PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if you like this. (music)

King Satan
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:57 AM
http://www.guitar9.com/fantasy.html

there are some mp3's on the bottom right hand side

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:26 AM
quite cliché isn't it?
the 80's are back? :lol:
why do people tend to think that they HAVE to play fast :dunno:

King Satan
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:34 AM
:confused:

all that is classical influenced music. what's wrong with playing fast? it takes great skill and dedication to be able to play like that. i don't know about you, but i admire that.

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:44 AM
I don't have a problem with playing fast, I made a point of learning how to play "the four horsemen by metallica" faster than they do, and I can now :cool:
My problem is more with the "I have to"...it' sa a bit too much ingwy malmsteen.....
and btw classical influenced rock has attained it's top with deep purple....everything that came afterwards is imho a bit unnecessary....
and this one sounds a bit over the top too :)
the sound is too much van halen and the music itself too much ritchie blackmore....
now, the quality is good, I appreciate the man's technique, but for me it stops at that....personal taste you know ;) but I don't really like the "showing off"-guitar....:)

King Satan
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:26 AM
why does it have to be "showing off" style of guitar? just cos it's fast, doesn't mean they're trying to show off. that's just the style they (like myself) like to play.

How can you say that that sounds like VH? VH plays more of a rock bluesy style, and this is straight neo-classical rock. VH is a completely different guitarist.

I didn't know you played guitar. how long have you been playing? :)

(btw, it's Yngwie ;))

King Satan
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Here's some of my playing if you'd like to hear: www.geocities.com/clevelan7/ :)

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:54 AM
why does it have to be "showing off" style of guitar? just cos it's fast, doesn't mean they're trying to show off. that's just the style they (like myself) like to play.

How can you say that that sounds like VH? VH plays more of a rock bluesy style, and this is straight neo-classical rock. VH is a completely different guitarist.

I didn't know you played guitar. how long have you been playing? :)

(btw, it's Yngwie ;))
it's not "necessarily" it's just that here, it shows, otherwise you don't try to put the whole palette of techniques on pieces that don't need it ;) and so clean....I hate that kind of clean :)
about vh...I was referring to the sound itself, not the music..... :)
I've been playing for six years now....but I don't play as often as I used to when I was a student....then I played at least 3/4 hours a day...now I don't have that kind of time anymore :sad:

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Here's some of my playing if you'd like to hear: www.geocities.com/clevelan7/ :)
yours is not bad at all ;)

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:01 AM
i tried to pos rep you on this one, but I have to spread some points first :(