PDA

View Full Version : So Justine is bad on US hardcourt?

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:34 AM
at the moment she is leading daniilidou 6-1.

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:35 AM
at the moment she is leading daniilidou 6-1.

Wow, Eleni Danilidou!!! Justine should be #1 now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Henin isn't bad on any surface, imo. it's just that her success on clay is much greater...

Who said Justine should be no.1? :rolleyes: right back at ya...

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:00 AM
i agree Vegetable, i don't think justine is bad on any surface.

6-1 6-1 win over daniilidou is pretty convincing for someone who isn't meant to be one of the top players on US hardcourt over someone ranked in the top 25.

jenglisbe
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Gowza - Mary Pierce easily dispatched Eleni on grass...'nuff said.

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:10 AM
why is it that people think justine isn't good on US hardcourt? justine because she hasn't got the results on as she has on other surfaces doesn't mean she's bad or not one fo the top players on this surface.

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:16 AM
It's the same shitty argument some people use for some male players-- being great on clay means you can't be good on hard court. Whatever. It's bullshit in that context and it's the same when used for Henin.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:17 AM
I could beat Daniilidou on Hardcourts. :)

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:19 AM
So now Daniilidou absolutely SUCKS on hard court? LMAO It's not as if she's Ashley Harkleroad after all ;)

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:21 AM
daniilidou's best grand slam has been the oz open and she has reached the 3rd round at the US open in 2 attempts and that was her first attempt so daniilidou isn't bad on hardcourts either.

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:22 AM
so you guys are saying justines 3 straight 4th rounds at the us open mean nothing?

Sam L
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Justine's not bad on hardcourt, it's just her game isn't too suited to hardcourt. Her creative shot making is more suited to the clay and grass where ball bounces vary. On hardcourts, players who hit hard and flat with very little spin do well.

So an average hardcourter can match and beat Justine as long as she's keeping her errors low and hitting hard into the corners.

Sam L
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:24 AM
so you guys are saying justines 3 straight 4th rounds at the us open mean nothing?
Davenport, Serena and Hantuchova: quality hardcourters will take her out easily unless she comes up with something special.

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Eleni Daniilidou played horrible especially her serve as usually. She need to get new coach who can improving her serve!!

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:25 AM
umm, justine beat davenport on hardcourt in australia. yes it is rebound ace at the oz open but that is hardcourt.

~|Naomi|~
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:26 AM
No one is saying Henin isn't in the top 10 best hard court players, but she isn't the best. I watched Daniliidou get creamed by Pierce at Wimbledon, her serve sucked. If she served like that today she deserved to be beaten 6-0 6-0. Henin is still a fine player on hard courts, but not as strong as she is on clay or grass. But in saying that she should still make the final with Serena out and Capriati with a bung shoulder.

Just for interest sakes on hardcourt this is how I would rank them

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

But Henin and Capriati could swap either way

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:29 AM
It's the same shitty argument some people use for some male players-- being great on clay means you can't be good on hard court. Whatever. It's bullshit in that context and it's the same when used for Henin.

Henin doesn't take the ball early enough on fast surfaces. She waits and moves back on her backhand like she is playing on a clay court. That doesn't fly on faster surfaces. Her backhand gets pounded into submission by the other top players. Hingis did a good job of taking balls very early to control rallies against the other top players.

~|Naomi|~
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Davenport, Serena and Hantuchova: quality hardcourters will take her out easily unless she comes up with something special.

I don't think Dani would beat Justine at the momet, Davenport woldn't take her out easily but if her serve held up for the whole match should win in 3 but Henin could take her down. Serena though if fit would take her out easily

BK4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:31 AM
No one is saying Henin isn't in the top 10 best hard court players, but she isn't the best. I watched Daniliidou get creamed by Pierce at Wimbledon, her serve sucked. If she served like that today she deserved to be beaten 6-0 6-0. Henin is still a fine player on hard courts, but not as strong as she is on clay or grass. But in saying that she should still make the final with Serena out and Capriati with a bung shoulder.

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

That list is one of the funniest post I have read all day...HOLLER...ROTFLMBAO

Venus Forever
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:31 AM

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

Kim before Venus?? Now, that's a joke. :lol:

Pertaining to the topic, Daniilidou ='s slump. ;)

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Clarification: I never said Henin's best surface was hardcourt. What I said was that I don't think she sucks on any particular surface.

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:34 AM
umm, justine beat davenport on hardcourt in australia. yes it is rebound ace at the oz open but that is hardcourt.

Rebound ace is very slow compared to US Hardcourts. the US Open is supposedly the fastest there is in America. Also Davy is 5-1 against Henin.

yukon145
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:46 AM

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Davenport
5 Mauresmo
6 Rubin
7 Capriati
8 henin

What are you smoking? Kim over Venus on hardcourts? Right...... And Jen is better than Rubin and Mauresmo on hardcourts, IMO.

ys
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:55 AM

Wasn't that you who put the "US" qualifier in the thread name? ;)

ys
Jul 30th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Clarification: I never said Henin's best surface was hardcourt. What I said was that I don't think she sucks on any particular surface.

She doesn't suck on US hardcourts the same way as Pete Sampras doesn't suck on clay. No, Pete doesn't suck nearly that badly..

Hawk
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Eleni unfortunatly is in the midst of a pretty bad slump..plus hardcourt is not a surface she particularly likes. I'm not terribly shocked by the scoreline, Justine's problems on hardcourt come along when she plays the top players. The last few times Justine has met Serena, Venus or Kim on this surface she's lost fairly easily.

Time will tell..she does seem very confident right now..maybe it'll translate to good results on the hardcourts..

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:22 AM

She did'nt beat Lindsay, she cheated!!!!!
It wont never happened again,take it to the bank. not on hardcourts.

Fingon
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:33 AM
She did'nt beat Lindsay, she cheated!!!!!
It wont never happened again,take it to the bank. not on hardcourts.

interesting how Justine's injuries were cheating and Lindsay's injuries were not.

I have nothing against Davenport and most of her fans, but you are absolutely pathetic

Vegetable
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:35 AM
She doesn't suck on US hardcourts the same way as Pete Sampras doesn't suck on clay. No, Pete doesn't suck nearly that badly..

lol... :lol:

Crazy Canuck
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Indeed. Everybody who makes that arguement needs to be put out of their misery. I've battled against it so many times in mens tennis (where, btw, all a player needs is an ESP or ARG beside their name to be classified as a "claycourter") that I can't muster up the energy to do it here.

Anybody who knows squat about tennis knows that Henin is good on hardcourts. She's just not GREAT on them like she is on clay.

Fingon
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Justine sucks on hardcourt! Shes a stoopid biatch.

GO RENA!

well, but Rena is not playing, too bad...

what the hell does stoopid mean? it's not stupid because that's you.

I don't know the meaning of biatch also, sounds like bitch but again, that applies to you.

LeonHart
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Justine is not BAD on hardcourts, and she has been improving. I'd rank her at #7 above Capriati, Hantuchova, and Myskina on hardcourts (in top 10)

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:55 AM
well, but Rena is not playing, too bad...

what the hell does stoopid mean? it's not stupid because that's you.

I don't know the meaning of biatch also, sounds like bitch but again, that applies to you.

Fingon = LAME :wavey: Why pick on someone new to the board?! :confused:

LeonHart
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:56 AM
She has 16 posts and already is calling a top 10 player a bitch (personal reasons maybe?), that doesn't get respect from me. :yawn:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:57 AM
interesting how Justine's injuries were cheating and Lindsay's injuries were not.

I have nothing against Davenport and most of her fans, but you are absolutely pathetic

You should know the diffrence between a fake and a real injurie.
You should know also who's player cheated a lot of times already just to win.

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Rebound ace is very slow compared to US Hardcourts. the US Open is supposedly the fastest there is in America. Also Davy is 5-1 against Henin.

A head to head means absolutely nothing. Lindsay was in her best years when they met several times. Justine was just a rookie then.

Jen owned Serena, but that was in her prime. Now see how Serena wins all matches against Jen!

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:00 AM

like you know Justine's injury was fake :rolleyes: did you examine her? Are you a doc?

Crazy Canuck
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:03 AM
"new"

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:04 AM
She has 16 posts and already is calling a top 10 player a bitch (personal reasons maybe?), that doesn't get respect from me. :yawn:

It said Biatch, not bitch. :lol:

Fingon
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:04 AM

I should know?, what to believe what you say? the same could be say of your favourite in Zurich

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:05 AM
like you know Justine's injury was fake :rolleyes: did you examine her? Are you a doc?

OHHH Do I need to be a doctor to see whos cheating?????
I saw her hands too!!!!! I have a tape of it!!!!!

kyk710
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:06 AM
None of this matters. Everyone knows that Chanda is the best player on all the surfaces, and nobody can beat her.

Fingon
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:06 AM
OHHH Do I need to be a doctor to see whos cheating?????
I saw her hands too!!!!! I have a tape of it!!!!!

well no, not in your little fantasy world

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:07 AM
I should know?, what to believe what you say? the same could be say of your favourite in Zurich

The big diffrence is that lindsay is leading in both tournaments when injury happens. Lindsay also has to have an operation that sidelined her for 7 months occuring to the injurie she has in zurich!!!!!!

CHEATER IS ALWAYS A LOSER even if you win a match!!!!!!!

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:23 AM
The big diffrence is that lindsay is leading in both tournaments when injury happens. Lindsay also has to have an operation that sidelined her for 7 months occuring to the injurie she has in zurich!!!!!!

so from now on: players if you are injured GET AN OPERATION or you cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:28 AM
A head to head means absolutely nothing. Lindsay was in her best years when they met several times. Justine was just a rookie then.

Jen owned Serena, but that was in her prime. Now see how Serena wins all matches against Jen!

Lindsay is 2-1 since 2001 when Henin emerged as a serious top 10 player

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:32 AM
that's a lot closer then 5-1 I would say :)

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:42 AM
that's a lot closer then 5-1 I would say :)

True, but she straight setted Justine twice, and Justine had to win at 9-7 in the third. Lindsay is better on fast hardcourts, not that Justine couldn't beat her, but if Lindsay is hitting well I think she would win in 2 sets. That 5-1 edge helps in confidence.

Fingon
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:43 AM

huh? you are delusional now, after Zurich she was sidelined 7 months? are you in drugs?

Fingon
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:46 AM

also, Lindsay is not leading, she was leading maybe, that happens in the past :rolleyes:

cheater is always a loser, even if you win a match? you shouldn't mix second and third person, between you incoherencies, fantasies and the way you express yourself it's difficult to understand you.

I go to sleep, I have had enough of losers today

Filip!
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:47 AM
oh my god, please people, use your brains! some of you really have a problem, and some of you are so frustrated! Juju is the worlds #3, not because of ONE MISSED FIRST SERVE (= even not a point) by Serena, this is too stupid to read!

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:49 AM
True, but she straight setted Justine twice, and Justine had to win at 9-7 in the third. Lindsay is better on fast hardcourts, not that Justine couldn't beat her, but if Lindsay is hitting well I think she would win in 2 sets. That 5-1 edge helps in confidence.
imo Lindsay is the better hardcourtplayer, but that doesn't mean Justine can't keep improving.

She's getting better and better on all surfaces.

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:53 AM
imo Lindsay is the better hardcourtplayer, but that doesn't mean Justine can't keep improving.

She's getting better and better on all surfaces.

Agreed, I think all four top players are good on all surfaces. They have surfaces they are great on, but all are good. That's the mark of a very good player, to still win on surfaces that are not particularly suited to your game. Justine can avoid major upsets on hardcourts against a lower ranked player who is more comfortable on hardcourts than her because Henin is a great player, and great players will perform. Navratilova didn't like clay too much, but she has 2 FO titles I believe, and a few finals.

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:02 AM
I can't agree more :)

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:09 AM
I can't agree more :)

Per4ever, this is a milestone for me, I don't know about you. This may be the first time two tennis fans with favs who are rivals had a calm and intelligent discussion without and bickering and namecalling. I wish all fans were like us.

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:48 AM
it's called realisme Knizzle ;)

I think ALL tennisfans realise that the top 4 is really strong. They all know Serena is the best player in the world etc etc. Some people just don't dare to face it and admit it :)

I don't see any reason why I should trash Serena or other players. I respect them for who they are and for what they achieved.

GO TENNIS!!!!

Knizzle
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:53 AM
it's called realisme Knizzle ;)

I think ALL tennisfans realise that the top 4 is really strong. They all know Serena is the best player in the world etc etc. Some people just don't dare to face it and admit it :)

I don't see any reason why I should trash Serena or other players. I respect them for who they are and for what they achieved.

GO TENNIS!!!!

:worship: Wish there were more like you :worship:

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Jul 30th, 2003, 10:08 AM
:worship: Wish there were more like you :worship:

Nooooo; why did you say that, he's already so full of himself. ;) :p

The Crow
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Oh please can't you at least find new topics to fight about?

The Crow
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:11 AM
*re-opened* Hadn't read the last couple of posts, sorry :o (but who could had thought this thread went to a sane discussion :eek: ;))

per4ever
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:13 AM
thank you :worship:

Lizzy, just imagine more guys like me bugging you on msn :cool:

Hulet
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Let me get in my point before it's locked down again...

Since when is a score of just one match supposed to prove or disprove a player is good or bad on a certain surface? That's all.

I_See_The_Light
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:50 AM
None of this matters. Everyone knows that Chanda is the best player on all the surfaces, and nobody can beat her.

PHHHH!!! WHO ARE U KIDDING!!!

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Lizzy, just imagine more guys like me bugging you on msn :cool:

OMG *shivers* ;) :p

fleemkeģ
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Indeed. Everybody who makes that arguement needs to be put out of their misery. I've battled against it so many times in mens tennis (where, btw, all a player needs is an ESP or ARG beside their name to be classified as a "claycourter") that I can't muster up the energy to do it here.

Anybody who knows squat about tennis knows that Henin is good on hardcourts. She's just not GREAT on them like she is on clay.

There are really TENNISfans on this board :eek: :woohoo: ;)

Toontje
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:51 PM
As of Year 2003:

Win/Loss rekord on Hardcourt

Serena 100% Won: Australian open, Paris, Miami
Kim 87.87% Won: Stanford, Indian Wells, Sydney
Venus 87.50% Won: Antwerp
Justine 80% Won: Dubai
Mauresmo 76.92% Won :-
Rubin 73.68% Won: -
Davenport 73.68% Won: -
Capriati 70% Won:-