PDA

View Full Version : Just saw "The Pianist"...

tazban1
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:20 PM
and it was sooooo good. Great acting, great script, great movie. I know it was supposed to be triumphant, but I was sad for that German soldier in the end.

If you haven't seen this movie, go out and get it.

Roman Polanski is a great director
(but he should still go to jail)

apoet29
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:31 PM
I loved The Pianist too. I would recommend renting it on DVD because the featurette called "The Story of Survival" tells how the script was shaped into the final motion picture. Much of Roman Polanski's experiences as a young Holocaust survivor helped shape the story. I thought Adrien Brody was a perfect fit as a young man who has everything taken from him. Thomas Kretschmann was great as the German officier whose humanity in the face of great suffering ultimately gets him killed.

If you liked this film, you would love The Hours.

tazban1
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I loved The Pianist too. I would recommend renting it on DVD because the featurette called "The Story of Survival" tells how the script was shaped into the final motion picture. Much of Roman Polanski's experiences as a young Holocaust survivor helped shape the story. I thought Adrien Brody was a perfect fit as a young man who has everything taken from him. Thomas Kretchmann was great as the German officier whose humanity in the face of great suffering ultimately gets him killed.

I have the DVD, but I just got an import off of ebay so I don't think it has the featurettes on it. I'll see if I have it and maybe I'll rent it if I don't.

I can't help but wonder what that German officer was thinking while he was in that Prisoner of war camp. I kind of feel bad that I just saw that movie and I can't recall his name.

apoet29
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:05 PM
I have the DVD, but I just got an import off of ebay so I don't think it has the featurettes on it. I'll see if I have it and maybe I'll rent it if I don't.

I can't help but wonder what that German officer was thinking while he was in that Prisoner of war camp. I kind of feel bad that I just saw that movie and I can't recall his name.

The officer's name is Captain Wilm Hosenfeld

fleemkeģ
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Indeed it's a great movie ... so cold :eek: F.e.The part were the wheelchair was thrown down the balcon :eek:

Love Polanski :)

kyk710
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:32 PM
I havn't seen it yet but i really want to! I think I'm going to go rent it. THis is a little off subject but I just saw Bend it Like Beckham and loved it!

Vincent
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:34 PM
I find this movie is quite boring. :o

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:23 AM
great movie :)

rand
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:24 AM
even though normally I hate WWII movies...the only exceptions being rhe pianist and amen (both from last year :) )

Luna_Angel_84
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:54 PM
I love this movie! My mum and I couldn't wait til it came out here so we got it from America. I'm not sure if it contains that featurette cos I've never bothered my ass to look at the special features. My mum has probably been at the bonus stuff though so she can perve at Adrien Brody. ;)

Oh and to add to your theory apoet29, I loved the Hours too (preferred it to the Pianist infact).