PDA

View Full Version : New magazine contest

samp20
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:17 AM
Hey everyone. I read about this on the Serena & Venus board. There's a new magazine for women coming out (don't know much about it really, only that they focus on sports) They're doing this thing where you can go & vote for who you want to see on the cover of their magazine. There's a lot of women tennis players on the ballot (Venus, Serena, Jennifer, Anna, Kim, Justine, etc.) I voted for Lindsay myself but I'd love to see any of them win. You can vote at
http://ynotmagazine.com/YNot.asp

*JR*
Jul 31st, 2003, 01:12 AM
Angelina Jolie leads the early voting with over 1,000 votes. Jennie Finch of ESPN.com vote fame is 2nd in the 800's. Serena had 700+ and Venus 500+ (presumably drawing votes from eachother). Some other early results:
0 Monica Seles
0 Kim Clijsters
0 Justine Henin :o :o :o

samp20
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Angelina Jolie leads the early voting with over 1,000 votes. Jennie Finch of ESPN.com vote fame is 2nd in the 800's. Serena had 700+ and Venus 500+ (presumably drawing votes from eachother). Some other early results:
0 Monica Seles
0 Kim Clijsters
0 Justine Henin :o :o :o

Now it's time for the soccer girls to take over. They're kicking our butts! Get in there & vote people!

Martian Willow
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:14 PM
The problem is, do we want to vote for Serena, just for the sake of having a tennis player on the cover? What a dilemma! :)

gentenaire
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Just be impatient and click 20 times in a row, you'll have voted 20 times.

*JR*
Aug 4th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Just be impatient and click 20 times in a row, you'll have voted 20 times.
If I recall, it said there was a 5 vote per day limit (IP logged, I guess), so they have "controlled ballot box stuffing"! Incidentally, they probably had a step-@-a-time initial promo, so maybe a Jet type board got the W/S "unanimity" re. tennis (byonce was on the cover, BTW), one targeted @ softball got the Jenny Finch vote, something for horny hetero guys :devil: (& gay gals?) like AskMen.com got the Angie J vote, blah... (BTW, re. the gender crossover bit: troof! Playgirl mag was reported 2B embarrassed from an advertiser standpoint that alot of the "str8 gurlz" in their circulation #'s were actually gay guyz)! ;)