PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Allison Bradshaw vs. Tara Snyder?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:28 PM
Is Allison getting back to form? Does she still hit the ball 9000 miles an hour on every shot, even on the dead run? Has she lost any weight? Thanks...

Shooter
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:43 AM
Is Allison getting back to form? Does she still hit the ball 9000 miles an hour on every shot, even on the dead run? Has she lost any weight? Thanks...

Yes. I saw quite a bit of that match. It was no contest, as you can see from the score. I've seen Allison play before and she played about the same this time. She does occasionally hit the ball very hard, but not much harder than Snyder. Didn't look like she had lost or gained weight. She looked pretty good, maybe a little heavier than your average pro tennis player, but not bad at all. Her consistency level was quite a bit below any of the better qualifiers. You got the feeling throughout the match that she didn't think she could win. Towards the end she wasn't really trying. She was throwing in some junk balls with a lot of spin which no pro is going to have any trouble with. In general she gave me the impression that she hasn't been playing as much as these other girls in the qualies.

By the way, Snyder is playing fairly well. Saw her win a very tough match against Craybas today (Sunday). Craybas was playing well. This match went down to the wire in the 3rd set. Either player could have won. It was the best match I saw in the qualies. Very high quality - lots of good points. These were two players on top of their games, playing well for a spot in the main draw. Hats off to Snyder for winning. Also congrats to Craybas for a match well played.

Becool
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:32 AM
I love your comments Shooter :)

And excellent website! :wavey:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Thanks a lot Shooter :) So discouraging to hear that Allison is that negative out there though...

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:13 AM
what does she have to be positive about?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:45 AM
LOL shaddup ;) She did beat Bethanie Mattek this year. I know she doesn't have to much to be positive about, but you can at least fight when you're losing! No wonder she is in the 400s. Since when do junk balls work outside of 10K qualies?

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 4th, 2003, 06:48 PM
I know, I like Allison too but she's hard to understand. I saw her play in Scottsdale this year and wow what a disappointment. She just cranked every shot and didn't bother to move for it if it was out of her reach.