PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best live band around?!?

andylover_16
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:28 PM
:wavey:....... who rocks the stage?......who do u think the best live band is right now?.....that can actually sing and have energy at the same time....???

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
the sisters of mercy probably.....

Nicoleke
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Atomic kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

andylover_16
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:35 PM
isnt atomic kitten a pop group.....just wondering.....well coldplay rocks live :worship: has anyone ever been to one of their concerts?...... i hear that foo fighters are good too

Nicoleke
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:38 PM
isnt atomic kitten a pop group.....just wondering.....well coldplay rocks live :worship: has anyone ever been to one of their concerts?...... i hear that foo fighters are good too
Yes, there are a pop band, you' re right, but they rocks :D lol !!!!!

Coldplay is, of course, a really good band too :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM
coldplay and the foo fighters are pop ands too, no?

The Crow
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:48 PM
the sisters of mercy probably.....

Yikes :eek: :p

I'd vote Radiohead or Bjork. Eels are good too. As is Marilyn Manson.

The Crow
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Saw Coldplay a month ago or so and didn't like what I saw...

Nicoleke
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:51 PM

You didn' t chose Atomic kitten Joris ? lol :lol: ;) !!!!!

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:52 PM

why yikes? ok, if you saw them in deinze two yeatrs ago then I don't blame you for the comment.....but all other gigs I saw from them were absolutely :bounce: :bounce:

The Crow
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:04 PM
You didn' t chose Atomic kitten Joris ? lol :lol: ;) !!!!!

I haven't seen Atomic Kitten live yet :angel:

The Crow
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:04 PM
why yikes? ok, if you saw them in deinze two yeatrs ago then I don't blame you for the comment.....but all other gigs I saw from them were absolutely :bounce: :bounce:

So you mean I went to the only bad concert they've ever done? :mad:

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:06 PM
So you mean I went to the only bad concert they've ever done? :mad:
well, to only bad one I saw, and it's quite famous in sisters-circles that it is....try for example,, the dominion mailing list were it's been elected the worst sisters gig ever :lol:

The Crow
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM
lmao :o

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:12 PM
einstuŽrzende neubauten live are good too :)

andylover_16
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Saw Coldplay a month ago or so and didn't like what I saw...

you must be mistaken...or blind and def.....i saw them in cleavland and they were awesome......never been to a better concert..they get the crowd into it 100%!....when they played yellow expecially he almost jumped into the crowd he talked to us a lot when he wasnt singing and everyone was going crazy not to mention.....the whole crowd knew every single word to every song! :bounce:

coldplay ROCKS :worship: !

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM
you must be mistaken...or blind and def.....i saw them in cleavland and they were awesome......never been to a better concert..they get the crowd into it 100%!....when they played yellow expecially he almost jumped into the crowd he talked to us a lot when he wasnt singing and everyone was going crazy not to mention.....the whole crowd knew every single word to every song! :bounce:

nah, they're just the popular band of the month...they're not bad, but certainly not one of the best bands around....
it says enough that "the whole crowd knew every word of every song".....it just means they're pop that's all.....

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM
portishead live used to rock too :bounce:

sartrista7
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Anne Keothavong, the British No 1, looooves Coldplay... I interviewed her last year and she said it was her dream to see them live. I wouldn't mind myself, they're OK.

The Raveonettes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tori Amos, Interpol, Dalek and PJ Harvey all kick ass live.

Mase
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:24 PM
I saw Tomy Petty and the Heartbreakers a year or so back and they kicked ass..

The Crow
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:32 PM

I'm not blind nor def ;) And yes he talks a lot during gigs. Too much ;) But I must admit I'm not a fan of theirs anyway, so that has something to do with it too...

andylover_16
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:33 PM
yea i guess it would be considered pop which comes from the word "popular" since they did sell out every single one of their concerts for their us tour!

andylover_16
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM
I'm not blind nor def ;) And yes he talks a lot during gigs. Too much ;) But I must admit I'm not a fan of theirs anyway, so that has something to do with it too...

fair enough.........u like what you like i guess

Chris_Martin's_woman
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:54 PM
of course im gonna say coldplay.....well, at least its the truth

Maajken
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:38 PM
i know garbage and tori amos are amazing live and i think within temptation is probably really good too

TylerDurden
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Strokes, Hives. :)

decemberlove
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:31 PM
tool :hearts:
the roots
kottonmouth kings [they have energy]
santana ... amazing!

garbage was good when i saw them... this was a long time ago thou.
oasis was pretty good too at the hammerstein about six years ago

Barrie_Dude
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Well, the best band I ever saw live, and I will date myself severly, were "The Beatles"! It was 1965 at Olympia Stadium in Detroit. I was 5. :o

King Satan
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Metallica!!! \,,/

they're old, but they still kick ass for old guys!

cellophane
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Sam Roberts. :worship: :worship: :worship: Period. He literally fucked the audience.

http://members.tripod.com/tragicallysam/sr38.gif
(http://members.tripod.com/tragicallysam/sr38.gif)

Nicoleke
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I haven't seen Atomic Kitten live yet :angel:
I will copy you a dvd " Live in Manchester " for you if you want ;) lol !!!!!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Alanis Morissette is amazing live. So are Our Lady Peace (I had my first crowd surfing experience at their concert in NYC last year).

The worst is Avril Lavigne. I love her album but I saw her live last year and she is SOOOO OFF KEY! When she did Losing Grip, it was painful. She's gotten better since then apparently, let's hope so at least!

Cersei
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Garbage, Tori Amos and Texas :worship:

Colin B
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:01 PM
The best live set I have ever witnessed (from the soundcheck tower) was R.E.M. at Glastonbury Festival, Fri/Sat 25/6th June, 1999 (10:50pm - 12:30am). When Stipey is in the mood, there's nobody better (the first time I saw them, he was not in the mood, and they were awful).

Radiohead headlining the same festival in 1997 was probably even better but I couldn't be there so had to watch on television from home.

This year I was working as a rigger on a different stage but managed to see, on consecutive nights, R.E.M, Radiohead and Moby and guess what? Moby definately had the edge - especially his rendition of Radiohead's 'Creep'.

Barrie_Dude
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Alanis Morissette is amazing live. So are Our Lady Peace (I had my first crowd surfing experience at their concert in NYC last year).

The worst is Avril Lavigne. I love her album but I saw her live last year and she is SOOOO OFF KEY! When she did Losing Grip, it was painful. She's gotten better since then apparently, let's hope so at least!I saw Alanis during her "Jagged Little Pill" Tour in Columbia, South Carolina!

adss
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:26 PM
RHCP, Green Day, STP all are amazing live
and from watching SARStock, AC/DC wow they are great

Chris_Martin's_woman
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:39 PM
i would like to see radiohead live but Thom Yorke kinda freaks me out:eek:

Colin B
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Thom Yorke kinda freaks me out:eek:

Any particular reason?

andylover_16
Aug 7th, 2003, 01:08 AM
i would like to see radiohead live but Thom Yorke kinda freaks me out:eek:

dont blame ya :eek: .......lol......yea im sure oasis would be great.....if only i couldve seen them live..... closest i have come is a video with noel chris and jonny at the make trade fair concert....lol...!

Candy946
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Just saw them on Monday :hearts:
Evanescence rocks :D

rand
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:32 AM
yea i guess it would be considered pop which comes from the word "popular" since they did sell out every single one of their concerts for their us tour!
it's what I said...but they're not much more than that....they're so popular because there is a vacuum right now.....and because the media is always very good at hyping!

shirley
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Hell Is For Heroes. I haven't been to one of their gigs but I watched one on TV and they performed very well. Justin (the singer) is full of energy

NaturalBlues
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I went to Werchter about a month ago.
Coldplay was great!
REM and Metallica were good too

My absolute favourite: MOLOKO :worship:
that Roisin Murphy is one crazy woman :eek: but she sings like an :angel: