PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to take over my job.

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 8th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Hi PAW players,

I am sorry to let you know that I will not be able to organise the scoring points for PAW matches any more. It may seem like a not too difficult task, but it has made me lack sleep, become sick and struggle in my homework. Furthermore, running the PAW website is a lot of work, especially when I am doing it all manually.

So, I am searching for someone who can do the scoring points for each match. Marcobarella can do it if he wants, or somebody else can. I am willing to help out anyone out who wishes to pursue my job.

I will finish off the tournaments in Helsinki and Los Angeles, then I will only become a player.

Yours sincerely,
SpikeyAidanm

aussie_stars
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:52 AM
I can do it Spikey.

or if you still wanted to stay involved, maybe you could do 1 event and i do the other. this will make it less work for you.

marcobarella
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:05 PM
I can do it Spikey.

or if you still wanted to stay involved, maybe you could do 1 event and i do the other. this will make it less work for you.

Hello aussie_stars,
what do you want to do?
We must organise ourselves for Toronto.
I think that the best way it's a one person that take the responsability now!
The person who want to take this must be very precise and punctual

azza
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:17 PM
I will do it im on holidya and have alot of time i alaso have alot of time when im at home to :)

marcobarella
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:31 PM
I will do it im on holidya and have alot of time i alaso have alot of time when im at home to :)

Hello Azza,
but why when you write you make a lot of mistakes also in your language?

marcobarella
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:33 PM
I asked to Spikey to give me an example to calculate the scoring points.
Surely I will read the answer and then, I will calculate the scoring points for each match.
But all players must agree and choose one person.

azza
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Oh noo.. my language is good i was just typing very fast so no other perosn would say they want to do it :p

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't mind just doing one tournament a week, but two is too much.

azza
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:39 AM
:bounce:

Elisse
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Spikey, sad to hear that you may not be co-running the game anymore, especially as PAW was starting to run really smoothly again - but I understand that it must take up a lot of time!!!
When Simon decided to take a break, I suggested to him at the time that maybe it would be easier and less time consuming if the game was run by a team of four rather than just one or two people. With two running a tournament between them, then having a break for week while the other two take over and then back again! (LOL, I hope that made sense! :p )

Anyway, if you need another volunteer, I'd be more than happy to help!!! :D :wavey:

btw - Perhaps it would be a good idea to mention this in the main PAW threads as I'm sure that there are also a lot of other posters who have played the game for a long time who would also like to put there names forward. (I don't think that many of the other players come over here often) Then, if a lot of people volunteer, maybe put it to a vote? Anyway, it's just a suggestion!! :)

marcobarella
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Spikey, sad to hear that you may not be co-running the game anymore, especially as PAW was starting to run really smoothly again - but I understand that it must take up a lot of time!!!
When Simon decided to take a break, I suggested to him at the time that maybe it would be easier and less time consuming if the game was run by a team of four rather than just one or two people. With two running a tournament between them, then having a break for week while the other two take over and then back again! (LOL, I hope that made sense! :p )

Anyway, if you need another volunteer, I'd be more than happy to help!!! :D :wavey:

btw - Perhaps it would be a good idea to mention this in the main PAW threads as I'm sure that there are also a lot of other posters who have played the game for a long time who would also like to put there names forward. (I don't think that many of the other players come over here often) Then, if a lot of people volunteer, maybe put it to a vote? Anyway, it's just a suggestion!! :)

Fortunately, Spikey put the scoring points for one tournament each week of grand slam, tier1, tier2 yet.
For eventually second tournament during one week or for tournament of tier3, tier4 and so on the scoring points will put by me.
So, for example the week of Bali (Tier3) I will put the scoring points.
I will do the maximum and even if the points are more or less accurates, these will are the sames for each player and the most important thing is that the PAW will continue.
Do you agree?

speedster_
Aug 10th, 2003, 05:55 AM
I agree Spikey take 1 tourney a week but not only tier 2 above. If highest tier WTA tour in a week is Tier 3 0r, Tier 4 or Tier 5 shuld be taken by Spikey.

I'm not agree with PAW Games for Challenger. Its too much and usually this tourney don't have website, too difficult to know when the matches started and finished.