, state. Because im in Louisiana and we always have bad outbreaks. Also West Nile can be transmitted from mosquito to animal. Like birds, and cows

CondiLicious
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Hey DivaMoniCaSeLeS where are u located like country, state. Because im in Louisiana and we always have bad outbreaks. Also West Nile can be transmitted from mosquito to animal. Like birds, and cows

I'm in Florida. West Palm Beach. I got bitten by mosquitos in Tampa though.

croat123
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:20 PM
i'm so sorry to here that

i'm just across florida in fort myers and we are having terrible problems with the mosquitos here. thank god for lanais!

maccardel
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:55 PM
It's a virus spread to humans by mosquito bites. I got bitten a few days ago by mosquitos pretty badly. It can kill... put people in comas and cause paralysis and brain damage.

But I have a mild form of it. I just have a nasty rash, and I've thrown up a lot and I've been getting very dizzy and my glands are all swollen and just generally I feel like crap.

OOOOH that is sad.....hope u get better soon......where do u live cos my cousin lives in florida and there was a tornado in his area and he hasn't called and his mom is like worried for him and the kids......

Hope u fully recover.....

CondiLicious
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:11 AM
OOOOH that is sad.....hope u get better soon......where do u live cos my cousin lives in florida and there was a tornado in his area and he hasn't called and his mom is like worried for him and the kids......

Hope u fully recover.....

I live in West Palm Beach. I saw the tornado from my apartment. It didn't quite touch us though but it got within a couple of miles. It ran right from Jupiter to West Palm I think before heading out to the ocean.

There were no deaths and only minor injuries I think. And unless he lives in a trailer park he'll be fine.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Sad news again :sad: ... Hope you feel better very very soon Diva :kiss:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Diva Monica Seles wrote:
Yeah but the doctor says I'll be fine in a couple more days. Considering some people can lose their sight and be brain damaged, paralysed etc I think I'm doing pretty well. Damn bugs!

I thought it was Lyme disease that could do those horrible things to you. Everything I've read mentioned that the vasy majority of West Nile cases were milder than your symptoms, but our health nannies try to frighten us to death....

CondiLicious
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Diva Monica Seles wrote:

I thought it was Lyme disease that could do those horrible things to you. Everything I've read mentioned that the vasy majority of West Nile cases were milder than your symptoms, but our health nannies try to frighten us to death....

dunno what Lyme disease is. I didn't know much about West Nile Disease/virus until I was told I have it.

west nile info (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/qa/symptoms.htm)

I'm actually feeling worse rather than better... My temperature is 101. I should go to bed but as I mentioned in a previous post I tend to hallucinate when I have a fever and concentrating on the computer screen is keeping me from seeing monsters :lol: My temperature was just over 99 this morning :(

Richie77
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Hope you get better soon, Diva :kiss:

splat
Aug 9th, 2003, 04:47 AM
I got it too! I'm glad to meet a fellow sufferer. They didn't even bother recording my case though because it was so mild. I had a bad sore throat with swollen glands around my neck, and a rash all over my body. Oh, and a pretty bad headache on top. It got better after about a week or two though. The good news is that now we're both immune for the rest of our lives!

Ting
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Get well soon!!!:wavey:

I got bitten by a mosquito the other day and there was soon a swelling on my arm like an egg, it really scared me but it went away today.

bis2806
Aug 9th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Get well soon, diva :) stay healthy...

CondiLicious
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:39 PM
:) thanks everyone who wished me to get well. I felt very bad last night... I couldn't sleep but today I feel almost back to normal.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Aug 10th, 2003, 03:22 AM
Diva:

Lyme disease is a horrible tick-borne disease that can cause arthritis and (if left untreated) blindness and heart problems.

I actually got bitten by a tick this spring, but it takes several hours before the tick can give you enough spirochetes to make you sick.

Chance
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:35 AM
DivaMonicaSeles & Splat : Hope both of you are feeling better :)