PDA

View Full Version : When's the Last Comic Standing Special?

tazban1
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:16 AM
Was it announced when the Comedy Central special for the Last Comic Standing winner will be aired?

Serendy Willick
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:11 PM
It aired last night. Dat Phan won and I was shocked but glad. Everyone was dissing him in the house and claiming that he wasnt funny, I betcha everyones jaw dropped when he won. I know Mr. Heavyweights did when it was announced.

tazban1
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:46 PM
It aired last night. Dat Phan won and I was shocked but glad. Everyone was dissing him in the house and claiming that he wasnt funny, I betcha everyones jaw dropped when he won. I know Mr. Heavyweights did when it was announced.

I mean the 1/2 hour comedy special that the winner gets.

I saw yesterday's show. I was surprised and happy as well. I thought Dat had strong performances throughout the competition as well as his final performance. Ralphie basically gave a sermon on why fat people were better than skinny people whereas Dat actually told jokes. I only wish that Dave Mordel made the final group - I think Dave, Rich, Dat, and Ralphie were the best four in the house.

I think Dat is the youngest and most inexperienced in the group so I'm thinking that was probably where a lot of the jibes are coming from - not to mention his odd preparation. Also, Dat didn't really crack jokes around the house and the other comics thought that he should be funny in his everyday life, not just the stage. Though, Jerry Seinfeld was discouraged from a comedy career as a kid because he was told he wasn't funny.

I'm wondering what kind of show that NBC is going to give Dat.

Miss Thang
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:49 PM

Go head Dat! Ya know he kinda cute! :cool:

Serendy Willick
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:50 PM
To tell you the truth I was surprised that Tess was out first. I thought for sure that she was gonna be at least top three. Do you remember that episode where the comics had to put together some sort of pilot for immunity and Dat won? Maybe they'll do something with that.

Miss Thang
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:03 PM
To tell you the truth I was surprised that Tess was out first. I thought for sure that she was gonna be at least top three. Do you remember that episode where the comics had to put together some sort of pilot for immunity and Dat won? Maybe they'll do something with that.

I was reppin for sista girl but she wasnt that funny. She was the weakest of the 5 a them. It was cool when they show Tess with Ayeesha from Talk Soup. :cool: