PDA

View Full Version : Belgian Rankings 4th Aug.

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2003, 03:01 AM
I hadn't seen a ranking list done for a while, so I thought it might be nice to post one.

2 Kim Clijsters =
3 Justine Henin-Hardenne =
79 Els Callens =
233 Caroline Maes =
378 Leslie Butkiewicz +5
392 Gaelle Taton +6
438 Elke Clijsters =
456 Evelyne van Hyfte -1
460 Debbrich Feys -2
502 Kirsten Flipkens +44
1094 Cecile Baijot +19

Does anyone think that Elke, Evelyne or Debbrich can break the top 400 this year? I suppose all three have points to defend soon because of the Belgian circuit. I think Elke might find it tought unless she finds some form (please God). Evelyne's going in the right direction though, and Debbrich too. It would be nice to see Kirsten inside the top 500 also at the end of the year. Even more, hopefully Kim will get to #1 and even Justine to #2 (or the other way round).

tennisbelge
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Does anyone think that Elke, Evelyne or Debbrich can break the top 400 this year? I suppose all three have points to defend soon because of the Belgian circuit. I think Elke might find it tought unless she finds some form (please God). Evelyne's going in the right direction though, and Debbrich too. It would be nice to see Kirsten inside the top 500 also at the end of the year. Even more, hopefully Kim will get to #1 and even Justine to #2 (or the other way round).

Evelyne will be around 430 next week thanks to her semi in Petange. She hasn't that many points to defend in Belgium. Debbrich has a quarter final in Coxyde or Westende to defend but she should be able to perform well this year.

Brαm
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Thanks for that, Sarah! :)
Might I add this: Kirsten is now ranked 502nd, which is her highest singles rank ever :D Congrats to her for that :yeah:
Elke? Um... :unsure:
I think Evelyne has a great powerful game, and she should be able to end the year inside the top-400. She does have SF points to defend in Westende, btw!
Debbrich... I don't know.. She does play a lot, so maybe...

Wimanna
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Kirsten has to defend some points this week... (6.75) but she didn't play on the circuit last week (Belgian Champs) so she will drop around 80 spots next week.
I hope Elke will find her better form and raise her rank. Evelyne is on the right track, so is Debbirch :)
Gaelle Taton will drop lots of places... (maybe she can use an injury rank next year? IF she won't retire...)

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:19 PM
I really hope that Gaelle won't have to retire! That would be so sad! Yeah, Evelyne should be about 435 next week from Petange, and if she does really well this week she could even possibly break into the top 400 then (but that would mean at least getting to the finals and getting some bonus points, so we'll see). ;) Debbrich isn't playing this week is she? I think Elke won't move up any next week as she lost 1st r quallies, even if it was a $50k! :(

Also, I have some pics of Evelyne from the Brussels tourney and when I can find a scanner that works, I'll post them! :D

Brαm
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Cool!! :D Will you post it in my brother's thread then? Or in a seperate one?

DutchieGirl
Aug 5th, 2003, 01:49 PM
haven't made up my mind yet, but probably in a separate one, coz Stijn's thread takes ages to open now!