PDA

View Full Version : Ex-'Hollywood Madam' Heidi Fleiss Sobs in LA Court

Rocketta
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Ex-'Hollywood Madam' Heidi Fleiss Sobs in LA Court
Tue Aug 5, 6:44 PM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Dan Whitcomb

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss sobbed on the witness stand on Tuesday as she testified that actor Tom Sizemore (news) stubbed a cigarette out on her, smacked her in the face and verbally abused her during a rocky year-long relationship.

Reuters Photo

Yahoo! Movies Photos
Slideshow: Tom Sizemore

But lawyers for Sizemore, best known for playing a gruff sergeant in "Saving Private Ryan," told a Los Angeles jury that Fleiss was a "liar" who had invented the allegations. Prosecutors said they had photographs of her injuries and tapes of his threats.

Fleiss, who spent three years in prison for attempted pandering, was the first witness in Sizemore's trial on 16 charges of domestic violence, threats, witness intimidation, property destruction and obscene and harassing phone calls.

The 41-year-old Sizemore sat at the defense table during her testimony, occasionally conferring with his attorney, but did not address the court.

Fleiss, who once ran a call girl ring catering to Hollywood's rich and famous, said she fell in love with Sizemore in early 2001 while still adjusting to life outside of prison and moved into his house that August.

Under questioning from Deputy City Attorney Robert Cha, she said the actor lost his temper that November when they appeared on the Howard Stern radio show to promote the film "Black Hawk Down."

"Howard Stern asked me if I liked 'Black Hawk Down,' and I said I didn't," Fleiss, 37, said through tears. "I said it was too violent for me, that I liked films like 'Bambi."'

After the show, she said, Sizemore "was verbally abusive and put his cigarette out on me. It was terrible."

'TURNING INTO A WEIRDO'

Fleiss said she did not call the police after the incident because she didn't expect them to take the side of "evil Heidi, convicted criminal" over a respected Hollywood actor.

The following May, Fleiss said, the couple fought after she learned that he was consorting with prostitutes and led a "whole other life" while filming the horror movie "Dreamcatcher" in Canada.

"I had no idea he was turning into such a weirdo," Fleiss said. "When he finished filming some girls called me from (Canada) and told me that Tom owed them a bunch of money from their services."

Fleiss said that when she confronted Sizemore over a National Enquirer article headlined "Hollywood Madam's Boyfriend Cheating on Her With Hookers," he became violent.

"He hit me," she said. "I had a black eye and a fat lip the next day. He dragged me across the room by my hair."

The next day, Fleiss said, Sizemore hit her again, knocking her to the ground as his "Dreamcatcher" co-star Thomas Jane (news) tried to intervene. Fleiss said she left in Jane's car, her head bleeding.

Sizemore's attorney, Michael Fitzgerald told the jury during his opening statement that there was no evidence against Sizemore aside from the testimony of Fleiss, and that "the whole world knows that this woman was involved in a high-priced call-girl ring."

"Tom Sizemore is innocent," Fitzgerald said. "Heidi Fleiss is a liar."

Now if people will believe Heidi Fleiss, then Kobe is in big doodoo!