PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Chanda's ranking

sharnadarling
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:49 AM
hahaha

she has 2 defend LA where she defeated the 1, 3, 4 and 8th seeds, the 4th round of the us open and the qf of linz...

sorry chanda, not ur time 2 shine, ur gonna be outta the top 15 very soon :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:50 AM
With Serena out of LA, I give Chanda a good chance to defend LA.

I don't see her losing before the 4th at the US Open...and a QF in Linz. That's really nothing

sharnadarling
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:52 AM
well i do! i think its sumthing she puts in her hair to defeat top players....maybe some gel that gets sucked in2 head where she can think better coz chanda's hair never moves.... i wouldn't b surprised if it was a wig :haha:

disposablehero
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:54 AM
hahaha

she has 2 defend LA where she defeated the 1, 3, 4 and 8th seeds, the 4th round of the us open and the qf of linz...

sorry chanda, not ur time 2 shine, ur gonna be outta the top 15 very soon :bounce:

Chanda is going to lose a good chunk of points. And not drop a single place. She has 356 points on Hantuchova, who is playing like crap and defending just as many points as Chanda.

sharnadarling
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:56 AM
well they both suck then and shuldnt be in the top ten! :fiery: bring back schett and dokic to replace them!

disposablehero
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:58 AM
well they both suck then and shuldnt be in the top ten! :fiery: bring back schett and dokic to replace them!

Schett and Dokic haven't gone anywhere, other than down the rankings. Watch them play and you will see why.

Penne1
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Chanda may not defend LA but I would be very surprised if she didn't at least make the quarters there.

She should at least equal or better her performance at the US Open and a QF appearance at Linz should be easily defended if not bettered.

Her ranking isn't going anywhere - at least not out of the top 15. She has done more than enough in the first half of the year to maintain her rank even if some points to fall away in the next couple of months and as someone pointed out those below her are really going nowhere - she really isn't under threat right now!

Trish101
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:21 AM
im sensing a CHANDA HATER! lmao TOO FUNNY! (a peice of advice though) dont go saying anything about Aunt Jemima and or pancakes in the same sentence....Griffin might just ban you WHILE calling you a racist!

hingis-seles
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Aunt Jemima. :hearts: I used to drink a bottle of maple syrup everyday. I didn't feel the need to bother pouring it on pancakes. :p

I_See_The_Light
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:43 AM
OMG WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET THROUGH TO YOU VETERAN LOVERS!!! Chanda along with Maleeva and Ai are going nowhere!! the only reason they are in and around the top 10 is coz the real top 10ers like DOkic, Myskina and Hantuchova are out of form for the time being!! Wait till these players pick up their racquets again and we'll see who stays in the top 10!! that is even if chanda can still beat players outside the top 50!!!

At their best DOkic KICKS CHANDA

Dava
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Look nobody thought she could defend Eastborne and she did SO THERE :mad:

Dava
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:55 AM
How many points does she have to defend. I made it about 600 which I think is wrong.

*JR*
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Fuck the points, I just want the gutsy, oft-injured #1 patron of junior tennis on the tour to win a Slam! And re. the racial stuff, guess what? True liberation means having a choice of whether to "wear it on your sleeve" or not! ;)

kyk710
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:54 PM
OMG WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET THROUGH TO YOU VETERAN LOVERS!!! Chanda along with Maleeva and Ai are going nowhere!! the only reason they are in and around the top 10 is coz the real top 10ers like DOkic, Myskina and Hantuchova are out of form for the time being!! Wait till these players pick up their racquets again and we'll see who stays in the top 10!! that is even if chanda can still beat players outside the top 50!!!

At their best DOkic KICKS CHANDA
Chanda not a "real top 10er" ? HAhahahaha. And Dokic, Myskina, and Hantuchova are? Obviously, by the rankings AND by results Chanda is the "real top 10er", and I don't know if anyone in the 10 ten is more deserving of it. After reaching #6 in 96, Chanda has come back from 3(?) surgeries into the top ten again. In the last 2 seasons she has beaten Serena, almost beat Venus at the US Open, and she has beaten everyone else in the top 5 besides Kim. "At their best DOkic kicks Chanda?" Well Dokic's best year was '02 and Chanda beat her pretty easily in both their matches. :rolleyes:
Los Angeles Hard (O) SF Chanda RUBIN 6-0 6-2
2002 Linz Hard (I) QF Chanda RUBIN 7-5 6-2

kyk710
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Btw, to "i see the light" I dont know what light you're seeing but I sure as hell hope I never have to see it ;)

malaye
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Btw, to "i see the light" I dont know what light you're seeing but I sure as hell hope I never have to see it ;) Lol I think he/she and Sharnadarling are seeing the same light, so there must be something out there ;)

Vut
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Good Luck Chanda

Munchen
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Go Chanda!

Experimentee
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Shes been doing a good job of defending her points thus far, dont count her out, especially with top players like the Williams sisters absent.

switz
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:37 PM
why do people even acknowledge these moronic posters? it's so sad that they're so obsessed with their favourites that they have to take it out on other players when they're favs are playing like shit.

Here are the facts

1) dokic's a head-case with such a one-dimensional game that when she tries to change it the slightest bit she suddenly can't do much at all

2) hantuchova's a great player with serious issues, and a serious case of denial. you shouldn't be worried about her coming back to form, you should worry about her surviving on tour, or in life for that matter

3) myskina = a top 10 player who's made one GS Q/F after chanda choked massively against her, and who's greatest career achievement is winning Bahia, beating Eleni Daniilidou in the final

4) chanda rubin is brilliant human being, who would never even contemplate sinking to the levels you do. she doesn't deserve to be top 10? in the last year she has won eastbourne twice; won los angles beating serena, lindsay, and dokic; won madrid; made the semis in miami thrashing mauresmo and henin; made a GS Q/F, 4 4th rounds. At any time in the history of women's tennis a player with that record would be considered a top 10 player.

why pick on a player who does so much for others and has fought so many challenges? you are just an awful human being and i only wish that there were less posters like you on this board

Libertango
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Go Chanda!! Best of luck for LA the US Open and the rest of the year! :D

fried_beans
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Never count Chanda out!

Toontje
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:55 PM
2003 Race to the WTA Championships
(As of July 30, 2003)
Player (Current Rank) Points # Trn
1 Kim Clijsters (2) 4137 13
2 Serena Williams (1) 3916 7
3 Justine Henin-Hardenne (3) 3744 12
4 Venus Williams (4) 2211 6
5 Lindsay Davenport (5) 1929 12
6 Jennifer Capriati (7) 1706 13
7 Amelie Mauresmo (6) 1607 9
8 Chanda Rubin (8) 1577 13

http://www.tenniscorner.net/rankings/

greetings

Toontje

treufreund
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:57 PM
FUCq off! Chanda is an angel and deserves her ranking. She is up there with Kim Clijsters in terms of classiness and sportsmanship. Just leave this board cuz your hatin' on Chanda is not welcome. :fiery: :mad:

sharnadarling
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:17 AM
who cares kyk if chanda has come bak from surgery....what? u want ppl to feel sympathetic 4 her? tennis is a job and every job has its worst parts 2 it and chanda definately doesnt deserve 2 be in the top 10!!!!! :fiery:

Venus Forever
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:21 AM
who cares kyk if chanda has come bak from surgery....what? u want ppl to feel sympathetic 4 her? tennis is a job and every job has its worst parts 2 it and chanda definately doesnt deserve 2 be in the top 10!!!!! :fiery:

So, who deserves it then.

Daniela Hantuchova, who has 0 titles towards her ranking, and only one GrandSlam Quarterfinal??

Jelena Dokic, who has a losing record this year??

Anastasia Myskina, who seems to win only in the Tier 3 events??

Magdalena Maleeva, inconsistent as she is??

Who??

Nobody deserves their top 10 ranking more than Chanda. 3 titles to her name, a GrandSlam Quarterfinal, 2 Fourth Rounds, and a Third Round appearance. Wins over Serena Williams, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Lindsay Davenport to her ranking.

Chanda :worship:

sharnadarling
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:23 AM
no idea! but definately not chanda!

Venus Forever
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:24 AM
no idea! but definately not chanda!

If you have no idea, then don't complain, because she obviously deserves it. :rolleyes:

setpoint
Aug 1st, 2003, 04:48 AM
Chanda will not only hold her ranking, but probably move past Capriati and possibly Mauresmo. She is definitely a more talented all court player than Dokic, Myskina. or Hantuchova and very deserving of her ranking.

Dawn Marie
Aug 1st, 2003, 05:00 AM
I was just about to ask what freakin planet you're from but I see that it is indeed MARS.

Rotflmao at this fake ass thread.

There here is your attention now be happy.

sharnadarling
Aug 1st, 2003, 05:09 AM
dawn marie...you have obviously been blinded by your admiration for venus (u seriously must be mentally distrubed) but do not worry...you will get well soon...

and one more thing, there is nothing wrong about mars and you should be supporting it....i mean, didnt venus and serena get born over there? :p

Venus Forever
Aug 1st, 2003, 05:14 AM
I didn't realize you could get born anywhere. :rolleyes: :o

persond
Aug 1st, 2003, 05:16 AM
I really find it quite "irritating" when "Neophytes" (unless they're old asses posing as new posters) come onto the board and immediately start fighting with the regular posters. It just shows a "lack of respect" for the board and the older members, and it just " galls" me to no end...!!!

At any rate, Chanda has proven through her results that she is a top tenner, and as far as deserving goes, she certainly have the points to prove it. The system as it is rewards those who play well, and apparently she has played well enough to surpass Dokic, Myskina, and anyone else ranked below her...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Aug 1st, 2003, 05:23 AM
It is so obvious that this "poster" has no care about Chanda and her ranking and her top ten status. If they did they would see that she aint going anywhere.

Nah, they just want to see folks get all riled up probably lost a privledge and are acting out.

sharnadarling
Aug 1st, 2003, 06:53 AM
not true dawn marie, i am simply stating an opinion...which in a few months will become true :haha:

brunof
Aug 1st, 2003, 07:26 AM
Cough. Chanda has a piss poor 33-10 record. Almost Muller-like. :sad:

Venus Forever
Aug 1st, 2003, 07:46 AM
Cough. Chanda has a piss poor 33-10 record. Almost Muller-like. :sad:

Isn't it pathetic?? :o

BigTennisFan
Aug 1st, 2003, 07:54 AM
It is so obvious that this "poster" has no care about Chanda and her ranking and her top ten status. If they did they would see that she aint going anywhere.

Nah, they just want to see folks get all riled up probably lost a privledge and are acting out.

I was wondering when someone else was going to realize that this thread is just an attention getting sham. :lol:

sharnadarling
Aug 1st, 2003, 08:58 AM
and excuse me! there is no superiority between new and old members! that is just a ridiculous idea...we r all here to talk bout tennis and players and it doesnt matter if u r posting geek who has thousands of post or a newbie that has 1 post...

pffff @ that idea!

brunof
Aug 2nd, 2003, 05:00 PM
Isn't it pathetic?? :o

Indeed. :p

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 2nd, 2003, 05:09 PM
I hesitate to even bother replying in this thread, but honestly, Chanda really is an amazing player who completely deserves her ranking. Don't be surprised if she ends up in the semis of either the USO or the Australian. She's a great player!!! And a deserved Top 10! That's all there really is to say about this matter IMO.....

azza
Aug 2nd, 2003, 05:09 PM
Everyone here is smelly :D

Rothes
Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:28 AM
Everyone here is smelly :D

Was Playschool let out early today?

Chanda :)