PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if it is true????

~|Naomi|~
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:26 AM
That Kim is thinking of coming to play on the Gold Coast for the tournament next year.

A friend of mine at Uni, knows Liz Smylie and she is trying to get a bigname player after not having one last year and apparently Kim is high up on her list.

I would be so happy if it was true, as I llive there and go to the torunament every year

So have any of you heard anything??? I'm praying it is true :)

ozfan44
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:35 AM
i doubt it kim will be playing hopman cup

~|Naomi|~
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:46 AM
i doubt it kim will be playing hopman cup

That's what I thought but then I thought well they may have asked Henin to play there, and also Xavier won't get asked to play and Kim llikes to play with him more than Rochus who she played with in 2001. And seeing as Henin and Rochus are both wallonian so have the same native language I thought that might be the Hopman team

Yeah well I'm hoping that will be the team as I would love her to come ot the gold coast as i could go watch her

swisstruffles
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Guys the Hopman Cup is in Perth, not the Gold Coast. The Coast one seems to have only Venus as the only big name usually, with the others as 'unknowns' basically so everytime she plays there she wins.
Kim has played with Xavier at the Hopman before..I can't remember if she did last year, but she usually plays at the adidas in Sydney no matter what. Lucky me!

~|Naomi|~
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Guys the Hopman Cup is in Perth, not the Gold Coast. The Coast one seems to have only Venus as the only big name usually, with the others as 'unknowns' basically so everytime she plays there she wins.
Kim has played with Xavier at the Hopman before..I can't remember if she did last year, but she usually plays at the adidas in Sydney no matter what. Lucky me!

I know the hOpman Cup is in Perth, I know exactly where the Gold Coast is I live here!
Venus did not play last year and isn't ikely to play this year either according to news on the grapevine. Venus hasn't been the only big name player to have played here, Henin won it and was in the final in 2002.

Kim and Xavier played together at Hopman in 2003 and 2002, she played with O rochus in 2001. She does play Sydney yes, but Gold coast is the week before.

The rumours are Henin is playing Hopman and Kim wants two warm up events to AO so is considering playing Gold Coast, the other opportunity is the exo in Hong Kong

Fantastic
Aug 22nd, 2003, 01:27 PM
Where did you hear the rumours about Justine playing Hopman? Curious is all. It would be someone different to watch. IMO Xavier and Kim are getting a wee bit stale.

"BELGIUM - Olivier Rochus & Justine Henin-Hardenne"

That has a good ring to it! (Mini-Me and Petit Fille Belgique) ;)

~|Naomi|~
Aug 31st, 2003, 05:01 AM
Where did you hear the rumours about Justine playing Hopman? Curious is all. It would be someone different to watch. IMO Xavier and Kim are getting a wee bit stale.

"BELGIUM - Olivier Rochus & Justine Henin-Hardenne"

That has a good ring to it! (Mini-Me and Petit Fille Belgique) ;)

Stale :confused: Well I read you wrote that in another post to, can't be bothered to post my reply to that again. Personally I Loved watching them play.

My friend at uni (who will remain nameless, I don't want to put his name o the internet out of courtesy) is a former squash professional. Gavin Hopper also used to take a few lectures at Uni, so they are friends and met cause of that. Hopper ofcourse runs the Hopper-Cash academy, Hopper for reasons Im not sure of isn't at the academy at the moment, and Smylie has been helping out at the academy. My friend went to see Gavin at the academy he was there but not actually coaching or anything I think he was with his daughter. But anyway Liz Smylie said she was pursuing Kim for the Gold Coast tournament and had been in contact with kim's management and knew that kim's participation at hopman cup was doubtful because she wanted to play with Xavier but Rochus was probably playing and Henin was under consideration for Hopman- Smylie knew that as she wanted henin for gold coast tournie to. Hope that all makes sense :)

Fantastic
Aug 31st, 2003, 02:48 PM
I personally think Kim and Xavier are stale to watch, not that they might feel stale with each other. I'm a big Kim and Xavier fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing some new faces sometimes too.

I haven't heard Kim say that she wants to win the Hopman Cup very badly or anything, but if she's coming back year after year, she must want it on some level. She's No. 1 in Belgium and I think she'll honour that position by playing the team event.

Liz Smylie should pursue Justine too. Why not try and get them both? Now that'd be a coup if she somehow managed to pull it off.

~|Naomi|~
Sep 1st, 2003, 06:05 AM
Smylie does want them both
Kim does want to win she wants the diamond tennis ball :)
And I think we are just going to have to agree to differ on the Kim and Xavier are 'stale' issue cause to me, they are great to watch I think.

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 1st, 2003, 06:55 AM
Olivier! :kiss: Come back

azza1
Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:03 AM
Adidas :bounce: i might go this year :bounce:

broncosven
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:05 AM
I worked there last year :bounce: :bounce:

and working there again this :hearts: :hearts: year