PDA

View Full Version : Elena Just WON!!!!

JLDementieva
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:14 AM
YES!!!
Dementieva just defeated Schiavone 7-6, 6-2. If I'm right I like she plays Henin-Hardenne in the next round!!!

JLDementieva
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:14 AM
I meant to say I think, not I like!!

Jordan.
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:15 AM
:woohoo:

jbone_0307
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:17 AM
Oh plz Henin will eat her alive!!!!!

Julian
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:16 AM
YAY ELENA! jbone..how quickly we forget Amelia Island this year..;)anyway if Alyona can only improve her serve she could be in the top 5 IMO!!

jbone_0307
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:25 AM
There is no possible way Elena can get into the top 5. If she improves her serve, i still dont see her getting into the top 5. Her groundstrokes are like pity pat, her backhand is strongl, but thats it. Jelena has much more potential

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:36 AM
Elena's forehand is better than her backhand in my opinion. She creates much more damage off that side anyways. I'm glad Elena won and I hope she can go far at this tournament!!! Good luck Alyona!!!

kodeRED
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:56 AM
yup H-H is goin down!!!! allez dementieva
i can feel the dementieva-pierce final!!!
i cannot wait!

jbone_0307
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:43 AM
yup H-H is goin down!!!! allez dementieva
i can feel the dementieva-pierce final!!!
i cannot wait!

Well you will be waiting for a really, really, really, really, long time. If it even happens..

Gowza
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:47 AM
elena's backhand looked pretty poor when she played serena at wimbledon imo, her forehand certainly is her weapon. she could get top 5 if she improves that serve, i think to get top 5 she may need to improve that backhand a bit as well as the serve.

good win elena, schiavone has been playing well recently.

good luck against justine!.

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:17 AM
Yes, I noticed too that Elena's only weapon is that forehand, and probably her quickness too. The backhand of hers is strange, its also weak and sets up winners from her opponents. Her serve also needs to improve. but when she's on, that forehand is really dangerous. This won't be a cake walk for Justine....but I still think Justine in 3 or 2 tight sets. GO JUJU:D

Jordan.
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:33 AM
Her backhand was awesome at Amelia Island.

Go Elena!

Juju_La_Terreure
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:07 AM
I'm so happy that Elena has won
but i hate it when two of my favorites
have to play against eachother :(

JLDementieva
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:32 AM
Seriously Jbone, what do you have against Elena!!
And by the way, I've seen Elena play in person before, and I think her backhand can be pretty awesome too! So, I think both her forehand and backhand are weapons, her forehand, of course being the better one

Dava
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:07 AM
Congrats Elena!

AKTW
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:13 PM
Good luck Alyona! :bounce:

DEETHELICK
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:02 PM
Elena's BH has improved so much since she first burst on the tour.

And jbone, I'm sure you have not seen Elena play if you think her groundstrokes are weak. That girl is pure dynamite on both wings, the forehand being stronger.

Against Serena, she was overawed and overpowered. She went for winners that weren't there and tried to impose herself in a way that she was not comfortable with. She was playing Serena for the first time and obviously had difficulty adjusting to her.

Elena is a better hardcourt player than Justine IMO and prefers faster surfaces better, but Henin is confident and can hang with Elena. Its tough, Henin is the favourite, but Elena has a chance.

3 sets either way! :)

fried_beans
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:06 PM
jbone, you seem to be one of the most delusional fans ive ever seen. Jelena sucks get over it!

rikvanlooy
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:12 PM
Elena's BH has improved so much since she first burst on the tour.

And jbone, I'm sure you have not seen Elena play if you think her groundstrokes are weak. That girl is pure dynamite on both wings, the forehand being stronger.

Against Serena, she was overawed and overpowered. She went for winners that weren't there and tried to impose herself in a way that she was not comfortable with. She was playing Serena for the first time and obviously had difficulty adjusting to her.

Elena is a better hardcourt player than Justine IMO and prefers faster surfaces better, but Henin is confident and can hang with Elena. Its tough, Henin is the favourite, but Elena has a chance.

3 sets either way! :)

Elena is a better hardcourt player than Justine IMO ???

I'm not sure this is correct.

Dymension
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:16 PM
Well done Elena :D

Good luck against Justine :)

skanky~skanketta
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:54 PM
elena's advantages: forehand, return of serve, speed(sort of)
elena's weaknesses: SERVE, backhand.

justine's strengths: forehand, backhand, serve, return of serve, speed, volleys.
weaknesses:tendency to make too many errors. thats basically how elena won at amelia island.

KV
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:12 PM
Well done Alyona :bounce: