PDA

View Full Version : tennis GREAT? MOVIE:

MonicaSelesFan
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:18 AM
TENNIS GREAT:

Legally Blonde starlet Reese Witherspoon will earn a career-best $8 million to star in an untitled drama set in the world of professional women's tennis, Variety reports. Witherspoon would play a onetime tennis phenom.

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/inthenews/020129.asp#A

MonicaSelesFan
Jan 30th, 2002, 12:24 AM
[/I] WITHERSPOON SERVES UP TENNIS PITCH WITHERSPOON SERVES UP TENNIS PITCH

Los Angeles (23 Jul, 01) -
Intermedia has hired writer Bruce Miller to pen a script based on his original untitled tennis pitch for Reese Witherspoon’s Intermedia-based Type A Films. Witherspoon, who’s Legally Blonde took first place at the box office last weekend, also plans to star in the romantic sports comedy set in the world of women’s tennis.

Intermedia President of Production, Basil Iwanyk bought the pitch for Witherspoon, who recently wrapped Oliver Parker’s The Importance of Being Earnest, and producing partner Debra Seigel. The film will be Type A’s first co-production with Intermedia with whom they have a first look deal. The producers expect to receive a script in the next few weeks.

Talent Entertainment Group’s Evelyn O’Neill and Cheryl Stanley will also produce with Intermedia co-chairmen Guy East, Nigel Sinclair and Moritz Borman executive producing. Iwanyk and creative executive Matt Fairchild are overseeing development of the project for Intermedia.

“As she’s shown in Election and Legally Blonde, Reese has terrific edge, heart and humor,” stated Intermedia’s Iwanyk. “That, coupled with the inherent craziness of women’s tennis, should make for a great movie!”

[I]Witherspoon says, “I’ve always been a fan of women’s tennis and I’m really excited that Intermedia came on board to help bring this project to fruition.”