PDA

View Full Version : goodbye JANA KANDARR

pan
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:43 PM
it's not official, but i'm sure it's true: JANA won't come back to the tour!
she played only a few events this year, won one main draw-match and fell down to rank #291.
she always wanted to study if tennis doesn't make her happy anymore. JANA had a solid career, with a few highlights and great wins over players like MAURESMO, MARTINEZ, SCHULTZ-MCCARTHY, SUKOVA, COETZER, LIKHOVTSEVA, MALEEVA, FRAZIER ... and played tough threesetters against DAVENPORT, NOVOTNA, MAJOLI ...
she had her breakthrough in hamburg '95 where she got the quarterfinals as a qualifier ranked something around #350. she played only two semifinals in her career, a few quartefinals, 2000 the fourth round in melbourne and the third round of the olympic games in sydney (her big dream cause her mother petra vogt, a three-time european track-champion never had the chance to start at olympic games). her career high-rank was #43.
she was the first "big" player from eastern germany and one of the most beautiful girls on the tour. she's just 26 years old.

goodbye JANA! i will miss you!

:sad: :wavey:

jrm
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:55 PM
another one bites the dust - i will her long legs

Josh
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I will miss her spunk on court. That girl had guts with her relentless net assaults lol.

Goodbye Jana :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:07 PM
bye Jana :sad:
wish her well in whatever she does

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:22 PM
:sad:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Jana :(

I_See_The_Light
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:27 AM
good luch Jana.. we will always remember u for your excellent 1st round win against amelia manesmo at the french open 2001!!!

Philip
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:32 AM
bye Jana :sad: you've been one of my faves alongside my others :( hope u venture back to the courts one day.

Mikey
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:34 AM
Goodbye Jana :sad: - You will be missed :sad:

Good luck in whatever you do!

rated_next
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:41 AM
Jana :sad:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jul 31st, 2003, 01:10 AM
I had heard some time ago that Jana would take time off the tour to go to school, come back to play a few events and make some money for school, break for school, and so on. I have a feeling we may see her back to make money for school but who knows. Either way she won't be as committed as before and just out there to earn a few grand. I love you Jana :(

pan
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:36 AM
I had heard some time ago that Jana would take time off the tour to go to school, come back to play a few events and make some money for school, break for school, and so on. I have a feeling we may see her back to make money for school but who knows. Either way she won't be as committed as before and just out there to earn a few grand. I love you Jana :(

JANA had a break at the beginning of 2000 when she made her school-exam. now she's allowed to study at universities and if she's studying (medical) right now i think she won't have time to play again...
it's curious, the german press always loved to talk about JANA but there are no news about her since months.
:confused:

Dava
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:24 AM
:sad: I hope she can come back!

MakarovaFan
Jul 31st, 2003, 01:36 PM
Nooooooooooooo!!!! Though i knew it was coming!Good luck
in whatever you do. :sad: :sad:

Iconoclast
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:14 PM
This thread sounds like an obituary. She hasn't called it quits just yet, but it does look about to happen.

I must confess to being on of her admirers as well. It has been known for some time that she is slowly removing herself from pro tennis to pursue a career as a veterinarian. I believe she is studying in Berlin for that purpose.

Soon to turn 27 and ranked outside the Top 200, it does seem like an understandable decision on her part. She gave tennis a try in the Spring, but the encouraging results never came.

Jana is undoubtedly one of the most elegant players to ever grace the WTA Tour. Too bad her tennis never really took off after the promising signs early in her career. Her best result, aside from knocking out Mauresmo at the French Open, was probably her 4th round at the 2000 Australian Open.

Reaching #43 in your profession isn't too bad, but you wonder if she could have made it further if she hadn't picked up her first racket with her right hand. Apparently, she does everything except play tennis with her left hand.

Shooter
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:45 PM
Golden Girl - Jana Kandarr

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Shooter.jpg http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/LA01/images/Kandarr_06.jpg http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Shooter.jpg

KV
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:47 PM
Bye, good luck in future

JackFrost
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:05 PM
Bye, good luck in future

Well, if...and I say if she really quits tennis, it´s the right decision.
Jana has a lot of talent, but she didn´t make much out of it.
Every good tournament followed months of first-round exits.
Sorry, but it was a shame. She could have reached so much.

But, hey, she´s still got a pretty face, she is smart and I hope she gets the job she wants. I wish her good luck for her life after tennis (IF she really retires).

matthias
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:00 PM
i hope she will enjoy her new life

Jakub
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:18 PM
oh no :sad::sad::sad:

:sad:

good luck in your live Jana

the cat
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:25 PM
Goo luck to Jana! :) She is a lovely tennis player with quite possibly the most incredible legs I've ever seen! :D

I think taking a year off to study is a great idea for a tennis player! :) And I hope that's what Jana is doing.