PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about Alicia...

kell
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Here's just a little thread where you can tell me what drew you into Alicia fandom. For me it was her smile and her fantastic attitude (oh yeah, and her exciting tennis).

Gowza
Jul 30th, 2003, 12:59 AM
when i heard she hit a 187 kph serve and she was australian and young. that was probably in 1999 or soomething like that. but now i like her attitude on the court and off the court.

azza
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Im a fan of her starting this year when i noticed on tennis australia that she won a tournie and was the only aussie to wina tournie in more than 6 yrs i think and when i looked her up on the wta website i found out on her way she was

1 the lowest direct entry
2 Beat Defending champion
3 Beat Number 1 seed
4 Saved 2 match points Vs Zvonerava

Ive been following her since then :D

:bowdown: Alicia :worship:

broncosven
Jul 30th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Been following her for a couple years now

alwasy notice new names and refreshing results form the young aussie girls and alicia was a stand out - especially with so many other players comenting of her play and attitude

she has a great nature and smile - that really comments her game well with a booming serve and awesome ground strokes

she will be leading the aussie girls out of the depression

SpikeyAidanm
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Her 'down to earth' attitude beats the rest of her attributes :)

azza
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Also at the Hopman Cup! she had Soooooooooo much fun with Lleyton in dubs they were sooo fun to watch!!!!

*JR*
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:09 PM
She's nothing like Nicole Pratt! :p

azza
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:41 PM
Lmao!

Aussie_Kim
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:59 PM
I first saw Alicia play at Hopman Cup 2 years ago. I've tried to follow her maTCHES (ROUGHLY!!) since then. I saw her again at this years Cup and she played AWSOME, and then had the success in Hobart. I was so happy for her. Then of course she got injured at the Oz Open in her first match.
That was such a shame but Alicia kept fighting. Thats what I love about her she gets down and gritty and fights. AN AUSSIE BATTLER. :bigclap:

P.S I also agree with every1 else

kell
Aug 4th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Also at the Hopman Cup! she had Soooooooooo much fun with Lleyton in dubs they were sooo fun to watch!!!!

Yeah. Anyone see that little video of her showing off her skills in other sports during the Hopman Cup TV coverage? I was already following her career, as do for all the Aussie girls, but that made me fall in love!

azza
Aug 4th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Yes shes quite good ar baseball ( pitching ) ;) and well pretty good at AFL ;)

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Yeah. Anyone see that little video of her showing off her skills in other sports during the Hopman Cup TV coverage?

Yep I do ;)

:lol: @ Louise Pleming!

azza
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:44 PM
That was very good Alicia is talnted :D