PDA

View Full Version : 7th Heaven most Caucasian show on TV?

Miss Thang
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Don't get it twisted y'all. I know thatThe Parkers is the most Niggroidian show on TV. Aint nobody gotta tell me that but I seen 7th heaven for the first time last week and I tell ya chile. I thought I had OD on milk! :lol: ;)

Sam L
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:56 PM
lol they did have that black guy as a friend of the oldest boy (what's his name?) and his fiance was also in it for awhile, but I think they got rid of them now?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:59 PM
family camden's best friends is a black family.... they got almost as many kids as the camden's i think?

Josh
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:03 AM
I think that honour goes the "Friends".

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:04 AM
yeah i was just thinking that!

Ross had an asian gf..... and now joey and ross will fight over this african american girl, right?

2 (that i can think of) non-white ppl during 6 years....

Josh
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:06 AM
It's been going on for 9 years even. ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:07 AM
lol 9 years? i don't think so.......... :eek: ... no.. really?? 10th season... 6 years!

Josh
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Well the first episode was aired back in 1994.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:13 AM
:eek:

you can't serisoiuly say that i was 10/11 when i first saw friends...... :eek:

Josh
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:14 AM
LOL, well maybe they started a bit later in Norway. ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:15 AM
oh god you're right... premier date september 1994 :eek: *faints*

Bacardi
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:22 AM
7th Heaven is tooooooooo religious and holy for my taste. :devil:
So I like never watch this show.... And besides all those people perving over Jessica Biel... She's not that hot at all :yawn:

decemberlove
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:24 AM
jessica is yummy. nice body.

but im too evil to watch the show

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:28 AM
i liked watching the show! and jessica biel is :drool: :angel:

Sam L
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:08 AM
7th Heaven is tooooooooo religious and holy for my taste. :devil:
So I like never watch this show.... And besides all those people perving over Jessica Biel... She's not that hot at all :yawn:
Oh I'm not religious but I love this show. I think the storylines are too corny and predictable. But it is good entertainment.

mboyle
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:19 AM
UPN in general has maybe one white person a day:o . Now if there were a network that did the reverse of that.....

As for 7th heaven, there are alot of white people, but it is basically like your average American suburb, so there are a few minorities here and there.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:22 AM
um, gabrielle union's claim to fame was 7th heaven. she was the daughter of the black family. and the same black girl that joey and ross fight over.

Hot 92 Jamz
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:26 AM
No. Usher guest-starred last year. :yeah:

http://images.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_image_191131211

Nicoleke
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:25 AM
I totally dislike that show :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

irma
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:42 AM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed. they don't show it anymore. I loved 7th heaven one of the best series ever :lol:

irma
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:45 AM
now I have to do it with touched by an angel wich is great too;)

NJjeff
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Isn't Carlos Ponce on the show some times?

Mrs. Peel
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:39 PM
There is a new show on Fox that premiered last night will dethrone all others for the Superduper, extra White show on TV Crown...

THE OC

OC as in Orange County :rolleyes:

I did watch it and it was pretty good :p lol

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:50 PM
wasn't dawson's creek pretty "white" as well?

Jarrett
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:04 PM
wasn't dawson's creek pretty "white" as well?

Yeah I guess so. Well Joey's sister was like an outcast after living with the black man (and getting pregant) after there father went to jail or something right?

I can think of another time a dark person was on 7th Heaven (a.k.a White Town) when Simon got involved with the "wrong crowd." I am pretty sure there was one dark boy in the group. Don't know who he was though.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:06 PM
oh yeah, you're right jarrett. bessie was with a black man! aww, i thought their baby was so cute!

so umm.. another thing... how come there are so few asians in tv-series :(

Jarrett
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
um, gabrielle union's claim to fame was 7th heaven. she was the daughter of the black family. and the same black girl that joey and ross fight over.

"7th Heaven" (1996) playing "Keesha Hamilton" in episode: "The Color of God" (episode # 1.5) 14 October 1996

Oh jeez. I don't want to know what that show was about.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:08 PM
mary's bball team had a couple of black players i think!

Jarrett
Aug 6th, 2003, 05:11 PM
oh yeah, you're right jarrett. bessie was with a black man! aww, i thought their baby was so cute!

so umm.. another thing... how come there are so few asians in tv-series :(

Ask Margaret Cho. I actually liked "All American Girl."

Miss Thang
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:27 PM
family camden's best friends is a black family.... they got almost as many kids as the camden's i think?

Shut up! :eek: :tape: ;) Well chile the episode I saw (not last Monday but the Monday before) was the one where one girl just got engaged and her girlfriend was waitin for her man to propose but told him not to cuz she didn't wanna bit on the first girl's engagement. And there was the dude who was goin out with this lady old enough to be his moms, kee-kee. There wasnt no black folks up in that piece. As a matter a fact there werent even any peeps with dark hair. They were all blonde so that why I thought dayum the show was so vanilla. :lol:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 6th, 2003, 08:31 PM
lol, well ok, they cancelled 7th heaven here last year ( :( btw ;) ) but err yeah, the eps we got were atleast one year old :o and at that time, Matt's bestfriend/roomate was a black guy.

ah nothing we can do i guess!

Rocketta
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:09 PM

ah I thought the black girl on Friends is Aisha Tyler

http://ak1.aka.eonline.com/7/1480/1218/0001/www.eonline.com/On/Tsoup/Images/soup.tyler.jpg

not gabrielle Union. :)

irma
Aug 6th, 2003, 10:22 PM
angel Tess is black. she is the smart one;)

I mean monica always looks pretty dumb, and andrew well he looks scary;)

Fantastic
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:14 PM
irma, you do realize that Tess, Monica and Andrew are from "Touched By An Angel" and not "7th Heaven" right? I knew you were just kidding. ;)

Gabrielle Union has been on both "Friends" and "7th Heaven". On "Friends," she played a new girl moving into an apartment next to Central Perk, who Ross and Joey both take a fancy to. Only, Ross and Joey don't know that the fabulous girls they are raving about is actually the one and the same. As it turns out, Gabrielle's character is casually dating both of them. Finally, Joey follows her and Ross on their date and they both ask her which one of them she prefers to date. Ross and Joey cause such a scene that she flees the restaurant and never gives them an answer.

Aisha Tyler shows up in the 9th season of "Friends," and strangely enough, it's Ross and Joey who are fighting over her. I guess since Chandler is married, it's up to these two guys to pursue Aisha.

"Dawson's Creek" has only had three black characters and none of them were part of the core cast for a substantial amount of time. There was Joey's brother-in-law. They actually changed actors twice for his part. Then in the second season, there was the new school principal and his daughter, who played 'Kendra The Vampire Slayer' in "Buffy." Dawson had a slight 'tingling sensation' for this girl but they axed their characters after three episodes. Not sure why.

Incidentally, the girl who played 'Kendra' on "Buffy" originally auditioned for the part of 'Cordelia.' They gave the part to Charisma Carpenter but were so impressed by this other girl that they asked her back to play 'Kendra.'

Other than the Mayor's assistant from season four, Principal Woods and one of the Potentials in the seventh season of "Buffy," there weren't really any other black characters on that show. Unless 'Faith' is considered an honorary black character due to the 'interesting' dialogue Eliza Dushku was given to say.

"Will & Grace" has had exactly a total of two black characters up until now - Ben Doucette (Gregory Hines) and his secretary (Jo-Marie Payton-France).
"Malcolm In The Middle" has wheelchair-bound 'Stevie,' Malcolm's best friend, and his parents, who occasionally make an appearance.

"Alias" has Merrin Dungey, who incidentally, plays Stevie's mother on "Malcolm In The Middle."

"Felicity" had Tangi Miller (Elena) and Donald Adeosun Faison (Tracey), and Tyra Banks in reoccuring guest roles.

As far as I can recall, "Beverly Hills 90210" didn't have ANY black characters. Did they? Can anyone confirm?

"Melrose Place" was no better. Vanessa Williams in the first season was IT and her character left rather abruptly. Oh wait, one of her friends was played by Rae Dawn Chong. And then there was that lawyer girlfriend of Peters'. She was the only character to die when Kimberly blew up the apartment building.

"Models Inc." had Garcelle Beauvais.

"Baywatch" had Gregory Alan Williams and Tracy Bingham.

"Angel" has Charles Gunn, played by... Damn, I can't remember his name! And Gina Torres played a significant part as Jasmine.

Did "Seinfeld" have any black characters?

"The Simpsons" had Carl, Homer's co-worker in sector 7-G down at the nuclear power plant.

"Just Shoot Me" had no black characters.

What other shows are out there right now?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM
fantastic sure is fantastic!! thanks for the facts :D

that girl Kendra played in Save the Last Dance - one of my fave movies! :bounce:

doloresc
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM
ah I thought the black girl on Friends is Aisha Tyler

http://ak1.aka.eonline.com/7/1480/1218/0001/www.eonline.com/On/Tsoup/Images/soup.tyler.jpg

not gabrielle Union. :)

rocketta, they were both on friends. union was on there first; she broke the color barrier. ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:23 PM
ooh ooh... Everybody Loves Raymond had only one black person i can think of? Robbie's partner.....

Rocketta
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:24 PM
fantastic sure is fantastic!! thanks for the facts :D

that girl Kendra played in Save the Last Dance - one of my fave movies! :bounce:

She was also on "Save by the Bell". The season after Zach and them graduated.

and yes that was totally fantastic by fantastic. :bounce: :bounce:

Rocketta
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:26 PM
rocketta, they were both on friends. union was on there first; she broke the color barrier. ;)

ah i c, thanks to fantastic I see they just rehashed the same story. :rolleyes: Oh the creativity of network TV! :(

irma
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:26 PM
really I didn't know that;) as I said before they haven't showed 7th heaven here since matt ran off with heather to marry so now I have to do it with the angels and even the best angel raffael "angel of death" is gone;)

tv life is not fair ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:27 PM
saved by the bell... :lol: ah i remember Lisa and Screech lol :D

Rocketta
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Someone asked why there weren't many, really any, asian characters on TV. Until the Asian-American starts to speak up for themselves there never will be. I've seen expressed on hear that Asians feel like they are beyond complaining abour racial matters (not all but I have heard this sentiment). Well until they decide that it is important to have fair representations of them on the little screen as well as big then its not going to change cause the powers that be are not going to do it just cause its the right thing to do.

doloresc
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:30 PM
ah i c, thanks to fantastic I see they just rehashed the same story. :rolleyes: Oh the creativity of network TV! :(

they interviewed union on entertainment tonight to ask her about breaking the color barrier on friends. :rolleyes:

doloresc
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Someone asked why there weren't many, really any, asian characters on TV. Until the Asian-American starts to speak up for themselves there never will be. I've seen expressed on hear that Asians feel like they are beyond complaining abour racial matters (not all but I have heard this sentiment). Well until they decide that it is important to have fair representations of them on the little screen as well as big then its not going to change cause the powers that be are not going to do it just cause its the right thing to do.

i couldn't agree more, rocketta. being represented in the media on all levels just doesn't seem important to the asian community. i rarely hear of any protests from asian coalitions. i have enough asian friends to know they find it offensive (the sterotypes and their lack of visibility) but they aren't out there doing anything about it like the black community has in the past and are still doing today.

irma
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:31 PM
there was an asian in that 80's show I think but that show was so bad in comparing with that 70's show

Miss Thang
Aug 7th, 2003, 09:23 PM
irma, you do realize that Tess, Monica and Andrew are from "Touched By An Angel" and not "7th Heaven" right? I knew you were just kidding. ;)

Gabrielle Union has been on both "Friends" and "7th Heaven". On "Friends," she played a new girl moving into an apartment next to Central Perk, who Ross and Joey both take a fancy to. Only, Ross and Joey don't know that the fabulous girls they are raving about is actually the one and the same. As it turns out, Gabrielle's character is casually dating both of them. Finally, Joey follows her and Ross on their date and they both ask her which one of them she prefers to date. Ross and Joey cause such a scene that she flees the restaurant and never gives them an answer.

Aisha Tyler shows up in the 9th season of "Friends," and strangely enough, it's Ross and Joey who are fighting over her. I guess since Chandler is married, it's up to these two guys to pursue Aisha.

"Dawson's Creek" has only had three black characters and none of them were part of the core cast for a substantial amount of time. There was Joey's brother-in-law. They actually changed actors twice for his part. Then in the second season, there was the new school principal and his daughter, who played 'Kendra The Vampire Slayer' in "Buffy." Dawson had a slight 'tingling sensation' for this girl but they axed their characters after three episodes. Not sure why.

Incidentally, the girl who played 'Kendra' on "Buffy" originally auditioned for the part of 'Cordelia.' They gave the part to Charisma Carpenter but were so impressed by this other girl that they asked her back to play 'Kendra.'

Other than the Mayor's assistant from season four, Principal Woods and one of the Potentials in the seventh season of "Buffy," there weren't really any other black characters on that show. Unless 'Faith' is considered an honorary black character due to the 'interesting' dialogue Eliza Dushku was given to say.

"Will & Grace" has had exactly a total of two black characters up until now - Ben Doucette (Gregory Hines) and his secretary (Jo-Marie Payton-France).
"Malcolm In The Middle" has wheelchair-bound 'Stevie,' Malcolm's best friend, and his parents, who occasionally make an appearance.

"Alias" has Merrin Dungey, who incidentally, plays Stevie's mother on "Malcolm In The Middle."

"Felicity" had Tangi Miller (Elena) and Donald Adeosun Faison (Tracey), and Tyra Banks in reoccuring guest roles.

As far as I can recall, "Beverly Hills 90210" didn't have ANY black characters. Did they? Can anyone confirm?

"Melrose Place" was no better. Vanessa Williams in the first season was IT and her character left rather abruptly. Oh wait, one of her friends was played by Rae Dawn Chong. And then there was that lawyer girlfriend of Peters'. She was the only character to die when Kimberly blew up the apartment building.

"Models Inc." had Garcelle Beauvais.

"Baywatch" had Gregory Alan Williams and Tracy Bingham.

"Angel" has Charles Gunn, played by... Damn, I can't remember his name! And Gina Torres played a significant part as Jasmine.

Did "Seinfeld" have any black characters?

"The Simpsons" had Carl, Homer's co-worker in sector 7-G down at the nuclear power plant.

"Just Shoot Me" had no black characters.

What other shows are out there right now?

Good head fantastic! U da bomb! :worship:

Let see which one u didnt say yet...

Det. Green and the boss lady on Law & Order

Ice T on Law Order SVU and the sista who work in the morgue

The lawyer (Angela Basset husband) on Law & Order Criminal Intent

On Alias u forgot the brotha who is Sidney partner who wife was killed when her SUV exploded

On CSI the yellow brotha who use to be on Diffrent World back in the day

On CSI Miami the sista who work in the morgue who also played in The Corner on HBO

On Less Than Perfect the the sista who like a smaller version of Starr Jones :lol:

On NYPD Blue the tall brotha (he is :drool: ) and the sista who work in the DA office (she used to play on Jamie Foxx show)

On West Wing the young country lookin brotha

I know there more than but that'll do for now, kee-kee :cool:

Rothes
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:56 AM
I never liked 7th Heaven, as someone mentioned the story line was to corny and whoever produced the script should of been fired, thats not how you would talk in real situations, to "goodie-goodie"

It was just to stereotpyical of a "Happy" American Family, the never really done anything bad or wrong, They relied on their religious morals to much, They loved to help each other out and the fact that lived in a big house and never had hardly any big arguments really made it to fake and fabricated, really how could a family live the life they live? Really just seemed to fake and tacky. :yawn:

Sam L
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:05 AM
I never liked 7th Heaven, as someone mentioned the story line was to corny and whoever produced the script should of been fired, thats not how you would talk in real situations, to "goodie-goodie"

It was just to stereotpyical of a "Happy" American Family, the never really done anything bad or wrong, They relied on their religious morals to much, They loved to help each other out and the fact that lived in a big house and never had hardly any big arguments really made it to fake and fabricated, really how could a family live the life they live? Really just seemed to fake and tacky. :yawn:
It was fake and that's why it was fun to watch. To :lol: at them.

decemberlove
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:10 AM
this is why i stick to hbo. they are usually pretty good with diversity and painting a real life picture. no happy, corny bullshit with them.

irma
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:10 AM
It was fake and that's why it was fun to watch. To :lol: at them.

indeed and didn't we love little house on the prairie for the same reason? :worship:

and btw mary became bad at one point :lol:

decemberlove
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:11 AM
^ yeah after she posed nearly nude for a magazine.

you can see her nipples in the pics

irma
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:11 AM
I mean mary in 7th heaven of course not mary in the little house;)

irma
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:12 AM
see in fact the show was evil

and annie the mother was haunted by chucky too :lol:

Rothes
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:15 AM
I mean mary in 7th heaven of course not mary in the little house;)

They thought that 7th Heaven shoud have some controversy in it, conspiracy...call the tabloids lol

irma
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:16 AM
lol maybe that's why they stopped showing it here. too heavy when she made a mess out of the gym :lol:

Rothes
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:23 AM
lol maybe that's why they stopped showing it here. too heavy when she made a mess out of the gym :lol:

or maybe that It wouldnt be right to produce anymore since Mary nearly commited a sin lol..oh gosh they wrecked the perfect Stereotypical American Family.

Rocketta
Aug 8th, 2003, 06:07 AM
this is why i stick to hbo. they are usually pretty good with diversity and painting a real life picture. no happy, corny bullshit with them.

Oh and what diversity it is!

OZ :worship: :worship:
Six Feet Under :worship: :worship:
the Wire :worship: :worship:

Soon to be :worship: :worship: .......Carnival.

Fantastic
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM
I only watched "7th Heaven" for 'Robbie' (Adam LaVorgna) anyway. Hated the fact that Jessica Biel had her claws all over him in real-life. ;) Just kidding. I felt sorry for Jessica Biel. She hated doing the show and wanted out of her contract, but they made her stay and packed her character off to a farm. Aaron Spelling really paid her out for her defiance. She was technically still on the show, but they gave her almost nothing to do and she couldn't do anything else. When Biel apologized they slowly gave her a bigger part again. Let that be a lesson to everyone - don't piss off Aaron Spelling!

It's a shame there aren't that many Asian faces on TV. Aside from Margaret Cho's "All-American Girl," I don't know many US shows that have had an all-Asian cast.

Lauren Tom did feature on "Friends" for awhile, as someone on here mentioned, I think. She played Ross' girlfriend in Season 2.

"Charmed" has had maybe 2 episodes where Asian characters featured in the storyline. But they still have the black police detective - Dorian Gregory. I think I missed him on my earlier post. ;)

"Ally McBeal" had Ling Woo (played by Lucy Liu), and also had (I forgot) black actress Lisa Nicole Carson.

"The Practice" had black actors Steve Harris and Lisa Gay Hamilton, but no Asians.

"Beverly Hills 90210" had an Asian face - Lindsay Price.

"South Park" has black representation in Isaac Hayes (Chef) ;) but no Asians.

Asian representation on television seems limited to women mostly. Where are the men? Most of the male roles ask them to be gangsters or evil villains. A lead in a primetime drama, or even a simple boyfriend role seems very limited.

Viva
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Poor Jessica. Her good girl image will ruin her "acting" career.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:08 PM
one of the asians who had a guestrole in Charmed was a cute guy.... he played a ghost and only the charmed ones could see him. i was crying when Piper and him said good bye :sad: :o This guy is starring in another sit come now i think? maybe it flopped coz i haven't heard more about it for a while now...

i remember seeing this Jessica Biel movie. she played this bad girl (lol) and lived with her grandfather, but she turned into a good girl later in the movie... *sigh*

Fantastic
Aug 9th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Biel says she wants to become a serious actress, yet she has so far chosen to do lame teen movies like "Summer Catch". If she seriously wants to do the 'sexy' routine, then she needs to go the Drew Barrymore route and do a movie like "Poison Ivy" or chuck a Liz Berkley and go all "Showgirls" on us. It's a risky move and could be hit or miss as Drew and Liz have demonstrated. (Drew hit, Liz missed)

Although, Jess did have a small part in "The Rules of Attraction," which could be considered a small step towards being a "serious" actress.

Now about that hunky boyf of hers... is he out of rehab yet? He was addicted to Vicodin and if you watched "7th Heaven" you'll notice he shrunk as the series wore on two seasons ago. He's put the weight back on from pictures I've seen but lost his boyish looks along the way. Still a humpy guy though. :hearts: